HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Shady Verizon Solicitors
Posted by: FFX Homeowner ()
Date: April 15, 2014 02:23PM

Let me preface this by saying that I hate solicitors.

So last week I had three shady Verizon solicitors on my front porch - one black male, one asian male, and one black female. Before they could say much, I asked to see their county-issued solicitor licenses. Not one of them had one.

I told them I was not interested and to leave since they weren't licensed.

This is where I got really weirded out:
The black male told me that he actually was "sent out by Verizon to check on my digital boxes and that's why he was there." He implied that he needed to come in the house.

I have Cox.

Are you fucking kidding me? So sketchy. I called the cops and they ran.

Did anyone else run into these guys?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Shady Verizon Solicitors
Posted by: Fairfaxiann ()
Date: April 15, 2014 02:28PM

I share your disdain for door-to-door solicitors. Calling the cops was a good move, I have did the same on a few guys two years ago and it turns out they were breaking in to homes/cars as they canvassed neighborhoods.

If they are real Verizon sales people, ask them how long it takes them to come out and fix an outage. I have a Verizon landline that stopped working, they told me it would be three weeks before someone could come out. Imagine being without Internet access for three weeks. That's why I'll never switch to them.

Posted by: Gruntled ()
Date: April 15, 2014 03:10PM

We finally dropped Verizon entirely after one of their telecrooks tried to trick my 78-year-old mother into getting Fios, which we have repeatedly refused in favor of keeping our copper lines, which work nicely during an electrical outage.

The sleazeball called my mom and told her they needed access to the house because they were upgrading the phone lines, and they scheduled a time. Later, she got suspicious and called back to find that YES, THEY WERE COMING TO INSTALL FIOS. She said she didn't want it, and they promised to send her a letter saying what they were going to do before proceeding. Well, we switched her over to Cox Telephone, because if we were going to lose our copper, there was no way we were sticking with the Verizon minions of evil. It took a while, because first, we had to clear the fraudulent work order they had entered. Having done that, after years of two copper lines to the house, we no longer have Verizon for anything.

If they dare show up on my porch again, I will call the police.

Posted by: Curmudgeon ()
Date: April 15, 2014 03:46PM

yeah, but who's shadier -- legitimate verizon reps or straight up crooks? tough call.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2014 03:46PM by Curmudgeon.

Posted by: DejaVoodoo ()
Date: April 15, 2014 03:50PM

Are you in Chantilly / Centreville? I too had Verizon people come to my door at about 2:30.

Posted by: Peep hole ()
Date: April 15, 2014 07:23PM

You answer your door? I walk down, look out the peep hole and if it looks like some shady solicitor I just go back to what I was doing. The may ring and knock a couple more times but I doubt I am missing out on anything.

Posted by: op1 ()
Date: April 15, 2014 07:57PM

Yes, in Centreville.

Posted by: unverizon ()
Date: April 15, 2014 07:57PM

Curmudgeon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> yeah, but who's shadier -- legitimate verizon reps
> or straight up crooks? tough call.

You got that right!

EVERYTHING about Verizon is shady.

Posted by: DHe3W ()
Date: April 16, 2014 05:25PM

yoru a total COX employee asshole

stop positing anti Verison ads on fxug

-------------------------
last time a cox nig was at the place, other than refusing having unsafe equip (no batt, unpurchasable). and not having what it took to work with already installed long existing wiring from last install

i caught his hand searching a box to see what he could steal

thanks cox

Posted by: eagle64 ()
Date: April 17, 2014 02:11AM

I am in the Centreville/Chantilly area and these assholes associated with Verizon knocked on my door several days ago about 6 pm. I have a "No Solicitors" sign on my door, and when I heard a cutesey knock, DAH dah-dah DAH DAH [pause] DAH DAH (i.e. Down in the Barnyard, Knee Deep), I was suspicious. Sure enough here was some asshole and a bitch dressed in black. When I asked them if they were solicitors they lied and had some bullshit story about being associated with Verizon, but not soliciting. I told them to get the fuck off my property before I called the cops. I also mentioned that they looked like assholes the way they were dressed in black, and that I had a previous encounter with three assholes dressed in black that were associated with Verizon.

The previous episode from over a year ago was when three assholes dressed in black had similarly accosted me when I was out in my yard. At that time, before I knew exactly what they were up to, but guessed, I said you look like three assholes dressed in black. When they mentioned that they were associated with Verizon I told them to get the fuck off my property as I was a Cox customer. One of the bastards had the gall to say that he was going to call the cops on me, but another of the assholes (who seemed to be the leader) told him to ignore me as I was just a crazy old man.

I guess I should be on the ready and really call the cops the next time as I am sick and tired of the illegal solicitors, whether knocking on my door in spite of my "No Solicitors" sign or contacting me by phone when I have been on the "Do Not Call" list for many years.

Posted by: Mongoose65 ()
Date: April 17, 2014 08:23AM

Wow, eagle64...I bet you're fun at parties.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.