HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
So What Will You Stockpile To Eat While We All Hole Up From The Corona Virus
Posted by: Oodles Of Noodles And Other Crap ()
Date: February 28, 2020 09:38PM

Cases of cheap Ramen soups bags of frozen veggies, frozen shrimp fish and chicken tenders to make my once a day Gen McChrystal main meal that's low fat and good enough for a couple weeks till it blows over plus canned Beefaroni and Ravioli Canned Albacore Tuna and chicken breast ,canned beans and veggies canned tomatoes for chili, Jalapenos ,canned chilis tortillas flour and corn El Banderita Ragu spaghetti sauce , spaghetti and dry beans and canned low salt black beans two types of rice sack of potatoes baking powder for biscuits canned milk frozen pork ribs and chops and pork loin roast , beef steaks and burger , salt and pepper Whostershire sauce Helmans and Duke mayo Grey Poupon mustard Frenchs mustard pickle relish cans of Castleberry Hot dog chili Bar J cheap hot dogs bun length New England rolls frozen Rhodes yeast rolls , cheap bottle of popcorn veggie oil olive oil pancake mix and real maple syrup packs of sausage bacon scrapple fresh and frozen Pam spray green tea cocoa spices and cinnamon

Flour sugar coffee half and a gallon of half two gallons of milk butters margarine Louisiana hot sauce limes and lemons garlic and loaves of bread frozen in the fridge plus case upon case of hobo beer and two quarts of Evan Williams green in case of last resort DAJAX Some how we'll get by and of course there's the big mean dog the claw hammer the shotgun and the beautiful old woman
Attachments:
IMG_4731.JPG

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: So What Will You Stockpile To Eat While We All Hole Up From The Corona Virus
Posted by: Prepper Dave ()
Date: February 28, 2020 10:40PM

Hot Pockets, Hawaiian Punch

Re: So What Will You Stockpile To Eat While We All Hole Up From The Corona Virus
Posted by: Dajax's sponsor ()
Date: February 29, 2020 12:02AM

Greetings, friend!

We have a meeting tonight, right near you.

Attachments:
Screenshot_2020-02-28-23-51-58-1.png

Posted by: Shlomo ()
Date: February 29, 2020 01:21AM

Attachments:
1563748458332.jpg

Posted by: Media Exec ()
Date: March 01, 2020 07:11AM

Our drumbeat of alarmism is working. Costco stores have run out of toilet paper, flour, rice, and other survival essentials.

Posted by: 7fdlm ()
Date: March 01, 2020 07:16AM

Relax folks. It's all scare tactics. Will anyone ever learn these people are making money off of the scare. It's why they do it. It's damn unethical.

Posted by: Sensible shopper ()
Date: March 01, 2020 08:37AM

7fdlm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Relax folks. It's all scare tactics. Will anyone
> ever learn these people are making money off of
> the scare. It's why they do it. It's damn
> unethical.

As long as you eventually use everything you purchase, what's the problem with buying a bunch of extra shit "just in case". Canned goods last years. Frozen foods can last a year. Toilet paper, paper towels, facial tissue, soaps and cleaners will last forever. Now if prices are artificially high, yes, that is fucked up. But if Costco is selling toilet paper at it's normal prices and they sell out and have to restock, there is no harm/no foul in that.

I'll admit, I have gone out the last couple of days and bought probably four times more than I normally would, and I will tell you why. It will eventually all get used. I had enough money to do it without neglecting other needs. And it will keep me from going to the store as frequently as I normally do. And if that provides some degree of protection, or even peace of mind, if the Corona Virus makes it way here and becomes an issue, I am fine with my choices.

Posted by: No panic buying ()
Date: March 01, 2020 08:56AM

What will I stock up on? Nothing.

I have lived through the swine flu scare, the herpes scare, SARS, H1N! and how many other epidemics that were going to take out half the world's population. I have plastic sheeting and duct tape from when Homeland Security was telling us that we needed to be able to shelter in place. I somehow survived the certain death that was going to happen when Obama was elected and when Trump was elected. I doubt this will be any different. If it is my standard hurricane supplies and the less perishable items in the pantry should easily last two weeks and could be stretched to last a month. If the worst does happen I've lived a long enough life, my kids are grown and they will get a nice pile of cash.

Bill.N.

Posted by: TV9JN ()
Date: March 01, 2020 11:33AM

Don't forget Y2K. I still have relatives trying to get rid of their Y2K stash.

So yes, of course, I have a standard emergency supply kit. But I have enough food in the house to last a couple of weeks if necessary.

Trust me, if things get so bad in Fairfax County that YOU are unable to buy food or water for weeks at a time... well, your survival problems are going to involve a whole hell of a lot more than food and water.

