HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
hang out
Posted by: aceman ()
Date: April 18, 2007 01:00PM

wheres a good place for me to go if i want to and have just sit down hang out and have a bottle of cold brew?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: hang out
Posted by: 496 ()
Date: April 18, 2007 02:05PM

Are you Mariokart?

Posted by: acemanno, someone please let me know ()
Date: April 18, 2007 06:49PM

no, someone please let me know right away i want to go out and get my drink on

Posted by: Dennis. ()
Date: April 19, 2007 10:54AM

there is this place called 7eleven you take your mom there , have her show them her id and you can get your "drink on" with some natty light

Posted by: stacks ()
Date: April 19, 2007 11:01AM

try border cafe in centreville

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: April 19, 2007 11:46AM

does border play loud music every night? I wanted to try the place out, but it seemed like they had some awful cover band blasting a shitty verion of "little red corvette".. talk about an appetite killer.

Posted by: TINFFX ()
Date: April 19, 2007 11:54AM

Border's sucks, But Andre Fox can sing his ass off (and he plays that version of little red corvette). If I recall correctly, he plays acoustic on friday nights there. It is not very loud. Honestly, I don't really go there because it kind of sucks

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: April 19, 2007 12:03PM

some awful cover band blasting a shitty verion of "little red corvette"..
talk about an appetite killer.

LOL. Thanks for steering me clear of this place.

Date: April 19, 2007 12:07PM

they don't have shitty music every night and when its warm you can chill outside by the lake. also, cafe martini is a good spot to chill and they've got great sushi if you're into that.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: April 19, 2007 12:16PM

I mean no disrespect. What one man anjoys will not always be what another man enjoys.

But this version of little red corvette... just an abomination. His voice is actually excellent on other stuff, I am sure, but his delivery on that song was cheesy and his back-up singers were chiming in far too often, and they do not compliment him well on that song. I would describe the performace as awkward.

He ends each spoken line in a very abrupt way that removes a key element of the song.. the sensuality. That was not presetn at all.

And as for the noise level? For a place that small MOST normal PA db levels are too loud and distorted; I prefer a softer tone to the soundsystem in a place like that.

He didn't help himself by standing too close to the mike- the pa was picking up distortion off the damn thing like crazy. So whoever does his tech? Total garbage. And he needs to learn to give that mike some space.

Oh I wanted to mention why I ranted about this, besides being two sheets (I work graveyard shift so it's my evening right now and all, lol). My main point is that I want to go to dinner with someone, and I want to talk to them and be able to understand what they say. I enjoy a live band as much as the next guy, but a little respect. I shouldn't have to accomodate his sorry ass if I prefer to eat the food at the place, by picking another night to go. He should just turn the fucking volume down from the get-go so I and the many others like me can eat in peace. Having been in a few bands, I can testify it is still possible to get your musical point across at a lower decibel.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2007 12:22PM by RESton Peace.

Date: April 19, 2007 01:22PM

i completely agree that most places around here pump the music up way too loud. if i wanted to go hear some music...i'd go to a concert

Posted by: Enough already ()
Date: September 06, 2020 07:05PM

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.