HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Another Woodson student? (Cameron Kilby)
Posted by: BraddockDistrict ()
Date: August 06, 2012 04:07PM

I found a post on DeviantArt from two days ago -- but then got the email from Jeff Yost:

http://starkiller7.deviantart.com/

Sent: Monday, August 06, 2012 4:00 PM
Subject: Sad News for the Woodson Community

(Sent By Jeff Yost)
Dear Parents and Guardians,

It is with great sadness that I have to share with you that one of our students, Cameron Kilby (Grade 10), died unexpectedly this past weekend. This is tragic news for all of us but especially for the family of the student.

At times such as these, it is important for everyone to be informed and to have some time to express thoughts and feelings. We encourage anyone who needs support to contact the school at 703-503-4600 to take advantage of crisis team support. Team members (school psychologists and social workers) will be available this week, from 9am to 3pm, to speak to students and parents. We anticipate that some students may need continuing support for a while to help them with the feelings such a loss produces. We know that events such as this are stressful. We are taking every step we can to be responsive to the needs of our students and their families. Keep us informed if there are ways we can support you.

-----About this E-mail-----

This e-mail has been sent to you by WOODSON HS. To maximize their communication with you, you may be receiving this e-mail in addition to a phone call with the same message. If you wish to discontinue this service, please inform WOODSON HS IN PERSON, by US MAIL, by TELEPHONE at (703) 503-4600 or REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another Woodson student? (Cameron Kilby)
Posted by: Braddock District 2 ()
Date: August 06, 2012 07:48PM

Suicide?

Posted by: Pyrophore ()
Date: August 06, 2012 08:39PM

Yes, it was a suicide. It is the second in 2 years.

Posted by: Sven Carlson ()
Date: August 06, 2012 09:54PM

no note. seemingly happy kid. summertime when bullying is potentially less of an issue. close relationship with siblings and family. post on DA is no giveaway either. statistics and profile say murder or accident cannot be ruled out so quickly. obviously i could be without all sorts of major facts but i would caution everyone against jumping to any conclusions other than this is a horrible tradjedy and we should all hug our kids tonight and anyone else we see too. life is tough, cruel and random. god has a plan for us all...

Posted by: Fu ()
Date: August 06, 2012 10:02PM

Sven Carlson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
"....i would caution everyone against jumping
to any conclusions...."

So he was a jumper? I hope it was the 95 SB bridge over the outerloop. Been waiting for years for someone to do that......

Its a joke. dont flame me. We all handle stress in different ways, this is how I handle my stress.

Posted by: Friend of Cameron ()
Date: August 07, 2012 12:14AM

Im sorry Fu, but thats just mean. I know you said not to flame you, but that kind of hurts my feelings that u said that. please, find a better way of relieving your stress. I cared for my best friend so please dont make jokes about his death. Thank you.

Posted by: Cav2014 ()
Date: August 07, 2012 07:00AM

Alright, who knows the details? Come on, someone knows and they're going to get posted here eventually. Stop trying to cover up and tell us how he did it!

Posted by: A Concerned Mom ()
Date: August 07, 2012 08:42AM

@Cav2014 - the details are no one's business and you have no right to demand to know them. Please re-read your post and take into consideration how his parents and brothers would feel if they read this. Have a little compassion.

@Fu - suicide is NEVER a joking matter. If you feel stressed by this please talk to someone that you trust but don't put "jokes" on the web. Remember that once you post something on the internet it is out there for eternity. Would you want your parents to read something so blatantly mean about you? I doubt it.

Posted by: Joe B. ()
Date: August 07, 2012 08:48AM

Pyrophore Wrote:
> Yes, it was a suicide. It is the second in 2
> years.

She killed herself twice? Twice as sad.

Posted by: busy ()
Date: August 07, 2012 08:51AM

Does it really matter what the details are. It is so very sad. So sorry to his family and friends for their loss.

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This is a statement to anyone who is thinking that suicide is the answer.

To be young is to not fully understand we live in a BIG world and problems go away and move on with time. As a teen your world is so small right now. Live each day and enjoy YOLO.

This advice comes from someone who at one time as a teen thought things could never get better....THEY DO ...I PROMISE. Always reach out to someone if you are thinking about ending your troubles through suicide.

1-877-YOUTHLINE
1-877-968-8454
Youth America Hotline - Counseling for Teens by Teens

I hope out of respect...this feed will not spread rumors and bad thoughts and details about the family's loss. Respect their privacy please.