Posted by: chp6y ()
Date: March 01, 2020 12:08PM

Sensible shopper Wrote:
> 7fdlm Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Relax folks. It's all scare tactics. Will
> anyone
> > ever learn these people are making money off of
> > the scare. It's why they do it. It's damn
> > unethical.
>
>
> As long as you eventually use everything you
> purchase, what's the problem with buying a bunch
> of extra shit "just in case". Canned goods last
> years. Frozen foods can last a year. Toilet paper,
> paper towels, facial tissue, soaps and cleaners
> will last forever. Now if prices are artificially
> high, yes, that is fucked up. But if Costco is
> selling toilet paper at it's normal prices and
> they sell out and have to restock, there is no
> harm/no foul in that.
>
> I'll admit, I have gone out the last couple of
> days and bought probably four times more than I
> normally would, and I will tell you why. It will
> eventually all get used. I had enough money to do
> it without neglecting other needs. And it will
> keep me from going to the store as frequently as I
> normally do. And if that provides some degree of
> protection, or even peace of mind, if the Corona
> Virus makes it way here and becomes an issue, I am
> fine with my choices.

Are you really asking what's wrong with panic buying? It creates unnecessary scarcity and then that in turn exacerbates the situation and promotes more panic buying. I drink only bottled water and if I am making my monthly trip to buy bottled water and all of a sudden everyone is out because people are hoarding... that's a problem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panic_buying

Posted by: Fairfax BunkerHunky ()
Date: March 01, 2020 12:31PM

Bush Bean sandwiches or on crackers. Thats all you need.

Posted by: mountain house ()
Date: March 01, 2020 12:51PM

!
Attachments:
908_5084529314620243968_o.jpg

Posted by: Lesson For Libtards It Your Turn ()
Date: March 01, 2020 01:08PM

Panic buying and scalpers are the reason .22 long rifle ammunition was out of stock so long when Obama was president, every time he said "Gun" or "Assault Weapon" low rent fatties would be at Wal Mart's in the am just as they put some .22LR up and the fat ones pigged out to sell it on the internet at scalper rates

That's why four weeks ago I with my gun friendly friends bought tractor trailer loads filled with toilet paper N 95 masks alcohol wipes , disposable gloves , canned goods , and bottled water as paybacks are hell...You know who and you know who are the hoarders and scalpers

Posted by: Bunker Hunker ()
Date: March 01, 2020 01:16PM

Lesson For Libtards It Your Turn Wrote:
> Panic buying and scalpers are the reason .22 long
> rifle ammunition was out of stock so long when
> Obama was president, every time he said "Gun" or
> "Assault Weapon" low rent fatties would be at Wal
> Mart's in the am just as they put some .22LR up
> and the fat ones pigged out to sell it on the
> internet at scalper rates
>
> That's why four weeks ago I with my gun friendly
> friends bought tractor trailer loads filled with
> toilet paper N 95 masks alcohol wipes ,
> disposable gloves , canned goods , and bottled
> water as paybacks are hell...You know who and you
> know who are the hoarders and scalpers

Hear Hear

Posted by: Registered Democrat ()
Date: March 01, 2020 02:08PM

Will the weed supply dry up or be contaminated, that's all Im worried about I can beg or steal food then there always the dumpsters to dive into .Im sure Fairfax's shelters are full of steaks lobsters and skrimps somewhere I can get them with my EBT card as others will not be able to afford them , so if worst comes to worst I can still eat but MY WEED! OH NO MY WEED ! I GOTS TO HAVE MY WEED ! Hillary !! Bernie !! Please help

Posted by: WEED MUST COME FIRST ()
Date: March 01, 2020 02:09PM

FREE COLLEGE CAN WAIT !

Posted by: Sensible shopper ()
Date: March 01, 2020 03:00PM

chp6y Wrote:
> Sensible shopper Wrote:
> -----
> > 7fdlm Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Relax folks. It's all scare tactics. Will
> > anyone
> > > ever learn these people are making money off
> of
> > > the scare. It's why they do it. It's damn
> > > unethical.
> >
> >
> > As long as you eventually use everything you
> > purchase, what's the problem with buying a
> bunch
> > of extra shit "just in case". Canned goods last
> > years. Frozen foods can last a year. Toilet
> paper,
> > paper towels, facial tissue, soaps and cleaners
> > will last forever. Now if prices are
> artificially
> > high, yes, that is fucked up. But if Costco is
> > selling toilet paper at it's normal prices and
> > they sell out and have to restock, there is no
> > harm/no foul in that.
> >
> > I'll admit, I have gone out the last couple of
> > days and bought probably four times more than I
> > normally would, and I will tell you why. It
> will
> > eventually all get used. I had enough money to
> do
> > it without neglecting other needs. And it will
> > keep me from going to the store as frequently as
> I
> > normally do. And if that provides some degree
> of
> > protection, or even peace of mind, if the
> Corona
> > Virus makes it way here and becomes an issue, I
> am
> > fine with my choices.
>
> Are you really asking what's wrong with panic
> buying? It creates unnecessary scarcity and then
> that in turn exacerbates the situation and
> promotes more panic buying. I drink only bottled
> water and if I am making my monthly trip to buy
> bottled water and all of a sudden everyone is out
> because people are hoarding... that's a problem.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panic_buying

I said nothing about panic buying. I stated I have purchases a little more than I normally do. If you shop for bottled water once a month, you are doing nothing different than I did. I normally shop twice a week. I just shopped to have enough for a month. JUST LIKE YOU. That is not panic buying.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.