HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Centreville crime?
Posted by: Tim45 ()
Date: August 22, 2006 09:41PM

Not living there, is Centreville really as bad as it is described on this blog?

I have read some crime reports in the washington post but it is hard to tell.
Also no suggestions please on finding out for myself by walking around there after dark asking if anyone has change for a twenty.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Centreville crime?
Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: August 22, 2006 09:44PM

Centreville is fine. It is friggin' Disneyland compared to most places east of the Capitol in DC.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: August 22, 2006 09:58PM

C-ville has it's fair share of crime, no more, no less. If you look at county blotters for any given day, you will see our fine county has a nice seedy underbelly permeating it at all corners...

some corners just get more time on the local news.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2006 09:58PM by RESton Peace.

Posted by: MrDoctor ()
Date: August 22, 2006 10:10PM

my friend lives off rt 28 in cville near the movie theater, his car was convertible, they cut that part went in and took the seats which retail for like 4-5k each

sucks it happend but he got a nice paycheck from his insurer

nice carbon fiber roof there now

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2006 10:10PM by MrDoctor.

Posted by: The Economist22 ()
Date: August 22, 2006 10:20PM

that's fucking bullshit, centreville is a total shithole. I'd reccomend staying some where in PG county right near DC if you want a nice suburban area to not only meet working adults but to raise a family.

Posted by: MrDoctor ()
Date: August 22, 2006 10:26PM

lol at staying in pg county to raise a family

Date: August 22, 2006 10:29PM

Mr Doctor, that exact same crime happened in my neighborhood around 13 years ago... to my brother, who lived here at that time in another condo. He had his work laptop stolen.

Amd as for staying in PG, that is just too fucking funny. Fairfax's blotter is ten times less than PG's on any given day. That place is a crime magnet... but it does have a few areas that are ok, just none near dc.

Posted by: trekroner ()
Date: August 22, 2006 10:30PM

Funny enough, I grew up in PG county... and now live in Centreville.
Maybe I'm the problem, afterall.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: August 22, 2006 10:37PM

lol at staying in pg county to raise a family

I rented a place in Greenbelt/PG county back in 94-95. In the time I was there my roommate's car was stolen and used in an armed robbery in Landover, an unidentified burned corpse was found in the local neighborhood park, and my neighbor got shot in the ass right outside his front door (turned out to be a family dispute, but whatever). I actually really liked living there, but it's no comparison to Centreville or anywhere else in FFX county.

Date: August 22, 2006 10:57PM

I thought that TV show, "Commander-In-Chief", with Geena Davis, did an awesome job depicting PG. Plenty of work-a-day middle-class black folks surrounded by a heap of dung.

Side note: It's considered "racist" to call it P.G. County. Anyone offended by a name abbreviation is probably apt to cause a violent crime to occur over nothing...

Posted by: Fairfax MF-er ()
Date: August 23, 2006 09:33AM

My impression of P.G. County is that all the crime that used to happen in DC in the 80s has basically moved to P.G. County in the past ten years as DC has become more gentrified. It seems like every night on the news you hear about shit happening in Oxon Hill or Upper Marlboro or Capitol Heights. It's a fucking shooting gallery over there.

Centreville, on the other hand, is a rather quiet suburb. Sure there is petty crime, as is to be expected. But it's not the wholesale car-jackings, gang shootings, meth-lab burning shit like you have happening in P.G. County.

Posted by: Exterminator ()
Date: August 23, 2006 09:56AM

Centreville crime rates should be going down because of those apartments that closed down.

It's kind of like dealing with a roach infestation by wiping out the nest.

Date: August 23, 2006 11:21AM

Overall crime in Centreville really isn't that bad. It has its problems from time to time, as others have pointed out; but it's hardly a town with what one might call "mean streets."

As someone who grew up in PG County (Hyattsville in the mid 70s, and then Laurel until the mid 90s), I can attest that it's like Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood compared to many of those areas in MD--which have only gotten worse over the years.

