HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Any gyms in NoVA with 50+ meter swimming pools (not rec centers)
Posted by: Michael Phelps ()
Date: March 29, 2016 12:18AM

Anyone know of gyms with 50+ meter pools? They all seem to have 25 meter pools apart from rec centers, but the gyms at rec centers suck.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Any gyms in NoVA with 50+ meter swimming pools (not rec centers)
Posted by: b2899308@trbvn.com ()
Date: March 29, 2016 01:41AM

besides allowing niggers and asians in them, what sucks about them? the ones i use are beautiful. you just have to wash when you get out of the pool and then again when you get home.

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: March 29, 2016 07:44AM

The Rec Centers I have been to had the ability to run 50 meter lanes, but were set up for 25. Weight rooms can vary in quality from one to another.

I believe you can buy a pass that let's you use GMU's athletic facilities. They have a 50 meter competition pool.

Posted by: Water-wings ()
Date: March 29, 2016 08:10AM

If anyone were good enough to need a 50-meter pool, he or she would already know where to access one.

Posted by: nj6K3 ()
Date: March 29, 2016 08:56AM

Send a text to Katie Ledecky. I bet she knows where a 50-meter pool is...

Posted by: No Theres No 50 Meter Gym Pools ()
Date: March 29, 2016 12:08PM

GMU does have a pass for a year and its expensive . They were letting people buy a day pass but they stopped it.

Wilson Pool in DC is a nice new pool about 5 dollars a day and its a 50 meter pool where every one swims the 50 meter way, not across it at 25 yards.

For DC residents its free which by rights the FXCO Rec centers should be with the $$ Tax dollars people pay here and the FCPA 's high entrance fees.Due to a out dated FCPA policy that rec centers should pay for themselves without any general fund money, a policy that started with the FCPA when they were started in the 50's and trying to buy parkland in FXCO when people were saying there are trees every where why pay for parklands.

Want to see some really shitty locker rooms?? Go to FCPA Spring Hill Rec center and look at that s-hole. Even though they just did a multi million nice gym and indoor walking track and weight room addition. Filthy

And the same goes to the newest FCPA rec centers locker room at Cub Run, s-stained floor tiles.

The people that run these centers have never heard of a floor machine and some steel wool. Filthy as well. plus the broken lockers and know it all attitude of the staff. No wonder people are going elsewhere.

Date: March 29, 2016 12:15PM

Water-wings Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If anyone were good enough to need a 50-meter
> pool, he or she would already know where to access
> one.

I can out swim you, guaranteed. 1500 M freestyle in 16 minutes.

@No theres- Thanks, I will have to check GMU out

Posted by: @No theres ()
Date: March 29, 2016 12:45PM

The GMU facility is very nice, a very large long exercise machine area on the entry level, the pools are down stairs on the left a warm small pool with a hot tub, on the right a 50 meter full race Olympic competition pool with tall bleachers for race spectators, where all the lanes are deep.

Its called the Jim McKay Natatorium after the Fairfax owner of the same Chevy dealership. The pool is considered to be a bit cool for some swimmers, kept at a temp racing swimmers like. The locker rooms are down stairs.

Its also open the longest ,6am I think open the longest hours early am till past 10 pm. Students and staff go free, families of students got a discount, don't know if they still do that. The only down side is that the year pass is about 550 dollars and its only good for that one place. The FCPA rec pass is about the same but they do have 9 indoor pools. If you can stand the locker room filth in several of them as said and the broken 25 cent lockers, no padlocks, broken because they are always being broken in to and because no one there knows how to use a can of WD 40.

Posted by: Huh??? ()
Date: March 29, 2016 04:44PM

Hey, OP...I would definitely check out one of the area rec-centers...

Posted by: Bring Your Own Bleach Bottle ()
Date: March 29, 2016 05:01PM

If your going to a FCPA Rec Center, Better yet be prepared just like your riding Metro: As they said here on FXU you need to bring a Flashlight, Gas Mask, MRE's, Haz Mat suit, Fire Extinguisher and don't forget the Traffic Cones!

Date: March 29, 2016 05:10PM

Huh??? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey, OP...I would definitely check out one of the
> area rec-centers...

I'm pretty sure they all go across (25 Meters).

Posted by: @ No theres ()
Date: March 29, 2016 06:00PM

The only pool that is 50 meters long where you can swim the whole 50 is the Wilson pool in DC. GMU is 50 as well as others but they set them up for lap swim at 25 yards. http://app.dpr.dc.gov/dprmap/details.asp?cid=3

Pic is Wilson Pool in North West DC Near Wisconsin and near a Metro station. Tear it up with the freestyle champ.
Attachments:
WilsonPool.jpg

Posted by: Olympic sized ()
Date: March 29, 2016 06:04PM

Aren't the olympics done in 25m laps?

Posted by: Not Really ()
Date: March 29, 2016 07:17PM

They race 50 meters the long way. 50 meters a length just like the way Wilson Pool is set up in DC at Wilson High school..50 meters 100 meters 200 meters on and on.

Wilson High School.. DC has pools at High Schools.!. What about FCPS "Excellence"?? "World Class " Schools. Ha Ha Ha..LMAO! FCPS waste more then pools would even cost!

Posted by: 451F ()
Date: October 10, 2019 03:22PM

50+ meters? I would like to visit those big pools but the closest to me gym is pretty far actually. I bet workers who maintain these pools spend tons of their time to check it fully. Even a pool robotic cleaner, if used, helps you not that great because the pools are enormous.

Posted by: PDVXL ()
Date: October 10, 2019 05:42PM

that is too far to swim. I've had to get off a boat that was sinking and I didn't have to swim that far.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.