Posted by: misfitkid ()
Date: August 07, 2012 10:53AM

FU - What an appropriate acronym! That's exactly what I say to you! How anyone can post such a thing is unconscionable. Don't embarrass yourself further by claiming it's how you "relieve stress". You are just a loser who has nothing better to do than post evil remarks about the loss of an innocent CHILD. How shameful and callous.

Posted by: misfitkid ()
Date: August 07, 2012 11:08AM

Joe B. Wrote:
> Pyrophore Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Yes, it was a suicide. It is the second in 2
> > years.
>
> She killed herself twice? Twice as sad.

Joe B. - Another loser. I came to this site because I have kids that attend Woodson. I cannot believe the crap that I am reading on this thread!! I am ashamed that my so-called fellow Americans are behaving in such a sub-human way. I pity the people who are in your life.

I'm done with the Fairfax Underground. Besides, bottom-feeders prefer to slither around with snakes like themselves. This misfitkid will NOT fit in.

Posted by: CBYK ()
Date: August 07, 2012 11:14AM

misfitkid Wrote:
> Joe B. Wrote:
> -----
> > Pyrophore Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Yes, it was a suicide. It is the second in 2
> > > years.
> >
> > She killed herself twice? Twice as sad.
>
>
> Joe B. - Another loser. I came to this site
> because I have kids that attend Woodson. I cannot
> believe the crap that I am reading on this
> thread!! I am ashamed that my so-called fellow
> Americans are behaving in such a sub-human way. I
> pity the people who are in your life.
>
> I'm done with the Fairfax Underground. Besides,
> bottom-feeders prefer to slither around with
> snakes like themselves. This misfitkid will NOT
> fit in.

Quit your bitching

Posted by: Pyrophore ()
Date: August 07, 2012 11:47AM

Dear Ass- Joe B.

It's the second at Woodson and there is nothing cute about your comments. Keep them to yourself. Jerk.

Posted by: Third eye for the dead guy ()
Date: August 07, 2012 12:12PM

I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend!

Posted by: Get Real ()
Date: August 07, 2012 01:48PM

misfitkid Wrote:
> I came to this site
> because I have kids that attend Woodson.

You and thousands of others. Seeking answers to the usual questions:

Who?
How?
Where?
What?
Why?
When?

The fact that some posters may show their grief by writing about the child becoming worm food, or trying to make a connection to other suicides, is normal.
Don't try to repress them. It's like trying to put toothpaste back in a tube: it will just make a bigger mess.

Posted by: alterego_55 ()
Date: August 07, 2012 02:35PM

this is a very unfortunate and stressful situation. I lost a loved one years ago and its not fun in any way. everyone will deal differently and it may get ugly at time as per these posts. lets just keep talking and try to respect each other and most importantly the family.

Posted by: 1098 ()
Date: August 07, 2012 03:39PM

I know this is a sensitive subject, but I knew Cameron and I want to know how he died. Can someone please tell me?

Posted by: u489326494 ()
Date: August 07, 2012 04:27PM

on facebook it is said he hung himself in a park by the truro trails and that there was no note
i feel that the death is suspicious

Posted by: 411 ()
Date: August 07, 2012 06:33PM

1098 Wrote:
> I know this is a sensitive subject, but I knew
> Cameron and I want to know how he died. Can
> someone please tell me?

If you really knew him, you'd already know everything. I'm not going into details here.

Posted by: Navyforever ()
Date: August 07, 2012 07:25PM

If this forum is reviewed in anyway or you can remove posts please do so. This family is one of our country's finest and lost a son. Please do not ask for details, please respect their privacy. Please end this conversation regarding the matter.

Posted by: @Navyforever ()
Date: August 07, 2012 08:09PM

@ Navyforever,
Mocking the deceased is a sick sport common on Fairfax Underground (most recently with the Burke Target suicide.) Any request to remove the offending posts will be met with further derisive posts, and won't be removed. Suggest you advise family and friends NOT to google the name of the deceased, and NOT to post on this forum. Such actions always lead to further heartache around here.

Awful as it is, I speak from personal experience, having had a lost loved one treated similarly on this forum. FCPD warned us not to google - they were right: don't feed internet trolls. It always ends badly.

Condolences for the family's loss.

Posted by: BB*X ()
Date: August 08, 2012 08:49AM

"This family is one of our country's finest..."

Really? I'm not saying they aren't a fine family but what elevates them to "one of our country's finest" status? A tragedy struck the family but they are no different than any other family that has lost a loved one to suicide.

