HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
My friend works for the Federal Government
Posted by: Depressed ()
Date: June 07, 2019 06:31AM

My bestie was telling me he works for the Federal Government, making 6 figures and only having to do actual real work 1 hour a month. He says he could even work remotely while in Hawaii even he wanted to. How do i get rid of these feelings of jealousy and rage?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My friend works for the Federal Government
Posted by: Joke of the Day ()
Date: June 07, 2019 06:37AM

Stop making shit up and then listening to yourself?

Date: June 07, 2019 06:41AM

My bestie says he and others surf Ashley Madison website all day looking for hookups. He asked me yesterday over cocktails if the website was legitimate. I told him it was, but business is business and the majority of profiles are fake.

Posted by: Rising HS junior ()
Date: June 07, 2019 06:45AM

Sure, kid. That's exactly what he told you.

Posted by: Nice work if you can get it ()
Date: June 07, 2019 08:53AM

My neighbor works for a FDIC. He makes over $220K/year according to fedsdatacenter. He teleworks 7 days a pay period. He's always out doing yardwork, going shopping, working on his cars, driving his kids around or jogging.

His wife is a GS15 and teleworks 4 days a PP. Together they're making well north of $350K a year (close to $400K with his $10K annual bonus and her $5K bonus). He told me last year that he and the missus will be retiring when their kids are out of college. They'll be in their late 50's. They'll be making over $200K just in government pensions and social security if my cyphering is right. He didn't talk about his TSP other than that they both put in the max, but it's gotta be at least $2 million by then. All of this is in today's dollars.

Now that's a good gig.

Posted by: Hmmm... ()
Date: June 07, 2019 09:08AM

I wonder what their academic credentials look like. Or did they tell you that they got their careers out of a box of Cracker Jack?

Date: June 07, 2019 10:35AM

My bestie is in IT. I asked him if he would build a computer from scatch aka bare bones pc. He couldn't. I learned how to build PC's in 6th grade.

Posted by: What are you waiting for? ()
Date: June 07, 2019 11:18AM

Go apply for one of these cushy jobs, asshole. Sitting here farting away like a total jerk isn't getting you anywhere. If you're such a hotshot (and by the way, ability to build a computer from scratch will be worth NOTHING), fill out an application and then sit back and wait for the rejection letter to come rolling in. Shouldn't take long.

Posted by: bedrock ()
Date: June 07, 2019 12:05PM

Hmmm... Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wonder what their academic credentials look
> like. Or did they tell you that they got their
> careers out of a box of Cracker Jack?

Both have bachelors degrees. The guy has one in finance and I think the wife has a BA (english or something like that). She's in HR for DHS. I don't see her fucking off like her husband when she teleworks tho.

Date: June 07, 2019 12:48PM

Sounds like maybe you should go get a credible bachelors degree in something. Of course, these days, you'd be more likely to need a Masters or PhD to snag an entry level position.

And while people who are not trusted to use telework may not know it, those who are have to meet the same quality and quantity standards as they would if wasting all that time and energy on schlepping to and from the office every day. By their fruits, ye shall know them.

Posted by: Mark j ()
Date: June 07, 2019 01:30PM

Well Depressed, yes, some feds have it that good. What have you done for yourself? Have you applied for govt jobs? If you can get your foot in, you can move up..

Stop feeling sorry for yourself. Stop comparing..and do something

Date: June 07, 2019 01:57PM

I am a sex education teacher at George Mason Univeristy making 60k a year. I lose most of my money investing in penny stocks. My 401k has been wiped out.

Posted by: Sorry, I'm pretty rich ()
Date: June 07, 2019 02:10PM

Hmmm... Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sounds like maybe you should go get a credible
> bachelors degree in something. Of course, these
> days, you'd be more likely to need a Masters or
> PhD to snag an entry level position.
>
> And while people who are not trusted to use
> telework may not know it, those who are have to
> meet the same quality and quantity standards as
> they would if wasting all that time and energy on
> schlepping to and from the office every day. By
> their fruits, ye shall know them.

Don't worry about me friend. You should probably surmise that, if my neighbor is well off, then he lives in a neighborhood of people who are well off. Very few families making $400K live along side poor people.

Posted by: tom987 ()
Date: June 07, 2019 03:06PM

get a gov job and never leave. youll get there by 50

Date: June 07, 2019 05:07PM

It’s not some magic wand. If you don’t love the work, your life will be just as miserable as anywhere else.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.