Part of the collective problem is that most of those committing crimes come from poor and often dysfunctional families that can only afford low-income apartments. Apartment communities are often rife with crime--drugs, domestic violence, assault, theft, vandalism--as people resort to these means to get by. There's another whole debate here about the ills of society and whatnot; and how these criminals are just products of their environment, etc. Whatever. My point is simply that low-income rental communities are typically breeding grounds for criminals--and PG County, particularly the areas just outlying DC, have numerous apartment complexes that have housed these types of people for decades.

Centreville, as with so much of NoVA, is simply a much more expensive area in which to live. That apartment complex that just closed, Sunset Knolls, was one of the few comparable communities to the worst of PG County.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: August 23, 2006 11:22AM

Yeah if you read the FCPD weekly summaries, sully district gets a lot less attention than Mount Vernon district, and about the same attention as everywhere else.

Posted by: Take a Stand ()
Date: August 23, 2006 04:44PM

Maybe PG is so bad because residents of several apartment complexes have filed a lawsuit againts PG county police and government for failure to provide public services...read for yourselves

http://www.examiner.com/a-232619~Editorial__Failure_to_deliver_basic_services.html

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2006 04:46PM by Take a Stand.

Date: August 23, 2006 05:59PM

God forbid people actually try to get an education and work to make a better life for themselves. I know there are plenty of people who need help, but there are also a shitload of them who are capable of helping themselves--at least to some degree--but choose not to. It's easier to blame everyone else for their plight, and seek easier ways to make (or steal) a buck. I know some of them personally, unfortunately.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: August 24, 2006 08:55AM

Tim45 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not living there, is Centreville really as bad as
> it is described on this blog?

why is it that people call everything a "blog?" seriously, this is clearly a forum. there are buttons called "Forum List", "Back to Forum" and there is even the words "This forum powered by Phorum." at the bottom of the page. the term blog sounds like someone vomitting anyway. do you call news websites blogs too or perhaps use a search engine and say "i love this blog!"? do you run the Windows XP blog? fucking internet 'tards.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: August 24, 2006 08:58AM

lol, a blog is a fucking diary.. this site bears no resemblace to a diary..

Date: August 24, 2006 09:40AM

Dear Diary,

Today, I found out what a blog is. At least, I think I did...

Date: August 24, 2006 09:42AM

that's more like it

Date: August 24, 2006 09:54AM

Gravis and reston, you two deserve each other picking apart every word on this BLOG. Can I suggest you two move to a state where your marriage would be legal.
I was just curious about the crime rate in Centreville, didnt mean to upset the balance of the internet by calling it a BLOG.

I would bet when you two were in school you were the type to remind the teachers when homework was due. I would also bet that two certain people were also having their lunch money taken on a daily basis. Maybe someday you can tell us about it on this BLOG.

Date: August 24, 2006 10:24AM

Tim45 Wrote:
> I would bet when you two were in school you were
> the type to remind the teachers when homework was
> due. I would also bet that two certain people were
> also having their lunch money taken on a daily
> basis.

no, i was the person that actually did the homework, unlike the typical dumbass that turned it in late (hint hint). as for bullies, some bully tried to trip me on the stairs (by holding one of my feet from behind me) and i kicked him in the face instead of falling. another bully pushed me to the ground and i punched him in the face. ive been in a number of fights because of jackasses who thought i was weak. people loved it when i did that stuff because they hate taking shit from those jackasses. hell, a girl kissed me because i kicked someones ass. the bottom line is that if you try to hurt me (physically), i will kick your ass. im tame... until you cross the line. good times.   :)

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2006 10:26AM by Gravis.

Posted by: Jester ()
Date: August 24, 2006 10:25AM

Please don't make that mistake again. I maybe emotionally scarred for life now. LOL

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: August 24, 2006 02:00PM

Gravis Wrote:
[stuff about beating up people]

So there was this kid who enjoyed attempting to kick me in the groin. After about 3 times of this, we were at the top of the stairs. He kicked, I grabbed his leg, and shoved him down the stairs. People clapped.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2006 02:01PM by KeepOnTruckin.