Posted by: Concerned for Our Kids ()
Date: August 08, 2012 11:27AM

Perhaps we should spend less time joking abt the possibility that this child committed suicide (information will come out from reliable sources, eventually. Even if you get an answer here, you have NO reason to believe it.), and more time asking ourselves how we have gone so far wrong that an increasing number of our children consider violence towards themselves or others an acceptable outlet for their pain, fear or frustration. Because regardless of how this boy died, THAT is a question worth asking and worth trying to change. I would start by suggesting to anyone who would make jokes about the death of a child on a public forum where anyone, including children and friends & family of the child who died could read it, that they seek psychological help for their extreme selfishness and disturbing lack of empathy & compassion.

To any Woodson students or friends of Cameron's, I would strongly suggest you talk to your family, school counselors or some trusted adult in your life, rather than thoughtless, insensitive and cruel strangers on a chat forum. What you need and want is love, compassion, reassurance and reliable information and you will find none of that here.

Posted by: Sir cries a lot ()
Date: August 08, 2012 12:09PM

Wahhh wahhh . Ignore ffxu, mourn with friends and fam and move on with your lives. This thread is pretty tame compared to others. The more you post on here crying about trolls and trying to use it diagnose some problem with society crap is only going to get you trolled harder. For fucks sake. You touch an electric fence and get shocked, you usually dont touch it again...same applies here.

Worm food...we all will be someday. Hopefully you before me.

Posted by: Salute ()
Date: August 08, 2012 12:12PM

BB*X Wrote:
> "This family is one of our country's finest..."
>
> Really? I'm not saying they aren't a fine family
> but what elevates them to "one of our country's
> finest" status? A tragedy struck the family but
> they are no different than any other family that
> has lost a loved one to suicide.

They are heroes and an inspiration to us all! Barf would the suicide not matter if it were an average family?

Posted by: FamilyFriend ()
Date: August 08, 2012 12:46PM

Friends and Family, please disregard and steer clear of this forum. I am sure many like me have crossed it due simply to google to try to get the correct memorial information.

This site is a poor forum with disgusting presence. Aside from some friends and family trying desperately to protect the family you will not find anything good here and our teens have no business finding it.

Thank you above for: To any Woodson students or friends of Cameron's, I would strongly suggest you talk to your family, school counselors or some trusted adult in your life, rather than thoughtless, insensitive and cruel strangers on a chat forum. What you need and want is love, compassion, reassurance and reliable information and you will find none of that here.

Please steer clear of this forum and advise your children the same. Rest in peace Cameron. You were loved.

Posted by: Afriend ()
Date: August 08, 2012 01:29PM

he waz a great friend u guyz are such insensitive bastards. i'm cryin now thanks to you, how would you like it if this wuz one of YOUR friends. This blog is crap!!!! y do u think dat is funny fuck u if u dont know her because YOU DONT PEACE OUT

Posted by: suicide data ()
Date: August 08, 2012 01:52PM

From 2005 through 2009, in Fairfax County there were 22 suicide deaths to youths ages 10-19 for a 5-year rate of 3.23 per 100,000 population.

I had to combine 5 years of data to have sufficient numbers to produce a reliable rate. As such, I cannot give you year by year data for this age group when it is limited to just Fairfax County.

Above is a response I received back in 2011 on suicide rates in Fairfax County.

Is this number accurate?

Does anyone have data?

Posted by: An Acquaintance ()
Date: August 08, 2012 08:59PM

I've heard a lot of rumors about this very sad death, and some of them are just cruel so I would like to clarify what seems to be the case so far.

A friend of mine is neighbors with the family, and this friend explained the scene to me. Their street was full of officers and emergency vehicles for hours.

He was found hanging on a playground structure on a Truro area walking trail. Whether he actually *hung* himself seems to be unclear as of yet.

It is very tragic. I didn't know him well, but him and his twin brother were both in a class of mine at Woodson this past year. He always seemed to be a very happy kid, and he was very funny.

Rest In Peace.

Posted by: And the Worms Ate into His Brain ()
Date: August 08, 2012 09:04PM

obligatory
Attachments:
red-wriggler-worms.jpg

Posted by: Samson ()
Date: August 08, 2012 09:52PM

t

Posted by: Kt96 ()
Date: August 09, 2012 12:15AM

It's such a horrible and sad thing to happen. I feel very bad for everyone who loved him and got left behind. Does anyone know one of his parent's names?

Posted by: Kt96 ()
Date: August 09, 2012 12:15AM

It's such a horrible and sad thing to happen. I feel very bad for everyone who loved him and got left behind. Does anyone know one of his parent's names?

