HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Fire Trucks maybe a Good thing
Posted by: iow ()
Date: September 30, 2020 11:11PM

So I received a letter in my mailbox that Centreville needs a new fire truck and asking me for a donation. Most of the activity I have personally observed since living five years in the western portion of the county consists of fire trucks and ambulances going nowhere and eventually shutting the sirens and lights off. I want to be a good citizen and care for my vulnerable neighbors, but I really don't want to give Fairfax even five bucks considering the asinine tax rate, Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fire Trucks maybe a Good thing
Posted by: #truthonthis ()
Date: September 30, 2020 11:48PM

The volunteers of Centreville want a new fire truck. The letter you received is not from the County of Fairfax. The volunteers and county are 2 separate entities. Any money you donate will go to the volunteers of Centreville.

My advice is to not donate because you already pay county taxes. It is Fairfax Counties responsibility to staff and fund a fire department. There have been other volunteer stations that could not come up with the funds to purchase a new fire truck and the county has stepped up and bought a new one in every one of those situations. The county has so much money that they bought 2 brand new engines for the fire academy.

Please save your money and use it for you and your family. You already pay county taxes and that is sufficient to fund and staff a fire department in Fairfax.

Posted by: Buckseed Fire Chief ()
Date: October 01, 2020 07:17AM

Bunch of horse sheet. My town in Buttfuck Buckseed County makes due with our 1953 Ford fire truck. Elroy our mechanic keeps it in tip-top shape.

Posted by: Back Step Boy ()
Date: October 01, 2020 10:51AM

The volunteers aren't allowed to actually ride any more in Fairfax. They pretty much run bingo and just have meetings now and once in a while ride 3rd on the bus.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.