HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
An open letter to Gerry Connelly
Posted by: 7d9fp ()
Date: July 18, 2019 10:54AM

Dear Representative Connolly,

A former coworker recently claimed: "Impeachment won't work. Republicans control the senate and like what Trump is doing."

Also, a recent Harvard CAPS/Harris Poll found that 43% of voters favor "…no action against the President."

Are those reasons to justify not impeaching a president who in my opinion has blatantly violated the constitution and committed more high crimes and misdemeanors than any president in history?

I learned about integrity in Air War College ("Integrity First!"), and if you are a man of integrity, you will not shy away from Doing The Right Thing, even if it is inconvenient, uncomfortable, and unpopular.

And I know that impeachment will work in that it will demonstrate to the general public all the ways and occasions in which I feel Trump has lied; bullied; obstructed justice; harmed the environment; abused power; used his office for personal profit; encouraged tyrannical dictators; and used cronyism, lust for power, and seeing his name in the news media to influence his decisions; etc.

(His misdeeds are too numerous to mention. But they make me angry!)

And it doesn't matter if impeachment will "work" or not, nor does it matter that most Republicans still support Trump. As Mann & Ornstein stated on April 27, 2012 (from "Let's just say it” in the Washington Post: “The Republicans are the problem. The GOP has become an insurgent outlier in American politics. It is ideologically extreme; scornful of compromise; unmoved by conventional understanding of facts, evidence and science; and dismissive of the legitimacy of its political opposition."

In other words, the GOP has no integrity. And if Democrats refuse to impeach, they have none, either.

What DOES MATTER is that impeachment must happen to hold Trump accountable. To not impeach and not hold him accountable is for our government to give his actions its stamp of approval.

In my opinion, Trump's actions ARE high crimes and misdemeanors.

Have you read the (redacted) Mueller report? The Obstruction of Justice section is damning, but is nowhere close to the most grievous of his crimes. Since my last (1/18/19) letter to you, there is much more proof that you must step up and act in the country's and your constituents' best interests by calling for an impeachment investigation—Now. We cannot bury our heads in the sand and wait another 598 days for Trump to—hopefully(?)—leave office. The GOP, the climate deniers, the racists, and the bullies have all been laughing at us. I don't know much about history, but the Democratic Party sure seems like the Neville Chamberlain of World War II: the weakling in the face of a tyrant. Our democracy and the future of the planet are at stake.

Will You Do The Right Thing?

John Fringer

Reston

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: An open letter to Gerry Connelly
Posted by: 7d9fp ()
Date: July 18, 2019 11:06AM

Repost from Fairfax County Times

Posted by: STFU Stupid ()
Date: July 18, 2019 11:17AM

I dont care a bit about your crappy letter Democrats are the party of Abortion Illegal infestations Gun Grabbing and cheating for votes so go to hell

Im with Trump so are 1/2 this country as were sick of the Democrats leftist heading ways go ride your liberal unmoral high horse down to Venezuela where you'll be happy in the police state your Democrats want with their gun bans in the USA

Post that crap over on Wa Po to sing to the commie choir over there

Posted by: Another SHE LOST Whiner ()
Date: July 18, 2019 11:21AM

PISS ON YOUR LETTERS WEAKLINGS

Posted by: No admittance ()
Date: July 18, 2019 01:36PM

If we went by mental age, no one in the GOP would be old enough to vote.

Posted by: Terminal TDS ()
Date: July 18, 2019 02:20PM

If we went by butthurt, Dems would be old as shit.

Like you.

Posted by: Tracy55 ()
Date: July 18, 2019 02:52PM

Jerry Connolly is an ass!

Posted by: We Will Bury You ()
Date: July 18, 2019 04:49PM

Said the communist Nikita Khrushchev to the American people

Who would have thought that it would be attempted from within our own nation from traitors who served in our Air Force

You won't get you way Trumps not going to be impeached he will be serving 4 more years and if you have got a military pension it should be stripped from you for your lying treasonous words about the president

Posted by: Overthrow The Election of 2016 ()
Date: July 18, 2019 06:48PM

That's what OP wants, who are the real threat to Liberty Democrats are with conniving schemes to add more reps to the house by counting illegals and banning guns

Posted by: Security Clearence ? ()
Date: July 18, 2019 06:58PM

If OP has one it needs to be revoked for his UN American words

Here can't be trusted

Posted by: Ops Got His 1st Rights ()
Date: July 18, 2019 09:24PM

To his statements about the president "he is angry", Im angry with ops words and others are too but If OP is a man of integrity as I am

Then he should agree with my statement

I do not agree with what you say but I will defend your right to say it with my life

Over and Out

Posted by: Gerry =huge CUCK ()
Date: July 20, 2019 07:46AM

When this fagget Vick gets upset, he looks like a California raisin.....
$20 he will die from aneurysm and/or a stroke will leave him slightly drooling the remainder of his life.
Dude needs to take it down some.
He’s a joke!

Posted by: Trucker ()
Date: July 20, 2019 07:51AM

After writing his dumbass, butthurt manifesto, OP went back to sucking cocks at the I-66 rest stop where he first met Gerry Connolly.

Posted by: You do ()
Date: July 20, 2019 08:33AM

Trucker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> After writing his dumbass, butthurt manifesto, OP
> went back to sucking cocks at the I-66 rest stop
> where he first met Gerry Connolly.

Did he take some of your customers?

Posted by: Priceless Response ()
Date: July 20, 2019 09:19AM

Dear Constituent,

I appreciate your taking the time to write to me. As I am busy during the 112 days Congress will be in session this year, my staff has created this form letter to acknowledge your concern/compliment.

For a more personal response, please consider assisting me with our current fundraising efforts. As you are aware, the other side collects millions of dollars from unsavory characters to elect their candidates who, if elected, will destroy our way of life and risk the future for our children and grandchildren.

Some guidelines for your consideration:

Less than $100 - My staff will scan your correspondence into our database as required by law where it will be available to anyone in response to Freedom of Information Act requests.

$101 to $500 - My staff will read the first page of the correspondence accompanying your check prior to scanning it.

$501 to $1,000 - My staff will cross out "Dear Constituent" in the personalized response and hand write your first name in its place.

$1,001 to $10,000 - My staff will add you to our growing database of VIP supporters, as we recognize that those who contribute these amounts once may be inclined to do so again. You will receive additional mailings, often printed on higher quality paper, to recognize your importance.

$10,001 or more - Please consider making this contribution through one of the very honorable organizations who are supporting my reelection. They are listed on my campaign website. I very much appreciate the efforts of these dedicated folks who assist in crafting important legislation and guide my votes. Due to Federal Law, I cannot accept money directly tied to specific legislation, which is why these organizations have been created for you.

Yours in service,

Your Congressperson

Posted by: Kingspell sucks ()
Date: July 23, 2019 07:20AM

khmcn

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.