Posted by: FamilyFriend ()
Date: August 09, 2012 01:17PM

FAMILY/FRIENDS, please DO NOT add in comments to this forum, even in defense of the Kilbys. Please leave this site.

DO NOT give any information about this family, parents, names, or other children or the hearsay about the incident.

Let this loop end here.

Posted by: ConcernedAquaintence ()
Date: August 09, 2012 01:19PM

The family has expressed their wishes to keep details of their son's passing private.
I ask that people stop posting cruel comments. You do not know him nor anything about the tragedy.

Posted by: Mamagone ()
Date: August 09, 2012 02:00PM

What an idiot! Didn't Cameron know that 100% of suicides result in death?

Be blessed!!

Posted by: classmate ()
Date: August 09, 2012 02:26PM

yea it was. he was a good kid he will be missed by people

Posted by: Missed by people ()
Date: August 09, 2012 02:33PM

classmate Wrote:
> yea it was. he was a good kid he will be missed
> by people

His dog, on the other hand, wont give a shit!!

Posted by: carol ()
Date: August 09, 2012 02:40PM

The kids at Woodson are a whole different type of breed. I know that from experience - My child had gone to Falls Church and Woodson - Kids at Falls Church are more chill as well as the teachers. Woodson is way more demanding and just expect more. It's actually kinda sad. My child came home several times complaining of bullying and once got bit by a kid. I know there are two sides to a story but more money equals snotty kids and harder drugs etc...I know it's important that these kids prepare for college but if they are pressured to learn in an environment they feel uncomfortable in what do we do?

Posted by: not that unusual ()
Date: August 09, 2012 03:27PM

As a community we continue to be shocked by these teen suicides.

And yet, look no further than the County Youth Survey of 44,000 kids.

32% reponded that they have felt sad and hopeless at one point.

Nick Stuban

Josh Anderson

Alyssa Jupin

The list goes on and on....it's time we dealt with teen depression.

Posted by: TheKilbys_PleaseSayPrayersForThem ()
Date: August 09, 2012 04:32PM

Kt96 Wrote:
> It's such a horrible and sad thing to happen. I
> feel very bad for everyone who loved him and got
> left behind. Does anyone know one of his parent's
> names?

James and Ivy Kilby

Here is a picture of Cameron's dad:

Posted by: no one needs to know all of this. ()
Date: August 09, 2012 07:01PM

very uncool this last post.

Posted by: Ernie Iverson ()
Date: August 09, 2012 09:06PM

duh. this is the internet. do you know how it works? you must be at least 40 years old. trying watching the daniel pearl murder if you want to get a shocker. i didn't sleep right for weeks. makes this tragedy seem tame in comparison. of course its a tragedy and we all react in our own (and sometimes strange) ways. you stay out of bad neighborhoods because you are afraid of what you might find so stay off this website and leave it to the voyeurists and speculators and preditors. play with fire and you will get burned!

Posted by: Madeleine McGraw ()
Date: August 09, 2012 10:47PM

I was Cameron and Zach's babysitter when they were young, they were great kids. Always have been. They loved Batman and card games and hanging out like normal boys. I suffered from hereditary depression and bullying when I went to Woodson too, I feel like if I had known he was in the same place I was I could have told him that it gets better. Because it does. Email me if any of you need to talk as well. I'm a Therapy student at GMU.
Please keep him and his family in your prayers/thought/hearts.
I will be putting up a painting in his memory in the art building on campus.
Thank you

Posted by: still... ()
Date: August 09, 2012 10:50PM

Ernie Iverson Wrote:
> duh. this is the internet. do you know how it
> works? you must be at least 40 years old. trying
> watching the daniel pearl murder if you want to
> get a shocker. i didn't sleep right for weeks.
> makes this tragedy seem tame in comparison. of
> course its a tragedy and we all react in our own
> (and sometimes strange) ways. you stay out of bad
> neighborhoods because you are afraid of what you
> might find so stay off this website and leave it
> to the voyeurists and speculators and preditors.
> play with fire and you will get burned!

...a very uncool post.

Posted by: Therapist ()
Date: August 10, 2012 07:45AM

Madeleine McGraw Wrote:
> I was Cameron and Zach's babysitter when they were
> young, they were great kids. Always have been.
> They loved Batman and card games and hanging out
> like normal boys. I suffered from hereditary
> depression and bullying when I went to Woodson
> too, I feel like if I had known he was in the same
> place I was I could have told him that it gets
> better. Because it does. Email me if any of you
> need to talk as well. I'm a Therapy student at
> GMU.
> Please keep him and his family in your
> prayers/thought/hearts.
> I will be putting up a painting in his memory in
> the art building on campus.
> Thank you

So you're saying that he was bullied and suffered from hereditary depression? Do tell.

