HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Weather Channel petition
Posted by: Ready for TWC again ()
Date: July 16, 2017 09:25PM

Someone should start a petition to get TWC back on FIOS. That was my favorite station. Accuweather blows.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Weather Channel petition
Posted by: okay I'll sign ()
Date: July 17, 2017 06:19AM

TWC has left a hole in my existence.

AccuWeather infects that hole.

If they bring it back, they'll put it on the Prime Excellent Super-choice tier, making it cheaper to visit TWC studios daily.

Posted by: MHJ79 ()
Date: July 17, 2017 06:59AM

Unless 1) Verizon and the owners of The Weather Channel come to a financial agreement with price low enough for Verizon to accept, 2) people leave FIOS en mass because of the TWC which not happened since 2015 two years ago, or 3) Verizon gets a lot of negative media advertising because of it (think of United Airlines dragging the doctor off the full plane), very unlikely its going to happen. If you petition, one angle to try is Verizon has ala carte pricing to some extent which is popular, but also similar to movie and sports channel packages, have one with the TWC as an optional add-on.

One option for you if like the speed of FIOS, keep it for Internet, but go elsewhere for your cable TV service which has the TWC. Depending on your home's wiring, it can be done as I had it done at a previous place I lived in Fairfax County with one outlet for TV and another for Internet (at the time several years ago, reasons other than the TWC, but that is off topic). The technicians doing the install not crazy about it, but more understanding if they find out why you want it done. Also you will pay more by not bundling services with one provider.

Posted by: Robert Lee ()
Date: July 17, 2017 08:45AM

I do miss the local radar. I use weatherunderground.com

Posted by: Whether or not ()
Date: July 17, 2017 09:57PM

I miss the crazy ass weather shows and some of weather girls.

Verizon will suck your dick on the phone... But when it comes to what you really want, that's when they flip you over and start pounding your ass.

"Say what, bitch?
I can't hear you!
Can you hear me, muffakah?
Squeal like a pig, muffakah!!!"

Posted by: Gay Paul ()
Date: July 18, 2017 06:37AM

Gay Paul from Sprint/Verizon is a bona fide bottom.

He ain't flippin over nobody, honey!

A good pounding is his dream but he takes, he don't give.

Posted by: tleec ()
Date: July 18, 2017 03:57PM

The Weather Channel has faded from relevance with all it's doomsday climate predictions and partisan features that are political and irrelevant to the weather today and this week.

Good riddance TWC.

Posted by: Jose from Norristown ()
Date: July 19, 2017 05:14AM

They name winter storms. That's when they lost me. I hope they die a horrible death and Jim Cantore gets rabies.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.