HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
The truth about Trump's economy
Posted by: CPA ()
Date: October 18, 2018 02:34PM

My experience as a middle class CPA living in Northern Virginia:

* I filed 20 tax returns for the year 2017. In my accounting software (Intuit), it does a breakdown on each tax return comparing what your tax liability would be under 2017 law, and under 2018 law (Trump's tax reform). Under Trump's tax reform, ALL 20 TAXPAYERS WOULD HAVE PAID ANYWHERE FROM $1,500 LESS to $5,000 LESS to the federal govt. This included people who made as little as $30k, people who made over $600k and everyone in-between. EVERY SINGLE ONE, with the greatest benefit going to non-homeowners who do not itemize. Bottom line- it has helped EVERYONE, especially the lower-middle class taxpayers who cannot afford to be homeowners.

*An old 401k I have from an old job, which is heavily invested in American FAANG stocks, was at $29,000 in October 2016. It is now over $50,000 2 years later. I use an old 401k as an example because I no longer contribute to this, it has been sitting still since 2013.

*My company had 25 employees at the end of 2016. We now have 35 employees, and have been able to take on more work because of that, increasing our revenue from $15M to over $20M this year.

Trump gets an A+ in American economics. Anyone who cannot admit that is too jaded to even argue with. He certainly has his faults, and I understand some reasons to not support him. But if someone does not approve of his economy, they truly do not understand what they are talking about.

What Trump needs to do going forward- FIX HEALTHCARE. It is a complete clusterfuck. Coverage gets insanely more expensive by the year, for less coverage. Universal healthcare is not feasible. We need a system that works.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The truth about Trump's economy
Posted by: CPA T&E ()
Date: October 18, 2018 04:21PM

Our software has the same ability to compare 2017 and 2018 returns. Most of our clients have incomes over $100k, ranging up to $5million. Roughly one third of our clients will pay more in combined Federal and state taxes. A number of these ended up about the same on the Federal return, but will end up paying more on the state return because of reduced itemized deductions. On some of these returns we may be able to save some of those additional taxes by reallocating deductions to different categories.

Much of our work is on trusts and estates. Recent IRS statements indicate that for trusts and estates where the income is taxed on the entity level the rules on deductions will be about the same as in 2017. For trusts and estates that make distributions we suspect a number of our clients may end up having to report higher income. We have recommended to our clients that they defer distributions to the end of the year so we can figure out whether they would be better making distributions in 2018 or 2019.

Posted by: who is to blame for ()
Date: October 18, 2018 04:45PM

So...with your runup in your 401K (I saw similar gains during the Obama regime, just saying)...how much of that has been wiped out in the past month?

Who is to blame for that?

How's that wall coming? Has Mexico started paying for that yet?

The fact of the matter is...yes, some good things may be happening, and some good things may even be as a result of some of his ideas put in place...

But, do you really thinks he gives one sh** about the majority of Americans, or, do you think that anything good that might befall an average American is merely an incidental by-product of something good happening for Trump?

I remember saying how much he loves Saudi's...something like, they've paid me $50-$60 million (I'm guessing for some real estate deals in the past)...so, how tough is he going to be with SML?

As "tough" as he has been already?

And ruin a fruitful business relationship for himself?

Posted by: on down the road ()
Date: October 18, 2018 04:47PM

Low taxes have long been a republican "ideal"...now, if they could also lower spending, we'd be in business.

I guess a runaway debt is OK.

Kickin the can.

Posted by: Here wee go again ()
Date: October 18, 2018 04:52PM

Same lies that Bush-43 told. In the end, the goodies all go to the already rich.

Posted by: allegator ()
Date: October 18, 2018 04:56PM

But see, Trump drained the swamp!

No Jared, no family members, etc, etc...

What a guy!

Posted by: Bull in china shop ()
Date: October 18, 2018 05:37PM

If this were all ‘break it and you’ve bought it’, Trump would be bankrupt again.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.