Posted by: Dee Christian ()
Date: August 10, 2012 08:22PM

I went to school with Cam in 8th grade and even though we weren't good friends then, this is still one of the worst news I have heard in a long time. Who ever was bullying him should be seriously ashamed of themselves to push someone so over the edge. Cameron, the Kempsville kids miss you.

Posted by: Jordan Marie ()
Date: August 10, 2012 08:26PM

I have never been close to Cameron but i was friends with his brother Zach. I only knew them for 2 years until they moved In the summer of 2011. I hate how I wasn't close to him and I hate how I just found out a classmate of mine just committed suicide. Cameron was nice and he always had a smile on his face. Prayers for the Kilby's. At least I know Cameron is in a better place.

Posted by: Shesha ()
Date: August 12, 2012 08:53AM

Suicide is always tragic, but I think it's wrong to assume that bullying is what drove him to it. Bullying is the go to excuse for everything these days.

Posted by: Deniece ()
Date: August 12, 2012 04:34PM

Than do that with your friends NOT on a pubic forum where his friends, family, and community can see it. Most of my family handles our grief through inappropriate humor but we do it in an appropriate setting with our loved ones not on the internet.

Posted by: Duhh ()
Date: August 12, 2012 07:44PM

I love how just because one handles their "grief through inappropriate humor" in private thats the only way others are allowed to handle theirs. Maybe some handle their grief through inappropriate humor but dont have friends or family to talk to about it so they vent on here. Now they will hold it in and it will bother them so much they will off themselves like Cameron did, just because Deniece said they couldnt handle their grief the only way they knew how or could.

I hope the next kid who turns himself into wormfood thanks Deniece in their suicide note.

Posted by: Kate Priest ()
Date: August 13, 2012 04:07PM

Cameron was in my science class in 8th grade & we actually became pretty close that year. after he moved we didn't talk but when i found out about his death i felt sooooooo bad. cameron was such a happy kid, always making jokes & being the funny guy. even if he doesn't go to kempsville anymore, he is still our family & will be missed soo much. rest in peace cameron, we love you <3

Posted by: Devout Christian ()
Date: August 13, 2012 04:10PM

Sorry hunny, suicide is a sin. He isn't in peace or resting for he is in hell. It's the sad truth of the matter :(

Posted by: Devout Christian is an asshole ()
Date: August 13, 2012 04:12PM

I hope you rot in hell.

Posted by: Que? ()
Date: August 13, 2012 04:25PM

I'll first say that it's tragic anytime someone goes so young, regardless of the circumstances. I'd say blah blah blah, family is in our thoughts, blah blah blah, but that's a given for any sane, decent human being.

What is funny though is that "bullying" alone is being blamed for suicides, suicide attempts, depressions, etc, etc, etc. As if the person being bullied doesn't have anything to do with it. As if the person being bullied can't pop somebody in the jaw the next time it happens. As if bullying is this all powerful force that leaves the bullied helpless.

Actually, I'm sorta convinced that a parent saying "Johnny was bullied at school and that's why he killed himself", is just a facade for "I'm a horrible fucking parent and I should have played a more active role in my kids life".

Bullying isn't fucking new. It's been going on for decades. Everyone gets bullied at some point. Some people get bullied a lot. Yeah, it hurts, but like someone else said, IT'S TEMPORARY. It's the parents job to find out what's going on in their kids life. Why is the kid withdrawn? Why don't they want to do the things they used to enjoy? You know, actually pay some attention and pick up on some warning signs that will always be there when a kid is in trouble, instead of working all the time, burying their pathetic face in their iPad in between football games/trips to the salon/trips to the gym/trips to starbucks/etc, and just generally being a self absorbed piece of shit.

The onus lies with the parents, ALWAYS. Get off the "Bullying drove him/her to do this/that". Bullshit. There's a whole lot of mileage between someone teasing you or even physically abusing you at school, and going and hanging yourself on the playground. Something else was going on there and it was the parents job to recognize it and intervene.

I'm not saying that this is exactly how the scenario with this kid played out, but that seems to be the way a lot of people are painting it.

Parents. Parents. Parents.

OMG, and mayb if u didnt talk lyk this ppl wld take u more srsly...lolz.

The youth of today. Man, we're fucked when it's time for them to take the reigns.

