HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Nats v Mets (Try, try again)
Posted by: Paperback Writer ()
Date: September 22, 2018 02:27PM

Starting off with a bbq dog and a brew at the Brewhouse. Beautiful day for baseball, so hopefully the boys are up for putting on a good show today.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nats v Mets (Try, try again)
Posted by: Hit-and-Run ()
Date: September 22, 2018 02:41PM

Hear hear ! Enjoy the game where you are. I am debating TV (Bob and FP) versus radio (Charlie and Dave).

Charlie and Dave are the best announcers I have heard , for any sport, in my many years of following baseball, football and basketball.

Let’s hope for a Curly W.

Posted by: Paperback writerly ()
Date: September 22, 2018 04:24PM

‘Braves Clinch’ is not a happy way to begin. Looked like Voth might cave in the first, but he got out of it.

Posted by: Hit-and-Run ()
Date: September 22, 2018 04:30PM

I opted for Charlie and Dave. I never get tired of the spelling bell. Or Charlie cracking himself up over his own cheesy jokes LOL .

Posted by: Paperback writer ()
Date: September 22, 2018 04:30PM

Cards walk-off against Melancon eliminates up from wild-card as well.

Date: September 22, 2018 05:01PM

Two-run jack by Trea-Trea. Maybe there’s some hope here.

Date: September 22, 2018 05:50PM

Ooh, ooh, Wieters! Long 3-run bomb into the Mets bullpen makes it s 5-0 game. yay!

Date: September 22, 2018 06:18PM

Harper rips an RBI double past first to make it 6-0. Looks like Soto is out of gas though. No ROY for him. L

Date: September 22, 2018 06:55PM

Austen Williams with a 1-2-3 to wrap up a 1-bitter. nice

Posted by: Pretty impressive ()
Date: September 22, 2018 08:16PM

That was the best game they’be played for a while. Maybe the fact that fans actually showed up for Field Day was an inspiration to them.

Posted by: Scholar ()
Date: September 22, 2018 10:25PM

Pretty impressive Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Maybe the fact that fans actually showed up
> for Field Day was an inspiration to them.

The Season Ticket holders usually do show up for that. I like the Q&A sessions. I did get to ask the coaches something. I did not really have anything to ask the broadcasters, but I did like their presentations.

I do not see how these fans like the radio boys, Charlie and Dave. They tend to get distracted from the game and miss more than a few pitches. I have heard much better in Boston, New York, Chicago and LA. Baltimore used to be pretty good, but the guys that they have these days are not the best. I have heard much better in Baltimore.

I signed up for autographs, because that is what GF likes. I got assigned Greg Holland's line. GF would have like to have had Scherzer's (he was in the next line over), but you must take what the team gives you. The rumour is that except for Rendon and Turner, the players really do not like "fan duty". Holland was decent about it, but you could tell that he would rather have been somewhere else.

When Rendon did the autographs in the team store, I got one for GF (she had one from the Winter Event, as well, but she wanted the second one, so I got it; he signed a ticket). If he did not want to be there, you would not have known it. From how he acted with the fans, it seemed like he really enjoyed being there.

That was a pretty good game. Martinez's bullpen game worked well for him; one hit allowed among five pitchers. Harper got his RBI. Weiters finally got hold of one and Turner got one, as well. Add to that some real "heads up" play in the field and they were playing the way that people were expecting them to play all year.

Too bad that they missed the post-season. I would have been so happy to see a Red Sox/Nationals World Series. It will be either Chicago or Milwaukee for the National, this year but Red Sox in five will be the result.

The really hard series is going to be the Red Sox vs. Oakland. That IS correct, Yankees fans, Oakland has a rather nasty little surprise for you whether your boys play in The Bronx or in Oakland. That one will go the full five.

Posted by: Schedule says... ()
Date: September 23, 2018 01:58PM

NYY and OAK can only meet in the wild card game. Winner takes all.

Posted by: Scholar ()
Date: September 23, 2018 09:20PM

Schedule says... Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> NYY and OAK can only meet in the wild card game.
> Winner takes all.

I was referring to the Wild Card game. Everyone thinks that the Yankees will win it. Oakland has a rather nasty surprise for the Yankees.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.