HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Real Proof of Time Travel?
Posted by: Time Travel? ()
Date: May 03, 2014 05:21PM

People with modern sunglasses & T-shirt in pictures from 1940, ancient relics found in modern day locations, Human & Dinosaur tracks together, and several more.

Check them out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qN5eY6Rt2s
Attachments:
WTF.PNG

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Real Proof of Time Travel?
Posted by: Time Travel? ()
Date: May 03, 2014 05:24PM

Makes you wonder...
Attachments:
WTF2.PNG

Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: May 03, 2014 05:49PM

I wish I could travel 2 minutes back in time before I read this dumbass, completely unrelated thread.

Posted by: TC9jm ()
Date: May 03, 2014 05:56PM

Jennifer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wish I could travel 2 minutes back in time
> before I read this dumbass, completely unrelated
> thread.

Time travel affects Fairfax County. Anytime someone goes back in time, they risk altering the timeline, which would include all of us too. How is that unrelated? Stupid inbred.

Posted by: WhosYoDaddy ()
Date: May 03, 2014 06:08PM

TC9jm Wrote:
> Jennifer Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I wish I could travel 2 minutes back in time
> > before I read this dumbass, completely
> unrelated
> > thread.
>
> Time travel affects Fairfax County. Anytime
> someone goes back in time, they risk altering the
> timeline, which would include all of us too. How
> is that unrelated? Stupid inbred.

He's got a point. I shoulda remembered that before I went back in time and met his mom.

Posted by: TC9jm ()
Date: May 03, 2014 06:11PM

WhosYoDaddy Wrote:
> TC9jm Wrote:
> -----
> > Jennifer Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > I wish I could travel 2 minutes back in time
> > > before I read this dumbass, completely
> > unrelated
> > > thread.
> >
> > Time travel affects Fairfax County. Anytime
> > someone goes back in time, they risk altering
> the
> > timeline, which would include all of us too.
> How
> > is that unrelated? Stupid inbred.
>
> He's got a point. I shoulda remembered that before
> I went back in time and met his mom.

Dad?
Attachments:
elvis_time_travel_by_bruno_sousa-d6armrk.jpg

Posted by: Frito Pendejo ()
Date: May 03, 2014 06:39PM

Yeah, like, I know where a time masheen is!
Attachments:
Dax-Shepard-Idiocracy.4.jpg

Posted by: imbiker ()
Date: May 03, 2014 06:46PM

...Planet of the Apes?
Attachments:
0-moochelle.jpg

Posted by: Time Travel - Practical App ()
Date: May 03, 2014 06:56PM

Attachments:
comics-time-machine-taco-632535.png

Posted by: JackJ ()
Date: May 03, 2014 07:23PM

This guy is still alive. Believe it or not.

Posted by: Interesting...? ()
Date: May 03, 2014 07:49PM

Time Travel? Wrote:
> People with modern sunglasses & T-shirt in
> pictures from 1940, ancient relics found in modern
> day locations, Human & Dinosaur tracks together,
> and several more.
>
> Check them out here:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qN5eY6Rt2s

Let's say for the moment that this guy is a time traveller. Who is he and what time period is he from? Judging by the clothing, facial hair, etc. I would guess he's European and from a period in the early 21st century, somewhere in our timeframe, right? (Please humor me, travelling thru time is extremely cool to me).
Attachments:
WTF.PNG

Posted by: How Time Travel Works ()
Date: May 03, 2014 08:21PM

Interesting subject, you might find this article of interest as well...

How Time Travel Works
http://science.howstuffworks.com/science-vs-myth/everyday-myths/time-travel2.htm
Attachments:
time-travel-works-1.jpg

Posted by: Marty McFly ()
Date: May 03, 2014 08:49PM

Attachments:
Biffs+got+the+time+machine_05e8ba_3844563.gif

Posted by: Time travel Can it really be don ()
Date: May 03, 2014 09:18PM

Time travel: Can it really be done? - CNN.com
http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/13/opinion/opinion-time-travel-paul-davies/

Editor's note: Paul Davies is author of "How to Build a Time Machine." He works at Arizona State University.

(CNN) -- Ever since H. G. Wells' trailblazing novel "The Time Machine," time travel has been a staple of science fiction. The idea of traveling through time is deeply fascinating: you get into a machine, press a few buttons, and step out not just somewhere else, but "somewhen" else. It's easy to imagine, but can it really be done?