Posted by: Lydia ()
Date: August 13, 2012 06:10PM

Devout Christian - ya think I could get into heaven for sucking Jesus' dick? I'm really good

Que? - Enlighten us with more of your garbag...err...interesting thoughts? You are...what...12? Misspellings, bad grammar, young, immature thought process, idiotic and uneducated theories...you are just full of lame...err...fascinating details!

Posted by: Look in the mirror Lydia ()
Date: August 13, 2012 06:15PM

Lydia Wrote:
> "ya think I could get into heaven for sucking Jesus' dick? I'm really good""

> "Enlighten us with more of your garbag..."

You write this while criticizing others for poor spelling and immature thoughts?

Posted by: Jumping to conclusions ()
Date: August 13, 2012 08:03PM

There sure is a lot of speculation of what happened, none of which has been confirmed. Someone mentioned suicide, so of course that's what happened. Someone mentioned bullying, so obviously he was bullied. The point is that a beautiful child of God died tragically. We will never know any more than that. And because he was a child of God and a Christian, he will live forever in the kingdom of heaven, with God, who loves him. May we all be as fortunate when our time comes.

Posted by: Tough One ()
Date: August 13, 2012 08:12PM

I am sorry for family and friends of this young man. There are some folks here spewimg nonsense, that is their right. However one day when they lose a close friend or family member, they will realize how wrong they are.

Date: August 13, 2012 08:24PM

Lydia - Hello, Pot.

You sound like a fatbody who was bullied throughout school. Virgin until your brothers friend got drunk enough that you looked <250? That was what, mid-twenties? Spent a lot of time in your room, playing WoW and cutting yourself? Medicine cabinet full of anti-depressants? Blamed it on everyone else? Never made an effort to break the cycle?

Oh noes...lolz...I'm being a cyber bully!

You stupid, bitter, sloppy cunt...I'd love to hear what's spelled incorrectly in my previous post.

Oh, and I have no doubt you suck excellent dick. Fat girls love putting things in their mouth and it's normally the only way they're able to satisfy a member of the opposite sex.

Date: August 13, 2012 08:30PM

So if I'm not a Christian or don't believe in your God, I can't get into magic-happy land to bask in the love of Hay-Zeus for all eternity? I can be a great, humble, charitable person my entire life, yet if I don't believe in Jesus I'm screwed?

Have you any idea how that sounds? Your god sounds much more like a dictator...

Posted by: Jumping to conclusions ()
Date: August 13, 2012 10:33PM

I was merely stating that regardless of how he died, as a Christian, he would have believed that Jesus died for his sins, and therefore would be accepted into Heaven. Even if he had purposefully killed himself. I am not saying that applies to anyone other than Cameron.

Posted by: excuse you ()
Date: August 20, 2012 01:17AM

To Que?
Wll excuse you for blaming the parents for their child's suicide, as well as assuming they blamed it on "bullying." Not sure where you're getting your information because you are wildly misinformed.
I actually happen to know the family very well and I assure you that not only did they NEVER blame their child's death on bullying, and that they are some of the most selfless people in the United States of America. They're down-to-earth, tremendously involved parents that love all their kids deeply. As shown earlier in this thread, the father is a high-ranking officer in the Navy who had not even been recently deployed (in the past few years) so that is not what is to blame in this unfortunate death.
He was a very energetic, considerate, happy-go-lucky kid and this comes as an extreme shock to everyone who knows him,
I'm sure everyone whould appreciate if you stopped making incorrect assumptions. You obviously didn't know him anyway.

Thank you.

Posted by: not buying it ()
Date: August 20, 2012 10:12AM

I am not here to blame the parents or bullying but a kid doesn't decide to kill themselves overnight.

The symptoms of depression were there but they were ignored or weren't visible. I find it hard to believe that noone in Cameron's circle wasn't aware of problems he was having.

This is very sad but suicide is preventable-- if people are paying attention to kids.

Posted by: WoodonSurviver 2008-2012 ()
Date: August 24, 2012 11:41PM

Sucks bros..Try not to hate all the time, because in an instant, you or a loved one could be gone

Date: August 25, 2012 12:27AM

Excuse you...

Please work on your command of the English language before coming at me again...

Where did I come up with bullying? Have you read this thread? I'm going with the information available.

As far as the parents, well, kids don't get depressed and kill themselves for no reason, nor is this usually a spur of the moment decision. I don't think a 10th grader is slick enough to throw everyone off, put on a happy face and hide depression/suicidal thoughts. There will be signs. Parents were either too dense, weren't around, or too wrapped up in themselves to find out what was really going on in their kids life.

