HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Quesions for FCPS, taxpayers
Posted by: BefuddledEssentialWorker ()
Date: August 22, 2020 11:23AM

I am so confused at how FCPS can allow teachers to continue to get paid for not doing the job they were hired to do? And continue to get paid...?

How can taxpayers continue to pay FCPS staff for not working yet are are being cut employer retirement matching and raises discontinued indefinitely....?

why are county employees so extra?...especially when frontline workers from day one showed up without a safety plan in place? Workers quit when they were afraid...why doesn't county just tell teachers to quit? i'd bet that if they weren't getting paid, there would be alot more willing to do the job they were hired to do in the classroom.

Equally perplexing is teachers argument that they fear bringing infection into their home...newsflash ---- essential workers have been dealing with this since day one.

What makes you all so extra? honestly I am not trying to cause a problem...I just feel like I'm in twilight zone where rules don't apply equally PLUS THEY GET AWAY WITH IT. What am I missing as a very hardworking Fairfax County taxpayer who is well over 60 (with risk factors) working ON the frontline since day ONE not missing one day of work yet being cut employer benefits while teachers refuse to work yet still get full paycheck and full fancy benefits.

When will taxpayers say enough is enough...that the people we pay are getting much better treatment than we are?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Quesions for FCPS, taxpayers
Posted by: BingoBongoTakeMeToTheCongo ()
Date: August 22, 2020 02:35PM

The problem is the FCPS is full of niggers and spics living in over crowded houses and the majority of the COIVD cases come from them.

That said, the teachers need to nut up and do their damn jobs. Always told how important and essential they are. Well now when parents realize how much more they can teach their kids on their own it will be great. Sure the poor people will suffer, but fuck'em. They were going to be fucked because they're poor to begin with.

Posted by: Dick Trickle ()
Date: August 22, 2020 02:48PM

Confused? Right.

Wait til the libtards hit full stride. You might even get "frustrated" or even "miffed". But none of it is enough for the people of Fairfax to do anything other than keep voting for the same shit.

Posted by: BingoBongoTakeMeToTheCongo ()
Date: August 22, 2020 03:42PM

I've voted Red my whole life and it's not going to make an ounce of difference in Fairfax County. You know why? Because too many people full of white guilt think that their best hope is to give the world over to people like Ken Plum so they can feel "proud" and "woke"

Posted by: FCPS maintenance man ()
Date: August 22, 2020 04:13PM

I have 33 years in with FCPS I was going to go ahead and retire this summer but I put that on hold because we have been on two day work week since March. Not only am I getting my regular 40 hour a week pay but I am getting hazard pay for the two days that I come into work. I wold like to thank all the taxpayers for taking such good care of us.

Posted by: Essential ()
Date: August 22, 2020 07:21PM

Interesting that the ridiculous drug selling posts come when there is a real post...that makes teachers, county workers uncomfortable. Could be coincidental ...but it sure doesn't seem so.

Posted by: Shiftless Teachers ()
Date: August 23, 2020 08:27PM

Public school teachers sure are extra! OK for everyone else to do their jobs as essential workers but they can't even do it after being excused since mid spring. Shameful!

Posted by: Middle class taxpayer ()
Date: September 27, 2020 02:58PM

i DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE TEACHERS NOT WORKING AND GETTING PAID, BUT IF THEY WERE NOT DOING WORK, THEY SHOULD NOT BE PAID. BUT I DO KNOW THAT I HAVE BEEN WORKING AS A FRONT LINE WORKER FOR THE FAIRFAX COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT FOR 7 OR 8 MONTHS NOW. I HAVE WORKED, SOMETIMES 12 HOURS STRAIGHT WITH A TWO HOUR BREAK AND CALLED BACK IN TO STOP AN OUTBREAK OF COVID-19 IN NURSING HOMES. MANY OF THE OTHER COUNTY AND HEALTH DEPARTMENT WORKERS WERE AT HOME EITHER ON PANDEMIC PAY OR TELEWORKING, BUT A FEW OF US HAVE CARRIED THE COUNTY THROUGH THE EMERGENCY AND FAIRFAX COUNTY HAS YET TO COMPENSATE WITH FRONTLINE PAY OR TIME. SO I THINK FAIRFAX COUNTY SHOULD GIVE FRONTLINE PAY OR TIME EQUAL TO THE TIME EACH PERSON HAS WORKED IN A FRONTLINE ROLE. THE BOWRD OF SUPERVISORS AND LEADERSHIP IN THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT AND FAIRFAX COUNTY HAVE TURNED THEIR BACKS ON US.

Posted by: Your English teacher ()
Date: September 27, 2020 03:46PM

Middle class taxpayer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE TEACHERS NOT WORKING AND
> GETTING PAID, BUT IF THEY WERE NOT DOING WORK,
> THEY SHOULD NOT BE PAID. BUT I DO KNOW THAT I
> HAVE BEEN WORKING AS A FRONT LINE WORKER FOR THE
> FAIRFAX COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT FOR 7 OR 8 MONTHS
> NOW. I HAVE WORKED, SOMETIMES 12 HOURS STRAIGHT
> WITH A TWO HOUR BREAK AND CALLED BACK IN TO STOP
> AN OUTBREAK OF COVID-19 IN NURSING HOMES. MANY OF
> THE OTHER COUNTY AND HEALTH DEPARTMENT WORKERS
> WERE AT HOME EITHER ON PANDEMIC PAY OR
> TELEWORKING, BUT A FEW OF US HAVE CARRIED THE
> COUNTY THROUGH THE EMERGENCY AND FAIRFAX COUNTY
> HAS YET TO COMPENSATE WITH FRONTLINE PAY OR TIME.
> SO I THINK FAIRFAX COUNTY SHOULD GIVE FRONTLINE
> PAY OR TIME EQUAL TO THE TIME EACH PERSON HAS
> WORKED IN A FRONTLINE ROLE. THE BOWRD OF
> SUPERVISORS AND LEADERSHIP IN THE HEALTH
> DEPARTMENT AND FAIRFAX COUNTY HAVE TURNED THEIR
> BACKS ON US.

Jesus! Were you "educated" by FCPS?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.