Posted by: barracuda ()
Date: August 24, 2006 04:54PM

I'm new to VA, moved here May,2005. We found a decent townhouse to rent in Lorton to start off with. (the rent was cheap) It didn't take us long to find out what a shithole Lorton was!!! This past May, we moved to Centreville. Let me tell you, this is heaven on Earth compared to where we lived in Lorton. IMHO, crime isn't any worse here in Centreville than anywhere else in the DC region.

Date: August 24, 2006 05:55PM

I never did homework

Hell, I used to skip class almost every day in one subject or another...

Tim, remove the stick from your ass and learn to take a joke. We ride each other here, and if you're too much of a little boy to hang out in the clubhouse, I am sure there are forums at disney.com that would be more your speed.

Plus.. do I detect a hint of jealousy in your voice at possible homo action between Gravis and I? I didn't mean to leave you out, there's plwenty of rob to go around..

You comment was just so oversensitive... good lord you come off as a total overreacting bitch. LOL.

As for lunch money, you need to work on your cliches. Schools had debit cards when I was coming up. I didn't need lunch money, you ass.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2006 05:56PM by RESton Peace.

Date: August 24, 2006 05:59PM

Jester, there was this mormon guy who was a head taller than me and one grade above. He liked to slap the back of my head and then walk off like a pussy.

One day he did it on the bus and he was cornered. I stood up and started hitting him and all he could do was throw his hands up in front of his face.

The bus driver just watched and smiled... I had a full peg-leg cast on one leg. This dumb mormon prick got beat up by what amounted to a gimp.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2006 05:59PM by RESton Peace.

Posted by: brianl703 ()
Date: August 24, 2006 10:25PM

Speaking of lunch money..do you remember the kids who would go down the lunch line asking, "You got fiddy cent? You got fiddy cent? You got fiddy cent?".... I don't recall anyone ever giving them the fiddy cent, either..

Posted by: Brian Mitchell ()
Date: August 24, 2006 10:39PM

There should be a national, Beat the Shit Out Of A Mormon Day.

Those polite and kind racist assholes are first on my list of people I want to drop kick in the back as they step out onto the top step of an escalator.

If I was Gravis (a loser with too much time on his hands), I'd probably do like him and start a chapter of Minute Men/Clansmen to "stem the tide" of dirty Mormons.

Date: August 25, 2006 12:03AM

brianl703 Wrote:
> Speaking of lunch money..do you remember the kids
> who would go down the lunch line asking, "You got
> fiddy cent? You got fiddy cent? You got fiddy
> cent?".... I don't recall anyone ever giving them
> the fiddy cent, either..

That was me. Cept I would say, you got any change, or you got 10 cents. Then someone tired to beat me up and I sat on them (pretty fat)

Date: August 25, 2006 01:22AM

At my junior high school, Franklin Intermediate, a few people had this elaborate ice cream theft thing going on. It was common to pass items back to people further back in the line, so they could have dibs on stuff before it ran out when they got to the end of the line... most of those ice creams would disappear when they reached certain hands, via a nice tuck into the back of an opened button-down shirt.. The main conspirator would then do like robin hood and hand out ice cream to whoever wanted it...

And as for Mormons, well, they're like any other religion.. zealots ruin the public impression of the whole group. Most Mormon zealots believe Mormoni empowers them to hold their nose up..

Date: August 25, 2006 07:12AM

RESton Peace Wrote:
> And as for Mormons, well, they're like any other
> religion.. zealots ruin the public impression of
> the whole group. Most Mormon zealots believe
> Mormoni empowers them to hold their nose up..

i agree... but it seems universal that they have as many damn kids as possible.

Date: August 25, 2006 09:02AM

"it seems universal that they have as many damn kids as possible"

That's Catholics, too.

Date: August 25, 2006 09:09AM

'lics, jews, 'mons, 'slims, all religions that cause a great deal of intercultural controversy seem to also have a mandate to people the earth...except scientologists I guess.

the doctrine of power in numbers probably comes into play somewhere here,

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: August 25, 2006 11:09AM

Can I borrow the time machine you are using brianl703? Because most of my catholic friends come from 2-kid households like everyone else's.