Granted, I'm painting with broad strokes, but these things normally follow a familiar pattern.

I'm sure the parents are devastated. I'm not saying there was deliberate neglect on their part. What I am saying is that parents need to pull their head of their asses and organize their priorities. They need to be up in their kids business. NOt worry about being a friend and actually be a ball-busting parent sometimes.

Again, it's terrible to lose someone way before their time. However, If people could see beyond their own nose and actually involve themselves in the lives of loved ones, some of these things could be prevented

Posted by: RK ()
Date: August 27, 2012 05:11AM

of any one knows anything about why or about the place i would like to know i was really good friends with him and close friends with hos brother that would be great thank you

Posted by: a friend ()
Date: September 01, 2012 01:45AM

Even though I just met cameron tis summer I feel as it I got to. know him and his brother we used to mees around at the pool and play basketball allmost every day I remember him his brother and I talked for hours it seemed liike one day. I allso remember we used to go to take hot showers in the truro batherooms because we where so cold after swim practice. My my strongest memory of cameron is when I brought chipotle to the pool and left it out on the table when I went to use the bathroom and when I got beck cameron had eaten all of my food I really do miss him.

Posted by: WESAWIT ()
Date: September 01, 2012 04:16AM

We saw it. Kid was swinging from the monkey bars in the park. In the morning breeze. The lady that found him was very upset. She was screaming. I guess she knew him. My kids will always remember the sight of a dead guy in their park. Swollen and purple from the neck up. That selfish ass had to take a little bit of all of us. Thanks neighbor. Those stripes or your sleeves were more important than your own child.

Posted by: Duh? ()
Date: September 03, 2012 06:00PM

Actually, no one saw it coming. And before you ever blame a parent again, have a kid and see how tough a job parenting is.

Posted by: TheNorthman ()
Date: September 03, 2012 06:04PM

edit format

I have you now.

Posted by: sad ()
Date: October 08, 2012 07:15PM

this is very sad

Posted by: hlkju ()
Date: October 08, 2012 07:18PM

yes and no about "how tough a job parenting is..." you simply do have to pay attention

Posted by: Westboro. ()
Date: October 08, 2012 07:21PM

AWWW Gordon is mad and is now bringing up former threads. Poor boy :( you crying about everyone making fun of you little boy. Sniff sniff. Grow a set pussy

Posted by: somethingswrong ()
Date: October 09, 2012 10:05PM

Now Bryan Glenn. something is wrong at Woodson. Prayers to each of these famlies and great sympathy for their loss.

We need to look very closely as to why we are having so many deaths from this high school...

Posted by: PETTRO ()
Date: October 10, 2012 02:05PM

I never witnessed fights at woodson or kids getting picked on. That is wierd to me.

Posted by: In Woodson District ()
Date: November 10, 2012 01:58PM

Que?,

You think you know what you are talking about, but you are WAY off base. Here's a little education for you and after you read this I hope you will kindly shut the fuck up.

Have you ever had a kid of yours bulled unmercifully by the PTA President's son? Did you not know about it because your athletic, handsome, smart, talented son tried unsuccessfully on his own to deal with it for months until he finally said "I just can't take it anymore!". I went straight to the teacher who couldn't' believe it was happening under his watch and promised to take care of it. He failed. Short of strangling the little bastard I went then to the counselor who brought both boys in and skillfully and carefully mediated their discussion. Would you believe that it STILL continued? That is it continued until I marched into the Principal's office and said if he ever laid a finger on my son again I would bring charges and there would be a restraining order as well. Secretly I wanted my son to beat the shit out of him behind the basketball court, but my son was following the laws of his school which had a no violence policy. He is a better citizen than I.

My son is not weak. He is resilient. He recovered. He has always stood up for the underdog - and the bullying he endured has made him a stronger, more compassionate person. He was not the prototypical kind of kid to be bullied (learning disabled, minority, gay, depressed) but he was new to the area and his self confidence didn't match the kid who had all of his friends since Kindergarten and was wildly popular at the school. His mother ran the PTA and this gave him a false sense of power. He thought that gave him the right to put down the new kid who was at that time vulnerable. He was immensely jealous of my son and wished deeply to lower his status. The bully was the mentally sick one who needed counselling for his low self esteem.

