HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Hot or not? Kings Dominion
Posted by: Kings dominion alum ()
Date: April 05, 2014 12:13AM

Hot or not?

Kings dominion used to be one of the premier amusement parks on the east coast.

I haven't been in 7 years.

How is it?

Has it been taken over by the obese like disney world?

Any new rides? Is Days of Thunder simulator back?

Tell me the goods (or bads)

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hot or not? Kings Dominion
Posted by: Stabitha ()
Date: April 05, 2014 12:17AM

If you like being surrounded by NOVA and Richmond thugs, you will love it

Posted by: Chicken Wings ()
Date: April 05, 2014 12:54AM

Stabitha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you like being surrounded by NOVA and Richmond
> thugs, you will love it

What part of a chicken do you enjoy?
I assume the feces?

Posted by: Fatty Boombalatty ()
Date: April 05, 2014 04:25AM

"Has it been taken over by the obese like disney world?"

This is Murica, of course it's been taken over by the obese. Although I haven't been there in 30 years so I can't really verify that.

Posted by: Big Nigger ()
Date: April 05, 2014 07:56AM

It's all black people. It's filthy and smells like an elephant cage.

Posted by: Gotdat Wright ()
Date: April 05, 2014 08:00AM

Big Nigger Wrote:
> It's all black people. It's filthy and smells like
> an elephant cage.

+1 Too many wild savages. India has their sacred monkeys that are allowed to steal and harass at will. We have our own version.

Posted by: truthforealz ()
Date: April 05, 2014 12:21PM

it's all black people.

Posted by: bahwhateva ()
Date: April 05, 2014 03:38PM

Kings Dominion is getting older and it shows. It may not be the "hot" spot it used to be but it is still fun and it is still popular.

Busch Gardens is a much prettier, cleaner amusement park. But KD is quite a bit closer and much easier to make a day trip of it.

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: April 05, 2014 03:54PM

Kings Dominion hasn't been the same since it was a Paramount location.

Posted by: Cocaine ()
Date: April 05, 2014 04:01PM

What's..."Kings Dominion"?

Posted by: Sam Adams ()
Date: April 06, 2014 04:39AM

bahwhateva Wrote:
> Kings Dominion is getting older and it shows. It
> may not be the "hot" spot it used to be but it is
> still fun and it is still popular.
>
> Busch Gardens is a much prettier, cleaner
> amusement park. But KD is quite a bit closer and
> much easier to make a day trip of it.

I was just going to suggest Busch Gardens as a possible alternative. I've never been there, but I'd be much more likely to go there than KD.

Posted by: White Bred ()
Date: April 06, 2014 08:35AM

We took our daughter there for a day of fun a few times couple of years back. It was like being in Kenya with nigs everywhere! We now go to Hershey.

Posted by: parent4 ()
Date: April 06, 2014 12:00PM

I think it's ok,, yes some thugs but nothing too bad. Put it this way it's not anywhere near as bad as Six Flags

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: April 06, 2014 12:31PM

It has been a couple of years since I last went there, but here are my impressions.

Kings Dominion is reasonably close to DC. It has a good selection of rides and with a couple of exceptions the ride lines tend to be short on weekdays. On the several occasions I went there were usually only a few rides that were closed. The water park is mediocre, so if you are going there it will be for the rides. The food is not good and of course is overpriced. If you want to bring your own you need to leave the park to eat it. Cost is acceptable. Patrons are not as bad as some here have described. Yes it is not lily white and yes you do get occasional groups of inner city Richmond kids, Most tend to be polite though. The park is starting to show signs of wear.

If you have to choose between KD and 6 Flags-Maryland, Kings Dominion is definitely preferable, even with the slightly longer drive time. IMO Bush Gardens is better park overall, but it involves more travel time and from my experience ride lines were longer. I can't compare it to Hershey because the only times I've been there were as a chaperone. I would note though that Hershey also is a bit farther if you are going from NoVa.

