HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Egg On Marriots Face Today After Carribbean Rescue Ship Leaves People On The Dock
Posted by: Bill Marriott Never Would Do Thi ()
Date: September 13, 2017 12:43PM

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/marriott-sent-a-rescue-ship-to-the-caribbean-after-irma-%E2%80%94-and-left-non-guests-on-the-dock/ar-AArPErV?li=AA4Zpp&ocid=spartandhp

Big Mistake by Marriott's people the company chartered a ship to get Marriot Hotel guests off a storm ravaged island, and then would not take all the other tourists cause they were not part of the VIP crowd even thou the ship had the room to do so..

I don't think a Free month at a Marriott Hotel at OC or VB or even Hawaii will help um out of this..

DAJAX " Jim.. This is J.R..That Marriott stock of mine....Sell..!"

"Sally..You say hes not paying rent!! He now way behind..Oh I see ..he lost his job.."

" Ya Terry..I agree..I would not want to travel on a ship with Riff Raff either"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Egg On Marriots Face Today After Carribbean Rescue Ship Leaves People On The Dock
Posted by: Black.Snake.Moan ()
Date: September 13, 2017 04:20PM

I don't see any egg at all. Marriott is a private company. Their priorities are their guests and their employees. It's not Marriott's responsibility to get others evacuated.

I bought 10,000 more Marriott shares today...fuck those dead people. They dead.

Re: Egg On Marriots Face Today After Carribbean Rescue Ship Leaves People On The Dock
Posted by: hotelier ()
Date: September 13, 2017 04:41PM

Disagree with OP. Marriotts concern about liability are legitimate. They take these people to Puerto Rico and dump them there with no idea how and when they may be able to leave, where they are going to stay and how they are going to get food, water or medications they may need. Something happens to any of them there is a great potential they would come after Marriott and blame them. Not worth the risk.

And as far as Cody Howard, anyone that puts themselves in that situation intentionally deserves what they get. Heard him in an interview a day before the island was hit. Sounded like an attention seeking douche bag.

Posted by: Law Of Sea Should Be Followed ()
Date: September 13, 2017 07:18PM

Women and Children First..The rest of ya.. every man for himself!

DAJAX

Posted by: Uncle Sampson ()
Date: September 13, 2017 08:26PM

Disagree with OP

+1 for hotelier. There are so many things that could go wrong here and liability is not something they should have to accept. No story here. Love Marriott! They always take care of their customers.

Posted by: Gold member ()
Date: September 13, 2017 08:28PM

I don't blame them. They were only allowed to take those on the manifest from a corporate and a border patrol standpoint. Anybody else would have had to have been screened for nationality, intent, etc. They had a very limited window of opportunity to load these people.

Posted by: causeican ()
Date: September 13, 2017 09:27PM

hotelier Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Disagree with OP. Marriotts concern about
> liability are legitimate. They take these people
> to Puerto Rico and dump them there with no idea
> how and when they may be able to leave, where they
> are going to stay and how they are going to get
> food, water or medications they may need.
> Something happens to any of them there is a great
> potential they would come after Marriott and blame
> them. Not worth the risk.
>

They could have had the passengers sign a release if that was the issue.

Your kind of thinking is what is wrong with the world today. People won’t make a move if they don’t have their lawyer’s blessing. Everything we do is “cover-your-ass bullshit.” Pages and pages of cover-your-butt clauses for anything you want to do.

There is a right and a wrong which has nothing to do with what a lawyer tells you.
It is wrong to leave people stranded in the face of a deadly hurricane when it is in your power to rescue them. Commonsense will tell you that

Are you a sheep?

Posted by: the other white meat ()
Date: September 14, 2017 12:15AM

causeican Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Your kind of thinking is what is wrong with the
> world today.

Pulling some people of an island they chose to stay on, with plenty of advance notice of an impending hurricane, expecting that someone else would help them in the event it manifested itself in the way it did is what is "what is wrong with the world today." No sir, your kind of thinking is "what is wrong with the world today." Those people should have cut their losses, shortened their precious vacations and headed home at the first indication that something might go bad for them. Personal responsibility. The sheep here are those who waited to be rounded up and delivered by someone else to their destination. I have zero sympathy for them.

Posted by: Watermelon Titties ()
Date: September 14, 2017 08:56AM

Fuck 'em. Not Marriott's problem.

You people act like everyone owes you something because you fucked up. As the prior poster said, this wasn't a bolt of lightning. Even the dent heads here were talking about it a week ahead of time.

Perhaps next time they will use better judgment. Marriott isn't going to spend the next year getting nigger stink off their boat because people are dumb. They know better.

Posted by: Nothing's free ()
Date: September 14, 2017 12:27PM

If you know the boat's coming check in to a Marriott and get a room.

Posted by: Women And children first ()
Date: September 14, 2017 04:18PM

I still say Women and children First then Ya men too..There were a couple dozen people US Citizens..To hell with Marketing peoples liability! Get um outta there Done Deal..It was a Huge Natural Disaster and take any sick or pregnant island people and as many women and children as that tub could hold..Those would have been My Orders and I would have given them.. even if the people were all Leftist Liberals..!! Politics would have been not even on my mind at all..not for a single second..and that's the Gods truth !

DAJAX To Hell with the Bill..Charge it to Dust..let It Settle with the Rains..

My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ was watching..as always..
Attachments:
JesusMyLordandSavior.jpg

Posted by: Thom Devoltes ()
Date: September 15, 2017 07:25AM

Tourists visit these shit hole countries......
During HURRICANE season.....
Duhhhhhh!

Would you pick up a family of 3rd worlders if you were driving along ffx co pkwy and saw them on the shoulder?
Fuk no!

So all you dumb sumbitches giving Marriott shit about not picking up local natives can fuk off!

Dis shit is ev'ry man for himself!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.