EVERYONE plays a role in the lives of children, not just parents. Teachers, coaches, scout leaders, clergy, parents, peers, etc. It will take a COMMUNITY effort and partnership to help the teens who are suffering because of a myriad of reasons. Perhaps you'd be surprised that some teen boys commit suicide at their first ever psychotic break of bi-polar disorder. No signs. Nothing. They literally act on impulse (like many teens do) and the result is fatal.

Some teens are clever at hiding their depression from everyone, even their loving, devoted, VERY CLOSE to them parents. How do I know? This happened to me as well. She hid it from her teachers - instead of going to lunch at Frost Middle School she went to the bathroom and cried. Instead of sleeping at night she cried in the darkness. NO SIGNS. Her Pediatric Psychiatrist who was treating her for learning disabilities missed it to - FOR ONE YEAR and nearly cried in apologizing to her and to me. She didn't want to "bother" me or "complain".

She has been treated and recovered. I moved her to a school that could better accommodate her learning disabilities.

BOTH of my kids are survivors and say that I saved their lives. So, yes, parents play a critical role. I'm here to tell you I was there by their side very step of the way and even used the teachers, counselors and professionals to no avail. What if, even given all of that either one of them would have made a fatal decision to end their life instead of enduring the pain any longer? Would you still blame me?

HOW DARE you blame parents only. We are a Nation, a State, a County, a neighborhood and a family.

We will partner to help ensure this doesn't happen to one more precious life in this High School. EVERYONE working together for the common good - in the best interests of OUR children. No one can do it alone - no one should be pointing fingers and blaming others when everyone should look in the mirror and ask themselves, "What am I doing to make sure this does not happen to one more teen?"

QUE?, I guess I should thank you for your ignorant posts here. You have put a fire in my belly to do something positive. I wonder how many others think like you do? If they do, they are adding to the problem. It is a HUGE problem, indeed.

Posted by: Aguyonline@2am ()
Date: April 25, 2013 02:18AM

To all the people posting rude comments such as FU and others, may the lord help you and your insanity, this was a living person who had friends and family who obviously care deeply about him. To post things of that nature is truly satanic. In regards to the family and close peers, our mind's souls are with you.

sincerely,
the guy on the couch

Posted by: 6PcJt ()
Date: April 25, 2013 07:36AM

In Woodson District Wrote:

>
>
> QUE?, I guess I should thank you for your ignorant
> posts here. You have put a fire in my belly to do
> something positive. I wonder how many others
> think like you do? If they do, they are adding to
> the problem. It is a HUGE problem, indeed.

Thank you for your contribution. I am a parent of 4th and 5th graders eventually going to Woodson. I saw a new post in this forum and thought 'not another one' but it was just a bump from a poster. Your post is excellent and useful. Ill be on guard with my kids because I can already see that young adults, my kids included, take much on their own shoulders and often the load is too much.

Posted by: In Woodson District ()
Date: April 25, 2013 10:45PM

6PcJt, Unfortunately, there was another Woodson student who ended his life. There have been three just this school year. Teens hide stuff - they are masters of disguise. They so badly want to be independent and deal with things on their own. Tragic endings - every one of them.

Posted by: We Demand Change (WDC) ()
Date: March 02, 2014 08:46AM

Long overdue for new leadership at Woodson. The School has created a failed climate that results in our children taking their lives. The School's leadership is a threat to the community and must not be allowed to continue to push this failed doctrine onto our kids. It is time for Woodson's leadership to accept responsibility. It is time for a culture change, which is best started at the top. Common thread is Woodson. Loyalty to leadership is the right thing to do if the leadership is sound, not so in the case. WE DEMAND CHANGE!!!!

Posted by: Concur ()
Date: March 03, 2014 06:39PM

Totally agree!!! New leadership will bring about change in the right direction. I listen to my kids and support them in every way I can. I am dealing with it but I feel sorry for some parents who don't have the time or resources to "deal with it."

Posted by: Morgan thorpe ()
Date: February 13, 2018 06:12AM

I love Cameron and his brother as did many people from Virginia Beach, I looked forward to going to art class with them in 8 th grade. When they had to move to the country, the sudden loss of my friends and other things threw me into a dark depression, I had only wished we could have been there for one another maybe things will be different.Cameron will always be with me and he and myself are a reminder that without guidence , not all kids survive growing up.i will always think of those brothers.

Posted by: fuckfcps ()
Date: May 29, 2020 01:32AM

woodosn and most fcps schools do nothing to help their student. they throw therapy dog sessions, and attempt to “help” students by making their lives harder. the amount of work they out of their students is not necessary, especially during hard times. like when a student kills themself. they make attempts to help which inevitably do the opposite.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.