HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Woodbridge woman dies after being hit by SUV
Posted by: Road Pizza ()
Date: June 12, 2014 02:50PM

Woodbridge woman dies after being hit by SUV
http://www.insidenova.com/headlines/woodbridge-woman-dies-after-being-hit-by-suv/article_c0ca8c30-f195-11e3-8b5d-001a4bcf887a.html

A Woodbridge woman struck by a car in front of Sentara Northern Virginia Medical Center earlier this month died Monday of her injuries.

Barbara Naguitt, 53, was in the crosswalk and attempting to cross Opitz Boulevard on June 2 at 6:37 p.m., when she was struck by a 2000 Nissan Xterra, said Prince William police spokesman Jonathan Perok.

The Nissan’s driver, a 48-year-old Stafford man, was stopped to make a right hand turn and had just started to pull out when Naguitt stepped into the path of his vehicle, Perok said.

Naguitt was hospitalized and died Monday.

The Nissan driver, Christopher Lamar Carpenter, was charged on June 2 after the incident with driving on a suspended license and failure to yield to a pedestrian in a crosswalk. Alcohol, speed and drugs did not appear to be factors.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Woodbridge woman dies after being hit by SUV
Posted by: Well that sucks ()
Date: June 12, 2014 02:56PM

I see this all the time. Unfortunately, pedestrians may have the right of way, but they do not have common sense. If I am looking to the left to see if there are no vehicles coming so that I can make a legal right turn on red, the pedestrian must also ensure that I see them before they cross in front on me. You cannot simply put your body in front of a vehicle and assume that it is not going to move and that the driver is aware of your presence.

pedestrians: use your eyes - they (inattentive drivers) WILL KILL YOU if YOU dont watch out
Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: June 12, 2014 03:03PM

wow.............right in FRONT of the hospital!??!? wow.

anyways, before pedestrians get all butthurt that I'm not calling drivers out, well just know the reason I'm not doing it is cause

a) the driver is already charged
b) DRIVER ALWAYS LIVES IN PED/CAR COLLISION, not y'all
and most importantly
C) you can ONLY HELP YOURSELF! So if YOU are the pedestrian, you will NEVER, EVER be able to control that vehicle driver, no matter how mad you get at them.

not blaming the ped - just trying to keep people alive by getting them to think "keep an eye out on this car - it may hit me"

Posted by: Must be the pedestrian ()
Date: June 12, 2014 03:06PM

If the light was red and the car was stopped, what else is the pedestrian supposed to do? She then started across the intersection and the dude ran her over.

since you asked
Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: June 12, 2014 03:13PM

Must be the pedestrian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If the light was red and the car was stopped, what
> else is the pedestrian supposed to do? She then
> started across the intersection and the dude ran
> her over.

make eye contact with the driver of the vehicle BEFORE you step out on that street.

but yeah, yr right - if asshole in the car didnt have his turn signal on, how the hell was the lady even supposed to know he was going to turn - I got you there..............

Posted by: eDPjD ()
Date: June 12, 2014 03:16PM

Must be the pedestrian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If the light was red and the car was stopped, what
> else is the pedestrian supposed to do? She then
> started across the intersection and the dude ran
> her over.

Is the car okay?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.