HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Ryan McElveen -- what a POS
Posted by: What is wrong with him? ()
Date: September 06, 2017 09:50PM

Back to school night for parents at LBSS. Ryan McElveen gets on the tv monitor with his baby (it was such an obvious ploy, you just had to see it). Scumbag had to preach about how we're in such bad shape financially at FCPS because we didn't pass the meals tax (yeah, that's why), and how the world may be in disarray (obvious attack on Trump), but Fairfax County schools can do better then that. Some of us don't think the world is in disarray, some of us think people like him are hyper-focused on race, religion and gender and project their own thoughts on others. He literally used his baby as a prop, it was sickening -- and completely transparent. Something majorly wrong with this guy. I saw the photos and posts on him before on FFU, but seeing him actually speak was unbelievably maddening due to his obvious agenda. Just LOVE that he's on the school board, f'ing fantastic. He is warped.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ryan McElveen -- what a POS
Posted by: McElpedo ()
Date: September 06, 2017 10:18PM

Ryan is a pedophile.
Attachments:
DI61PIEW0AAgICu.jpg

Posted by: masterbated to him ()
Date: September 06, 2017 10:18PM

Ryan is very popular with the teenagers who are turning 18:)

What is wrong with him? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Back to school night for parents at LBSS. Ryan
> McElveen gets on the tv monitor with his baby (it
> was such an obvious ploy, you just had to see it).
> Scumbag had to preach about how we're in such bad
> shape financially at FCPS because we didn't pass
> the meals tax (yeah, that's why), and how the
> world may be in disarray (obvious attack on
> Trump), but Fairfax County schools can do better
> then that. Some of us don't think the world is in
> disarray, some of us think people like him are
> hyper-focused on race, religion and gender and
> project their own thoughts on others. He literally
> used his baby as a prop, it was sickening -- and
> completely transparent. Something majorly wrong
> with this guy. I saw the photos and posts on him
> before on FFU, but seeing him actually speak was
> unbelievably maddening due to his obvious agenda.
> Just LOVE that he's on the school board, f'ing
> fantastic. He is warped.

Posted by: WTF is that thing? ()
Date: September 06, 2017 10:21PM

Why is he hairless? Easier to molest children that way?

Posted by: ccddddd ()
Date: September 07, 2017 05:30AM

thanks for the summary of his talk, I saw him on the screen and didn't go listen

Posted by: nuts ()
Date: September 07, 2017 07:27AM

In a sane world a video like that would end someone's "political career". Between the shamelessness of awkwardly holding his baby as a prop and the pettiness of saying- since you didn't vote to tax yourselves even more we are increasing your kids class sizes, why would anyone vote for this guy again? The entire school board needs to prove they can control costs and cut administration before they are entrusted with even more money.

Posted by: Shake my damn head ()
Date: September 07, 2017 07:49AM

How dare a politician use children as a pawn to sway your opinion!

Oh look, I pull up Ed Gillespie's web site and the first thing I see if ole Uncle Ed talking to kids on a park bench.

How dare he say there are repercussions when there is less revenue! Back in my day, we had no need for a "meals tax" and we were the best county in America!!

Back in your day - say, 30 years ago - the property tax rate was $1.35 per $100 ... it's $1.13 per $100, same as last year.

Feel free to look up "facts" and "hypocrisy" when you get a chance.

Posted by: adsfdg ()
Date: September 07, 2017 08:24AM

What a faggoty little beta male with the half-breed kid. Some day soon we'll witness betas like him pol-potted on the national mall. Game of Thrones style. Broadsworded.

Posted by: Hgkhb ()
Date: September 07, 2017 08:38AM

adsfdg Wrote:
> What a faggoty little beta male with the
> half-breed kid. Some day soon we'll witness betas
> like him pol-potted on the national mall. Game of
> Thrones style. Broadsworded.

I bet your boyfriend thought this was a great post

Posted by: What Are you Talking About? ()
Date: September 07, 2017 08:46AM

Shake my damn head Wrote:
>
> Back in your day - say, 30 years ago - the
> property tax rate was $1.35 per $100 ... it's
> $1.13 per $100, same as last year.

30 years ago, a townhome could be purchased for $120K in Fairfax Co. Now, the same place will cost $400K.

Your property tax rate argument is useless.

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: September 07, 2017 11:13AM

Please let's run with that argument.

1. Look at the taxes paid on those properties 30 years ago. Now adjust them for inflation. You will see the taxes paid on most of those same properties today well above the inflation adjusted taxes from thirty years ago. In other words you are getting more real inflation adjusted dollars today from those properties than you were thirty years ago.

2. Back when Fairfax County was taxing at a rate of $1.35 per hundred, the rate was comparable to the rate being charged by Arlington and Alexandria. Today that rate is well above what Arlington and Alexandria charge. Increasing assessments to rates well above what surrounding jurisdictions charge is going to adversely affect property values, decreasing the tax base.

3. Back when the rate was $1.35, that was the rate you paid. Unless you had County provided trash service there were no add-ons. Now virtually all taxable properties in Fairfax County pay some add-on tax in addition to the $1.13 base rate. Most residential properties pay at least $1.15. Commercial properties pay well above this. Many pay at rates higher than $1.35. Are you prepared to give up all of those add-on taxes to return to the "glory days" when rates were lower.

We can carry this further but the point is made. You are only picking the bits from the past that you like.

Fairfax County and the Fairfax School System are in trouble because they made spending and policy decisions during the 2001-2006 period when revenues were expanding at unsustainable rates, and failed to alter those decisions afterwards when revenues returned to more normal patterns. Even adjusting for meals tax revenues our property tax rates are comparable with Arlington, Alexandria and Fairfax City. We are not undertaxed. The problem is the policies we are pursuing cost more than our revenues can sustain, and politicians and others in the administration do not want to revisit those policy and spending decisions in light of current revenue streams. PERIOD. Any politician who argues otherwise has his head up his ass.

Now if they want to make the case that even though it would mean having us overtaxed compared to comparable jurisdictions, the RESIDENTS of Fairfax County would be better off if we spent more, fine. This is what the City of Alexandria did. They laid out an infrastructure improvement plan and increased taxes to cover the spending needed to carry it out. (There rates are still comparable to Fairfax's though.) The keys here is whether RESIDENTS as a whole are better off. Not the politicians, not the government or its agencies and not businesses, and the increased spending should have more identifiable results than simply papering over an unresolved financial difficulty.

As for politicians using kids as props, yes both sides do it. It is not fair to single Ryan out for criticism on this. Like him or not, Ryan is a shrewd politician.

Posted by: Ralphie the Prop Man ()
Date: September 07, 2017 12:35PM

> How dare a politician use children as a pawn to
> sway your opinion!
>
> Oh look, I pull up Ed Gillespie's web site and the
> first thing I see if ole Uncle Ed talking to kids
> on a park bench.
>
> How dare he say there are repercussions when there
> is less revenue! Back in my day, we had no need
> for a "meals tax" and we were the best county in
> America!!
>
>
> Feel free to look up "facts" and "hypocrisy" when
> you get a chance.

t_1502374146835_name_northamad.jpg&w=400

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.