Yes it can, at least in a limited sense. Over a century ago, Albert Einstein showed that time is intrinsically elastic, capable of being stretched or shrunk by motion. Fly from London to New York and back, and you will leap a split second into the future of stay-at-home Londoners. The effect can easily be measured using atomic clocks and involves only billionths of a second -- too brief for a person to notice, and hardly the stuff of "Doctor Who" television series-style adventures.

But time stretching can be magnified by increasing the speed. Close to the speed of light (about 300,000 kilometers per second), time warps become startling. Fly to the star Vega, 25 light years away, and back again at 99% of the speed of light, and when you return to Earth in 2062, you will have experienced only seven years travel time in the spacecraft. In effect, you will have leaped 42 years into Earth's future.

So travel into the future is not only possible, we have done it, although so far in only paltry amounts. How about going back in time? That is far more problematic and remains an active area of research. Einstein found that not only speed affects time, gravity does too. Time runs a little bit faster on the roof, where gravity is imperceptibly weaker, than in the basement, for example.

A really big time warp requires an intense gravitational field. Black holes are the best; near their surfaces time is slowed almost to a standstill relative to us. Indeed, black holes are black because outgoing light is trapped in slow motion. However, hanging out near a black hole is not only dangerous, it still only represents travel into the future; it gets you to the future quicker. Getting to the past requires something even weirder than a black hole -- a wormhole.

Wormholes in space are shortcuts linking distant points -- a bit like that other sci-fi favorite, the star gate. Leap through one and you might come out on the other side of the galaxy a few minutes later. If wormholes exist, they could be adapted to make time machines that send you into the future if you traverse them in one direction, but into the past if you go in the other direction. Like a black hole, a wormhole would be a massive gravitational space and time warping object. But whereas a black hole represents a one-way journey to nowhere -- jump in and you can never get out -- a wormhole has an exit as well as an entrance.

Do wormholes exist? Black holes certainly do, but nobody has yet glimpsed any sign of its cousin, the wormhole. Furthermore, some physicists are so uneasy about their potential for being portals to the past that they flat-out reject the very idea. The problem concerns those familiar time travel paradoxes, like going back in time and murdering your mother before you were born. Physicists call these causal loop paradoxes, and they affront our desire for the universe to be a rational and ordered system. If cause and effect get muddled up in time, what does that do for our notions of reality?

In spite of these misgivings, there is nothing in Einstein's theory of space, time and gravitation to forbid journeying into the past, a possibility that Einstein himself hated. Not only wormholes, but several other mechanisms have been found that, according to Einstein's theory, can be used to travel back in time. All these proposals suffer from the problem of extreme impracticality, though. Building a human-sized wormhole, for example, would require harnessing vast amounts of peculiar quantum field energy and deploying gravitational stabilizing technology that would need the resources of a cosmic super-civilization.

For many scientists, however, it is the principle that counts, not the practical engineering. And here there is an intriguing possibility. Few physicists think Einstein had the last word on gravitation, and some modern extensions of his work make an extraordinary prediction. The Large Hadron Collider -- the giant accelerating machine that created the Higgs boson -- might just make a tiny wormhole for long enough that its time-bending effects could be glimpsed.

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
~Nearly 100 years ago, Albert Einstein showed that motion could stretch or shrink time
~Fly from London to NYC and back and you leap forward a split second, Paul Davies says
~He says a big time warp requires an intense gravitational field, such as a black hole
~Going back in time would require a "wormhole," which he says is possible in principle
Attachments:
twilight-zone-o.gif

Posted by: Greybeard ()
Date: May 03, 2014 09:54PM

Real Proof that Time Travel Won't Happen, at least not soon: People's Facebook content. If it were coming soon, we'd see a lot of that content vanishing.

Posted by: EwVvG ()
Date: May 03, 2014 10:00PM

Hmmmmm think about it for a second. What if one or two scientists have created time machines and have disappeared into the past or the future. How would we know?

Posted by: DTMLF ()
Date: May 04, 2014 05:10AM

EwVvG Wrote:
> Hmmmmm think about it for a second. What if one or
> two scientists have created time machines and have
> disappeared into the past or the future. How would
> we know?

By their equipment, notes, etc. they left behind? But I guess since they travelled thru time, we wouldn't know if they came back within minutes (or even seconds of leaving).

Posted by: Al Skeptic ()
Date: May 04, 2014 10:27AM

What this is real proof of is photoshopping!

Posted by: STEWMAC ()
Date: March 21, 2018 03:59PM

I know, right? Donald Trump is the president of the United States now!!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.