Posted by: King Dom ()
Date: April 06, 2014 10:10PM

Is the Grizzly still there or has is fallen down yet? I haven't been there n years. That used to be the ride to conquer if you were a scared child that wasn't used to roller coasters. Is the wild animal safari still there? What about the King Cobra or the Parrot-Troopers. Loved those rides. Good times back in the 80's. Lots of white people. It was safe and clean.

Posted by: d7njE ()
Date: April 06, 2014 10:48PM

Kinda off topic but what about 6flags jersey? I'm willing to drive a bit to hit new coasters!!!

Posted by: tTkKP ()
Date: April 26, 2014 11:49AM

Bump for more opinions- its that time of year!!!

Posted by: Coaster Fan ()
Date: April 26, 2014 02:08PM

Lots of nasty, uncivilized wild blacks at Kings Dominion. It's like spending a day inside the ape cage; little monkeys peeing and shitting everywhere. Be warned; little nigs think toilets and pools are the same thing. Their mothers are no better.

Posted by: RJR ()
Date: April 26, 2014 03:27PM

The two alternatives are KD and Busch Gardens. Like the other non-ranting posters, I agree Busch Gardens is cleaner and prettier, but KD is not dirty by any means. The food can be better at Busch Gardens too, not that it's gourmet. The rides at KD are a little better IMO, the lines are a little shorter, at least sometimes, and it's a lot closer to FFX. If you have the time, and can afford to spend the night at a hotel, go to Busch Gardens. The crowd makeup is roughly the same. Never had an issue with any of the people at either place. Busch Garden crowd may be slightly more upscale, but these are amusement parks.

Posted by: In Reality ()
Date: April 26, 2014 03:30PM

tTkKP Wrote:
> Bump for more opinions- its that time of year!!!

You will just get the same old horseshit from the same old racist slugs. Most of them couldn't afford gas to get to Kings Dominion. And the ones that could would forget to scrape up enough to get back. Bunch of useless morons.

Posted by: Jamal Stubbs ()
Date: April 27, 2014 02:15AM

Stupid white people. If Yall dont know that King's Dominion is short for Martin Luther King's Dominion. Us Black folks get in for near free. Its the negro Disneyland. We don't like amusement parks filled with white peoples either. Reprasent. Peace.

Posted by: That Guy ()
Date: April 28, 2014 09:09AM

Kings Dominion is celebrating their 40th Anniversary this year so the park has done a lot in terms of landscaping and painting. Weekends tend to be pretty crowded and they do run buses up from Richmond on weekends in the summer, so the water park can be overrun. There are some good coasters there, Intimidator 305 and Volcano two of the best. There are also two classic wooden coasters there, Rebel Yell and the Grizzly. Count on long lines for most of the rides especially on weekends. The food there is overpriced, but they do have a Chick Fila, Starbucks and Rita's there. https://www.kingsdominion.com/

Busch Gardens is by far the one of the nicest parks within 3 hours of DC. The grounds are landscaped beautifully. The food is very good to excellent, prices are high, but not as overpriced as KD. The park only has 5 roller coasters (compared to 14 at KD) so the waits tend to be over an hour on Saturdays. VA residents can get a funcard for the same price as single admission which allows you to return to the park for free until Labor Day.
http://seaworldparks.com/en/buschgardens-williamsburg/

Six Flags America. This park has cleaned itself up a lot over the past couple of years. Superman and Wild One are the best coasters at the park. Recent coasters additions are transplants from other Six Flags parks. Food is forgettable and overpriced. Waterpark is decent, but can be over run by city kids bused in from DC on weekends and DC school groups during the week in late May/early June. https://www.sixflags.com/america

Six Flags Great Adventure (NJ) - one of the best parks on the East Coast if you like roller coasters. Kingda KA has a 456ft drop. El Toro is one of the best hybrid (wood and steel coasters) in the country. Decent food, priced kind of high because of its proximity to NY. Offers a Safari ride in covered 4X4s with up close animal experiences for an additional fee. Because of its proximity to NY and Philadelphia, can be very crowded on weekends.
https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure

