HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Report: Woman Falls to Her Death from Roof of Pentagon City Apartment Building
Posted by: The Neighborhood Watch! ()
Date: June 13, 2014 01:31PM

Woman Falls to Death at Pentagon City Apartment Building
http://www.arlnow.com/2014/06/12/woman-falls-to-death-at-pentagon-city-apartment-building/

A woman fell to her death at one of the RiverHouse apartment buildings in Pentagon City early Sunday morning.

A source tells ARLnow.com that the woman was intoxicated and within a restricted portion of the building’s rooftop when she fell through an old incinerator chute to her death. Police investigated the incident but no foul play is suspected and investigators believe it to be a “tragic accident,” we’re told.

No additional information is available about the accident at this time. An Arlington County Police spokesman declined comment.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Report: Woman Falls to Her Death from Roof of Pentagon City Apartment Building
Posted by: te9dw ()
Date: June 13, 2014 01:35PM

Holy cow. I live in the River House buildings. I'm actually a little annoyed that management didn't make any mention of this to us--this is the first I've heard of this

Re: Report: Woman Falls to Her Death from Roof of Pentagon City Apartment Building
Posted by: what for? ()
Date: June 13, 2014 01:37PM

te9dw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Holy cow. I live in the River House buildings. I'm
> actually a little annoyed that management didn't
> make any mention of this to us--this is the first
> I've heard of this

What do you want? A mass email telling you someone got drunk, went to an off limits area, fell down a shaft, and died???

What exactly would be the purpose of that? Do you get an email every time someone kills themselves in the complex?

Posted by: te9dw ()
Date: June 13, 2014 01:40PM

what for? Wrote:
> te9dw Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Holy cow. I live in the River House buildings.
> I'm
> > actually a little annoyed that management
> didn't
> > make any mention of this to us--this is the
> first
> > I've heard of this
>
>
> What do you want? A mass email telling you
> someone got drunk, went to an off limits area,
> fell down a shaft, and died???
>
> What exactly would be the purpose of that? Do you
> get an email every time someone kills themselves
> in the complex?

Well yes, I do. I pay money to live there, I expect them to let us know when something like this happens.

Posted by: In the Know... ()
Date: June 13, 2014 01:41PM

I spoke with a good friend who was one of the Arlington police on the scene after it happened. It is a tragic outcome but she didn't just walk over an opening by accident. She was with two other people who said she wanted to get a better view of the city so she climbed up the incinerator chimney and tried to sit/stand up there, that's when she fell. In a city people die all the time in apartment buildings either by medical issues, accidents or doing stupid things. Do you think management needs to notify you every time some one dies in your building just because you are curious. Also are you an expert who knows how long it takes to notify family? Maybe her family was out of town or maybe she was from out of town, there could be several reason why it took that long.

Posted by: Groovy.Ghoul ()
Date: June 13, 2014 02:01PM

Jeez...talk about GETTING THE SHAFT!

Posted by: Mr. Insensitive ()
Date: June 13, 2014 02:19PM

She didn't jump, it was FALLING WITH STYLE!

Posted by: what for? ()
Date: June 13, 2014 02:39PM

te9dw Wrote:
> what for? Wrote:
> -----
> > te9dw Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Holy cow. I live in the River House
> buildings.
> > I'm
> > > actually a little annoyed that management
> > didn't
> > > make any mention of this to us--this is the
> > first
> > > I've heard of this
> >
> >
> > What do you want? A mass email telling you
> > someone got drunk, went to an off limits area,
> > fell down a shaft, and died???
> >
> > What exactly would be the purpose of that? Do
> you
> > get an email every time someone kills
> themselves
> > in the complex?
>
> Well yes, I do. I pay money to live there, I
> expect them to let us know when something like
> this happens.

Oh, I see. Because you pay some paltry amount of rent, you deserve to know when every accident happens, every suicide (not saying this was one), etc. If it isn't a public safety issue, you really don't need to know. MYOB.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: June 13, 2014 08:07PM

SOunds like she was falling down drunk.

Posted by: Friend of Bill ()
Date: June 13, 2014 11:39PM

Another drunk that HIT ROCK BOTTOM.