Date: August 25, 2006 12:38PM

I wasn't limiting it to US-born Catholics.

Date: August 25, 2006 04:01PM

Gravis wrote " hell, a girl kissed me because i kicked someones ass. " Please note Gravis your sister kissing you after a fight just isnt the real thing.

OK Reston you had a debit card, how many times did you give up the pin number both as a child and as an adult.

If both of you would move out of your parents basements you could see the real world and who knows maybe even get a date to fill up those empty weekends.

Date: August 25, 2006 07:27PM

Tim45 is grasping desperately...

Everyone knows I am a homeowner, but nice try. Sounds like tim is projecting his own situation onto others in a very desperate attempt to make himself feel better.

And as for the pin number thing, you just show your fucking ignorance tenfold there. These were pin-free debit cards.

Listen, Tim, if you want to be taken seriously learn some facts and THEN insult, or shut the fuck up, you ignorant tool.

Posted by: mad max, JD ()
Date: August 25, 2006 07:40PM

HOMOwner is more like it. OK, i'll stop now.

Date: August 25, 2006 07:46PM

only for you max. I can't help it when a big studly JD (well, jd candidate MAYBE) on a motorcycle, dressed in assless leather chaps no doubt, comes riding full-speed towards me. You are only wearing one helmet, and it's def. not on your head...

Date: August 25, 2006 07:53PM

Seriously, timmy, if the best you have to bring is "you live in your mom's basement" and "you got beat up and got your lunch money stolen as a kid", that's pretty sad.

BTW I am your father... I RAPED your mother in YOUR basement. She was a terrible lay.

Date: August 26, 2006 03:43AM

Why the hell are we having an insult fest anyway? Tim just get over it that Reston is yo papa...and show some respect. Meanwhile, I can vouch for RESton that he is a homeowner, or maybe its condominium owner, but same deal. Yes there is a bit of crime in centreville, esp. over by the Library. That crime rate is going down now that they are taking out the apartments there. (I heard they were actually torn down 2-3 days ago) But In and Out convienience was In and out convenient robbery, according to a guy.

Date: August 26, 2006 04:02AM

condos are homes too... just really small ones lol

that in and out convenience mart sold me alcohol many times in high school... I would give the guy my regular ID and he would look at it and give it back like he had looked at the date or birth. there was another place in Sterling that did the same thing.

I'm surprised he was aware of those robberies when they were taking place.

Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: August 26, 2006 10:50AM

I have this vision of Gravis being a 30-something paranoid, short, fat, depressed Injun who gets the shit kick out of him at GMU before kissing his sister, when he isn't being pulled over by the Fairfax cops or wasting hour after hour on the Internet, collecting his disability/Injun check. Is that pretty accurate?

Date: August 26, 2006 01:10PM

WashingToneLocian Wrote:
> I have this vision of Gravis being a 30-something
> paranoid, short, fat, depressed Injun who gets the
> shit kick out of him at GMU before kissing his
> sister, when he isn't being pulled over by the
> Fairfax cops or wasting hour after hour on the
> Internet, collecting his disability/Injun check.
> Is that pretty accurate?

actually, im not paranoid, im 6'1", go to the gym a few times a week, my meds have been working so im not depressed, im white, never got in a fight at GMU, have never kissed my sister, have been pulled over once in the passed two years for bullshit but was not ticketed, i do not get any type of compensation from the government, i usually go out with friends most days though im a computer programmer so i do spend time at the computer. you didnt just strike out, you tried to tomahawk the ball. i know you arent the sharpest tool in the shed so ill translate: your vision of me is very inaccurate.

Posted by: true is true.....ALWAYS ()
Date: November 23, 2018 04:00PM

The Economist22 Wrote:
> that's fucking bullshit, centreville is a total
> shithole. I'd reccomend staying some where in PG
> county right near DC if you want a nice suburban
> area to not only meet working adults but to raise
> a family.

It was true then......It is true now

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.