Hershey Park - great coasters, great atmosphere, and chocolate! Good food, nice selection of eateries including a sit down restaurant. Nice waterpark included in admission. Simulated factory tour and and huge Hershey store where you can load the kids up with chocolate for the ride home. Also offers a zoo for an additional fee and 4-D movie at Chocolate World. Can be very crowded on the weekends. Rooms at the affiliated Hotel Hershey (which offers a free shuttle to the park) run $350 - $700 a night on weekends from April through October. http://www.hersheypark.com/

Knoebels Amusement Park - (if you are heading to Hershey and want to make a weekend of it!) Excellent family owned park near Williamsport, PA about 90 minutes north of Hershey. No parking charge, outside food welcome. Excellent food on site. No admission charge! Pay by the ride by purchasing tickets. Excellent wooden roller coasters. Classic antique carousel where you can still try and get the brass ring! http://www.knoebels.com/

Posted by: LLTpp ()
Date: April 28, 2014 05:12PM

NOT

prices many times what they used to be.

horrific towers of steal that aren't better than old rides

they canceled most aquatic shows and theater, the safari, childrens things

they completely pushed cash toward monstrocities of steel

they can have it. at that price you couldn't pay me. and there's nothing there i'm interested in or would bring a family to.

very poor business skills. more likely intentional grounding: intended to destroy it

NOT

Posted by: JnjuW ()
Date: April 28, 2014 05:22PM

plus points on water park and concert area (if they have one).

but who doesn't have a pool nearby ? this is fx. co.

they had ruined / cheapened the eating areas (early 2000's) (before: had been high priced but so much more than a stop at mc donalds. they failed to maintain). had good shops and lots of dressed up employees selling stuff, and singing mushrooms: early 2000's all that was gone too

have not been there in long time. wonder why ?

Posted by: Last Time at KD ()
Date: April 29, 2014 07:58AM

Last time at Kings Dominion, I had the good fortune of talking with a very exceptional Black woman. She was slender, intelligent, and happy. A real needle-in-haystack. 99.999% of the Blacks there seem intent on living down to the worst stereotypes - obese, loud, angry, and stupid.

Posted by: water park>? ()
Date: April 29, 2014 03:35PM

JnjuW Wrote:
> plus points on water park and concert area (if
> they have one).
>
> but who doesn't have a pool nearby ? this is fx.
> co.
>
> they had ruined / cheapened the eating areas
> (early 2000's) (before: had been high priced but
> so much more than a stop at mc donalds. they
> failed to maintain). had good shops and lots of
> dressed up employees selling stuff, and singing
> mushrooms: early 2000's all that was gone too
>
> have not been there in long time. wonder why ?

Does addmission to the water park coste extra?

Posted by: yayaya ()
Date: April 29, 2014 04:16PM

HELLO the waterpark is included. only if your white

Posted by: Olde Farte 2 ()
Date: April 29, 2014 06:07PM

If you want to see how nice Kings Dominion USED to be, watch the movie "Rollercoaster" from 1977.

Posted by: niggs nigging at KD ()
Date: June 02, 2014 01:56AM

Its filled with nigs nigging!

file.php?2,file=136724,filename=manuel_j

Posted by: It's An Amusement Park ()
Date: June 02, 2014 09:59AM

Rides, food, the occasional asshole (not as many as here though).

Posted by: Whitey Hater ()
Date: June 03, 2014 11:56AM

Any one hear no if I kin pay fo food at kd wit my ebt card?

Posted by: Seriously? ()
Date: June 03, 2014 12:01PM

Whitey Hater Wrote:
> Any one hear no if I kin pay fo food at kd wit my
> ebt card?

You actually clicked the "Post message" button on THAT???

Posted by: KD crowds ()
Date: June 03, 2014 02:48PM

company rents the park for employees, it is a blast...going when joe public is there on a regular day...it sucks.

