HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
The History of Zion Road in Fairfax
Posted by: Robinson Graduate ()
Date: November 18, 2018 12:38PM

Hello everyone and its good to be back the area for the holidays. I just went on a long drive through area and was amazed by one particular street, Zion Road off of sideburn and down to Guinea Road. Huge upper middle class homes which are probably in the Million dollar range. Back in the 60s through the 90s that street was almost all black families living in extremely modest small homes with the exception of one huge white house up on Zion near Sideburn. The blacks had been living there after the Civil War was lost by the South and they got to stay and own that strip of land which used to be slave quarters used for tobacco fields which was the slaveowners in Virginia cash crop. I grew up in Clifton so I didn't go there much back in the day but I do remember the majority of blacks in Robinson lived on that street. I hope they all got great compensation from the real estate companies that bought them out. The church is still there which is still Little Zion Baptist Church and is fixed up real nice so I assume the blacks who moved are still relatively close and got paid good for there prime real estate which was once owned by greedy white slave owners who lost in the civil war.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The History of Zion Road in Fairfax
Posted by: uhgiugh ()
Date: November 18, 2018 12:46PM

That huge white house on the corner of Sideburn and Zion was owned by the Honesty family who were descendents of slaves in that plantation home which housed the master while the black slaves lives in shacks near by. The Honesty family lived there when the whites had to leave when they lost the civil war and were killed or forced to leave. I think the house was torn down in the 90s

Posted by: Robinson Athletics ()
Date: November 18, 2018 12:48PM

This street housed the best Football, Basketball, and Baseball players at Robinson for years.

Posted by: Local man1 ()
Date: November 18, 2018 01:36PM

Yeah the Coffer family and their descendants were given that land by Lord Fairfax long before the civil war. My Grandfather told me that white folks were not welcome there, same held true for the Burke area well into the 1940s. Some of the Coffer family members had county jobs doing things like cleaning the county buildings and hauling coal from the railroad to heat the county buildings and schools. He said that county deputies would not venture into coffer woods unless they had at least 4 men armed with pistols, shotguns, rifles and dogs.
The kids from that area attended the Pearson colored school in Burke while the white kids attended the much nicer Sydenstricker school.

Posted by: A P ()
Date: November 18, 2018 01:50PM

The blacks were used as slaves for tobacco primarily. Tobacco was grown all over Fairfax County because our soil is good for its growth. The tobacco was sold all over the country and world for huge profits while the blacks were mistreated and abused. Once the cotton fields got running down south
in Georgia and Alabama the slaves from Fairfax were sold to slave owners down south.

Posted by: Brown Onion ()
Date: November 18, 2018 01:52PM

And now that it’s white less confusing on Father’s Day, less crime, less watermelon seeds to clean up.

Posted by: A P ()
Date: November 18, 2018 01:58PM

This might be the white house you were talking about and a typical slave house next door.
Attachments:
CE473B3D-46AF-4CFE-9F28-A2BBE737DCB7.jpg
70.jpg

Posted by: Travel Agent ()
Date: November 18, 2018 09:39PM

Yet so few Blacks moved back to Africa. Freebies, set-asides, affirmative action, racial quotas, and welfare in the USA are just too good for Blacks to pass up.

Posted by: Joke Insurance ()
Date: November 19, 2018 01:49AM

At the curve on Zion there is an empty lot. Didn't a home used to be there? I think it's now sometimes used as an overflow parking lot for the church.

Posted by: Brown Onion ()
Date: November 19, 2018 05:35AM

Travel Agent Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yet so few Blacks moved back to Africa. Freebies,
> set-asides, affirmative action, racial quotas, and
> welfare in the USA are just too good for Blacks to
> pass up.

Yep free shit always helps keep your best of people.

Posted by: Mike huntt ()
Date: November 19, 2018 06:20AM

Niggers

Posted by: Mama McCoon ()
Date: November 19, 2018 06:35AM

Mike huntt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Niggers

Dindu nuffin

Posted by: Uncle T ()
Date: November 19, 2018 07:55AM

Those slave houses were nicer than our mud huts back in Africa. God Bless America!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.