Posted by: d3G9J ()
Date: June 14, 2014 12:58AM

what for? Wrote:

> What do you want? A mass email telling you
> someone got drunk, went to an off limits area,
> fell down a shaft, and died???
>
> What exactly would be the purpose of that? Do you
> get an email every time someone kills themselves
> in the complex?

One reason would be to prevent rumors from taking hold in the absence of facts. Another would be to warn residents not to enter restricted areas. Suicides aren't really all that common in any particular building, and this was apparently an accident in a public, resident-accessible common space. A notice on a bulletin board (and most buildings have a place where notices from management are posted) would not be at all unreasonable.

Posted by: Photo Finish ()
Date: June 14, 2014 09:16AM

d3G9J Wrote:
> what for? Wrote:
> -----
>
> > What do you want? A mass email telling you
> > someone got drunk, went to an off limits area,
> > fell down a shaft, and died???
> >
> > What exactly would be the purpose of that? Do
> you
> > get an email every time someone kills
> themselves
> > in the complex?
>
> One reason would be to prevent rumors from taking
> hold in the absence of facts. Another would be to
> warn residents not to enter restricted areas.
> Suicides aren't really all that common in any
> particular building, and this was apparently an
> accident in a public, resident-accessible common
> space. A notice on a bulletin board (and most
> buildings have a place where notices from
> management are posted) would not be at all
> unreasonable.

And they show post pics of the dead mangled body so everyone can stare. Or better yet they should put the body in the lobby for a few days just in case anyone is interested in looking.

Posted by: That Guy ()
Date: June 16, 2014 11:37AM

The family of the victim has contacted an Attorney and will be pursuing legal action against the apartment building owners and management company. They are monitoring this site, so be careful what you post here.

Posted by: L7GyJ ()
Date: June 16, 2014 12:41PM

>Another would be to warn residents not to enter restricted areas.

So you want an email telling you to read the warning signs?

Posted by: Hall Monitor ()
Date: June 16, 2014 12:42PM

That Guy Wrote:
> The family of the victim has contacted an Attorney
> and will be pursuing legal action against the
> apartment building owners and management company.
> They are monitoring this site, so be careful what
> you post here.

Everyone who posts here is always careful. So just go fuck yourself.

Posted by: The Other Guys ()
Date: June 16, 2014 12:43PM

The family must be very excited about the opportunity to profit from their daughter's stupidity. Are they out shopping now for a Porsche or a Mercedes to help them cope with the grief?

Posted by: hFxbv ()
Date: June 17, 2014 07:01AM

Is it sad for her family? Yes, absolutely. However, its against community rules to be drinking up there, not to mention you have to climb over a sizeable fence separating the safe rooftop area from the rest of the roof. It's a tragedy for her family to lose a daughter. It's also sad that they lost their daughter because she decided to get wasted on the roof against the rules, and climb over the restrictive fence, to dance around on the roof. Just because someone died, doesn't mean you have to ignore the hazards and wrongdoing that got the person killed in the first place

Posted by: Don't care ()
Date: June 17, 2014 07:56PM

That Guy Wrote:
> The family of the victim has contacted an Attorney
> and will be pursuing legal action against the
> apartment building owners and management company.
> They are monitoring this site, so be careful what
> you post here.

Good job family. You taught her well.

Posted by: Name? ()
Date: June 19, 2014 12:30PM

Anyone know who the woman was?

Posted by: That guy is an idiot ()
Date: June 19, 2014 12:47PM

The family is going to have a real problem suing anyone over the death of their drunken fool of a daughter/ sister. In Virginia, CONTRIBUTORY negligence is an affirmative defense. They won't get to square one pursuing a tort case.

If I managed that building I would fire up the incinerator and bill them for a cremation. Get real people a drunken fool killed herself. In the Words of LON SuckerTHEM , so what ?

Posted by: YNEWd ()
Date: June 23, 2014 10:24AM

I'm shocked by all this anger and frustration toward a dead woman. It's as if none of you have ever done anything stupid or life-threatening. We all have, but not all of us have had to face the consequences of it. Stop being so judgmental just because her luck ran out.

Posted by: Downfall ()
Date: June 23, 2014 11:27AM

Talkin' 'bout Shaft?

Shut yo mouth!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.