Posted by: belle77 ()
Date: June 03, 2014 03:54PM

It's worth driving the extra 2 hours to go to Busch Gardens and avoid the niggers.
They've ruined King's Dominion, just as they've ruined so many other things.
And there are still white people on here that can't admit the truth. They stick up for the niggers when, deep down, they have to know how these people act. They just can't bring themselves to admit it.

Posted by: Luther Jackson ()
Date: June 03, 2014 04:17PM

Yall stay up out of martin lutha king dominion. Aint no white pppl they aint allowed up in they no mo. Black rise up we owns it now.

Posted by: belle77's conscious ()
Date: June 03, 2014 04:35PM

Actually belle77, I don't think the obnoxious loser scum bag element that are regulars at KD are not entirely race specific. There are plenty of white trash douche bags who are just as bad as any perceived single race only element.

Posted by: belle77 ()
Date: June 03, 2014 05:50PM

You're correct. It is not entirely race specific.
It's 98% niggers and 2% "other"

Posted by: Mannnnnnnnnnnny ()
Date: April 17, 2015 03:54PM

Olde Farte 2 Wrote:
> If you want to see how nice Kings Dominion USED to
> be, watch the movie "Rollercoaster" from 1977.

AMEN! the park was much cleaner and safer and you didn't see trash frequenting it.

Posted by: bn ()
Date: April 20, 2015 03:03AM

White Bred Wrote:
> We took our daughter there for a day of fun a few
> times couple of years back. It was like being in
> Kenya with nigs everywhere! We now go to Hershey.

Agreed; the amount of smokin' sexy white ass at Hershey is unbelieveable. Unfortunately the same can be said at Hershey about the amount of fat white trash ass.

Posted by: Jane Goodall ()
Date: April 21, 2015 07:16AM

KD- Planet of the Apes

Posted by: LetsRock ()
Date: April 21, 2015 07:22AM

White Bred Wrote:
> We took our daughter there for a day of fun a few
> times couple of years back. It was like being in
> Kenya with nigs everywhere! We now go to Hershey.

They should bring back the original "Lion Country Safari" park where you drove your car through an animal park like in the movie "Jurassic Park" and they would get homesick.

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: April 21, 2015 07:38AM

Kings Dominion sucks ass now. It is overrun. The newer coasters are pretty good, but the food is terrible and expensive, and there's only like two places left to buy beer. And even if you can find a beer, you have to drink it there - you cant go walking with it.

Posted by: dYuEu ()
Date: April 21, 2015 08:20AM

Gotdat Wright Wrote:
> Big Nigger Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > It's all black people. It's filthy and smells
> like
> > an elephant cage.
>
> +1 Too many wild savages. India has their sacred
> monkeys that are allowed to steal and harass at
> will. We have our own version.

LOL!!!!! This is soooooooooooooooo true!!!!!

Posted by: really? ()
Date: May 24, 2015 07:39PM

Come on People! It is not racist to say the only time people get shot in the parking lot of Kings Dominion is during a Black Entertainment Television event. It is just a fact.

Stop hiding behind race and BS arguments. There is a black culture in the US that ruins schools and neighborhoods that has destroyed Kings Dominion. Go to Bush Gardens and you can see a huge difference in the way people act. That includes black people.

Posted by: really? ()
Date: May 24, 2015 07:54PM

If you need more proof read this http://niketalk.com/t/241580/yo-do-they-still-have-black-college-weekend

It is disgusting how these people talk and act. Do not go to Kings Dominion. The park needs to be closed.

Posted by: Name Changed ()
Date: May 24, 2015 10:50PM

Its no longer called Kings Dominion.

It is Martin Luther King's dominion now.

Posted by: DnVTy ()
Date: May 24, 2015 11:03PM

they stole the "Lion Country Safari" , cancled

gotta dance (though needed new script ) theater closed

yoggi's cave - closed

talking muchrooms - out of service

dipshits acting goofy going around park in suits ? gone.

even those quaint little snack stands that sold drinks or something to get you by on your sweety tired walk across the park - gone

sky ride ? unk - i think they're shipping it to DC and installing it for niggas

the scooby roller coaster (creeky, awkward fun, but not fast) gone. remote control stuff there gone.

