HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Hutchison a ‘constructive’ choice for Herndon
Posted by: Tony DeBenedittis, Herndon ()
Date: May 03, 2014 09:07PM

Hutchison a ‘constructive’ choice for Herndon
http://www.fairfaxtimes.com/article/20140430/OPINION/140439702/1065/hutchison-a-x2018-constructive-x2019-choice-for-herndon&template=fairfaxTimes

The upcoming Town of Herndon election presents a big choice for Herndon’s citizens. We are faced with choosing to re-elect a mayor and council with promises unfulfilled and choosing to take a more constructive approach by choosing Connie Hutchison for mayor.

In her acceptance speech two years ago, Mayor Lisa Merkel said progress would finally happen on the redevelopment of the downtown. To date, however, nothing much has taken place.

Similarly, not much of a legislative package benefitting the town was developed to take to Richmond to lobby the state with. The previous administration regularly went to Richmond to lobby for Herndon’s needs. Instead this council focused on urbanization and beautification by taking away much needed traffic lanes near the cemetery and the high school and put in a raised lane divider with trees and lights. While these are nice things to have, it must be remembered that our town is defined by its small town atmosphere as a unique and historical town. Urbanization attempts to expand our suburban atmosphere to become part of the greater Washington, D.C. urban center are ill-advised.

I like seeing our small town defined with well-defined limits, including bed and breakfast.

Most offensive to me was the way the Mayor and Councilwoman Sheila Olem tried to increase voting time, adding extra days of voting for those who couldn’t get there on Election Tuesday. Absentee ballots are readily available for that purpose. When the council was informed Mayor Merkel was heard to say “Why do we need public input” or something to that effect.

A state law exists which states that towns render a certain size population must adhere to the non-partisan rule. Yet Mayor Merkel has accepted money from the Virginia State Democratic Party and other PAC’s and redistributed it among her team that is running in lockstep.

For these reasons, I am choosing a new course for Herndon and casting my ballot for Connie Hutchinson for Mayor.

Tony DeBenedittis, Herndon

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hutchison a ‘constructive’ choice for Herndon
Posted by: Priapus ()
Date: May 03, 2014 10:22PM

and who the fuck are you, too?

Re: Hutchison a ‘constructive’ choice for Herndon
Posted by: Pretty sure it was him ()
Date: May 04, 2014 06:53AM

I believe he's that douchebag who used to workout in the Towers Crescent building gym years ago (late 90s/early 2000s) and used to call everybody "bro" and was really aggressive in getting people to pay him to be their trainer. I couldn't tell if he wanted to train other guys or just run a train on them.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.