HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
I went to Best Buy the other night and I was the only person in the store other than the employees.
Posted by: Too government dependent? ()
Date: January 31, 2019 12:14PM

On most nights the store is usually packed.

Are local feds turning into Jews in regards to their overall spending habits?

Are people really suffering that bad?

Unable to properly budget their 100k salaries?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I went to Best Buy the other night and I was the only person in the store other than the employees.
Posted by: Dipshit detector ()
Date: January 31, 2019 06:01PM

You went to Best Buy? What a loser.

Re: I went to Best Buy the other night and I was the only person in the store other than the employees.
Posted by: BB shopper ()
Date: January 31, 2019 06:06PM

Last time I went to Best Buy they had to order my item and have it shipped to me because they didn't have it in the store. Skip the middle man and just order shit online. Unless you have questions and feel that you need to talk to one of their sales people there is no reason to step foot in any store anymore.

Posted by: BB Sucks ()
Date: January 31, 2019 11:28PM

$24.99 for a USB cable? WTF. Amazon Prime gets me a cable of similar quality for $6.50 within 2 days. $18.00 more for "instant gratification" isn't my idea of fun.

Posted by: in a pinch only ()
Date: January 31, 2019 11:34PM

I have to desperately need something in order to go to BB, otherwise Amazon it is. It seems to be full of minorities, they have not adapted to the whole online thing.

Posted by: fxunk ()
Date: February 01, 2019 05:38AM

Well the last tv I ordered online arrived cracked so from now on I am buying a tv at the store where I can inspect it prior to buying it.

Posted by: Then, Consider Costco ()
Date: February 01, 2019 08:40AM

fxunk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well the last tv I ordered online arrived cracked
> so from now on I am buying a tv at the store where
> I can inspect it prior to buying it.

If you buy from Costco, they double your warranty period. You can inspect your TV before you buy it. Plus, their prices are pretty competitive. The OLED screens rock and QLED is coming on strong in a big way.

Posted by: Best Buy is toast ()
Date: February 01, 2019 03:06PM

As noted, BB prices are a joke. I have front office expiernce(not in retail) so I have a good idea what it takes to open the doors and turn on the lights everyday. BB seems to want to cover that cost with just one or two customers. I prefer to use brick and mortar when possible, and when reasonable. It keeps people employed. But there are still places like BB that haven't figured it out.

Posted by: Couch Potato ()
Date: February 02, 2019 09:14AM

T
>
> If you buy from Costco, they double your warranty
> period. You can inspect your TV before you buy
> it. Plus, their prices are pretty competitive.
> The OLED screens rock and QLED is coming on strong
> in a big way.

OLED another reason not to go live sporting events. My LG OLED's picture quality is perfect.

Posted by: Where I go now ()
Date: February 02, 2019 09:09PM

I used to patron Best Buy quite a bit in the 90s and 00s. These days though, my purchases have been redirected to:

PC Purchases: Microsoft Store
Games: XBox Microsoft Store + Games with Gold
TVs: Target
Appliances: Best Buy has a shot hear but probably Home Depot
Music: YouTube Music
Movies: Amazon
Odds and ends electronics: Amazon
Smartphones: Amazon

Best Buy does havr a first date home installation team for electronics, but that's all I've used them for as of late.

Posted by: Where I go now ()
Date: February 02, 2019 09:11PM

Lol. First rate home installation team.

And car audio. Not a bad place if you are swapping in a new car stereo.

Posted by: Looking like Hechinger ()
Date: February 03, 2019 07:31AM

Best Buy goin bye bye!
Remember when he ginger started selling gum and candy in their checkout lines?
Remember when you couldn’t find any help?
Best Buy was good in 98....
Think about that

Posted by: Online shopping ()
Date: February 03, 2019 08:21AM

I buy all my shit online. Everything. If I can't buy it online I make it or grow it.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.