WATER FLUMES - what is always the most popular ride (everyone knows it is). closed !! sure opened a new one but was not as good.

I never did once see a dolphin show in my life. THink they closed that unsure (seems to me they are very on and off about it - often it's not open - perhaps they are all backstage spanking the dolphin).

dinner theater and reasonable places to eat? (ie, not mc'donalds) closed too i think.

anthing that give you relaxation on a day off - not hyped up terror rides - closed

they sunk tons of money into contracts with start-up crap roller coasters promising shit loads of steel and speed would terrify customers into coming back

any fool could have said "what a stupid idea roller coaster is purely a 2ndary attraction on a day off with people having tired feet"

they did open a water section that was good. but i hardly saw that havent been there in eons

but everyone knew that. prices went from < $20 ticket to > $100 ticket and only "insiders" and "season holders" got tickets (that weren't a total rip-off)

i think they sunk that ship intently - possibly an insider trading tie with the roller coaster company or something like that

Posted by: FupEv ()
Date: May 24, 2015 11:06PM

they sunk a shitload of money in over-engineered rides from hell , closed allot of the things you need when your feet are tired - including food places

they jacked the prices up continually got to the point you had to know a FAIRFAX COUNTY GOV WORKER to get you a "discount" to get in the f'ing place

Posted by: VYxwh ()
Date: May 24, 2015 11:07PM

not that i care much. never had the freedom or money to take a date there even 1x.

Posted by: vhWmJ ()
Date: May 24, 2015 11:08PM

i began thinking - Busch Gardens Williamsburg - more laid back and kept the train

but really: never got there either of course

Posted by: w7txe ()
Date: May 24, 2015 11:09PM

^^ except as kid, dragged along, perhaps 1x with old H.S. buddies can't remember

Posted by: Busch Gardens ()
Date: May 25, 2015 03:14AM

Busch Gardens is farther, but has a much better crowd

Posted by: The olden days ()
Date: May 25, 2015 06:13AM

LLTpp Wrote:
> NOT
>
> prices many times what they used to be.
>
> horrific towers of steal that aren't better than
> old rides
>
> they canceled most aquatic shows and theater, the
> safari, childrens things
>
> they completely pushed cash toward monstrocities
> of steel
>

What! The safari with all the exotic creatures is gone? Hopefully not the Skyride though. And the Cobra was always a blast. And the Apple Turnover.

Love Busch Gardens and the Big Bad Wolf! One of the best coasters around. Haven't been in a few years though. The kids are still too young.

Posted by: PjWYu ()
Date: May 25, 2015 08:42AM

Busch Gardens is fantastic for toddlers-preschoolers. And if you get in in time, there's a "Preschool Pass" so Virginia residents 5 and under are free.

We got Kings Dominion season tickets last year. Used them twice. Clearly they are aiming for a teenage crowd. Didn't notice any particular ethnic group dominating or anyone really misbehaving. But the park is aging, ugly, and absolutely filthy.

Posted by: Juicifer ()
Date: May 26, 2015 12:13AM

I went to King's Dominion the other day. The line to get in was very long.

No more KD for me
Posted by: Joe Jones ()
Date: May 26, 2015 12:27PM

My enthusiasm for KD ended after waiting in the long lines back in the early 2000's. I was talking to my friend in line when I apparently moved too close to some ghetto chick behind me. She threatened to kick my ass if I got in her space again. I just ignored her since I didn't want to get involved in a fight with a mob. I always liked the water park since the lines weren't as bad. I remember waiting for an hour for a 30 second thrill. I just think there are too many crazy people at theme parks and you don't want to get stuck next to them in line.

Posted by: crackerkiller ()
Date: October 14, 2015 12:51AM

KD is fun the only thing is be warned you are in Virginia where brothers be fucking their sisters and kissing their mothers y'all white crackers need to stop that shit and do not go when the sun is out cause that fucks with whitey skin looking like salami yuk...

Posted by: bill graham ()
Date: October 14, 2015 06:23AM

Shut up, nigger!

Posted by: Cedar Point ()
Date: October 14, 2015 11:28AM

Cedar Point - Sandusky, Ohio #1 Park

Posted by: Parkeee ()
Date: October 14, 2015 01:06PM

Kings Dominion vs Busch Gardens PROS and CONS:

Kings Dominion-

CONS:

Lots of Niggers.
Dirty.
Over Priced shitty food.

PROS:

Shorter drive to NOVA.

Busch Gardens-

PROS:
Less Niggers.
Park is clean and looks nice.
Better (but still overpriced) food.

CONS-

Longer drive to NOVA.

Posted by: PE Me Jay ()
Date: October 14, 2015 03:12PM

The nog problem has diminished significantly this year. We've had season passes on/off for the past 10 years. This was the best year I've seen since we started going. Only went down there for one weekend tho - the rest was during the week. Went to Halloween Haunt on Columbus Day and there was no lines for either the rides or the haunted houses.

Posted by: The best VA vacation in the 90s ()
Date: October 14, 2015 06:47PM

The olden days Wrote:
------------------------------------------------
> LLTpp Wrote:
------------------------------------------------
> > NOT
> >
> > prices many times what they used to be.
> >
> > horrific towers of steal that aren't better than
> > old rides
> >
> > they canceled most aquatic shows and theater, the
> > safari, childrens things
> >
> > they completely pushed cash toward monstrocities
> > of steel
> >
>
>
> What! The safari with all the exotic creatures is
> gone? Hopefully not the Skyride though. And the
> Cobra was always a blast. And the Apple Turnover.
>
> Love Busch Gardens and the Big Bad Wolf! One of
> the best coasters around. Haven't been in a few
> years though. The kids are still too young.

My all-time favorite as well, but you're going to be sorely disappointed on your next trip.

Anyone remember Drachen Fire at BG? It fucked up so many necks in the corkscrews over the years that they finally had to just dismantle it and scrap it.

Posted by: Fat nigg ()
Date: August 06, 2017 07:11PM

Well don't ever come to six flags great adventure, us niggers n spics have takin ova!!!

Posted by: 3rd world ()
Date: August 06, 2017 08:52PM

kings dominion and six flag are good examples of what much of America will be like in the next 25 years.

Posted by: Gayvid_Blimmo ()
Date: August 06, 2017 09:21PM

As if U didden need more proof negroes R lazy. They don't want to drive the extra time to Busch Gardens, so they stop at KD. KD is full of negroes. There R hardly any at BG. There might be a fudge packer or 2, but they're no trouble. Sometimes, if U go to 6 Flags or KD on Tues or Wed, Ur OK, since the negroes don't seem 2 go as much on those days, but don't go any other day. The mexicans will go on Tue and Wed, but they really don't bother U 2 much, Their rug rats run all over the place and run in2 U, fall down & start crying, but their parents tell 'em they should watch where they're going.

It's not like suburban white parents when their unruly kids run into U, fall down, point at U & start wailing. These parents jump Ur case, when it's them who R bad parents. I tell 'em it's not my fault they're crappy parents & can't control their miserable brats.

NOw, if it's a negro child, U just say "Uh dindu nuffin' ", but have Ur hand on Ur Smith & Wesson when U do.

Posted by: Uh dindu nuffin ()
Date: August 06, 2017 10:10PM

I cut the artery in ya leg Whitebeard well before you draw up on me bitch

Posted by: Fonz ()
Date: August 06, 2017 10:41PM

I swear KD is like walking into the ape cage at natl zoo. Except apes are more civilized and have better hygiene than niggers.

Posted by: Daykwanntavarious Jones ()
Date: August 06, 2017 11:51PM

Uh dindu nuffin Wrote:
> I cut the artery in ya leg Whitebeard well before
> you draw up on me bitch

All y'all don't gots to be talkin' like dat. U bes skrimminayshinn en prejidiss, mayy-un! Muvvafukkah, sheeeeeet.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.