HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Late night spots to work in Ffx County
Posted by: book learnin ()
Date: July 08, 2017 01:04PM

Hello FfxU.

Got a little issue, hope you all have advice for me you all are a crazy but awesome bunch with powers for good. Been enjoying your antics for years, carry on!

Anyways to my q-

I work odd hours, not your usual 9-5.

I tend to do my best work studying/working on my schoolwork between midnight and 4am, that is when I am the most mentally alert.

I am bored of studying in my house, and have tried the 24- hour places around here, but most center around food and it gets expensive having to spend $10-15 for a plate just to get a table to study at at 2am. I don't mind being a paying customer for the space I am taking up, I get the principle, it is just during the day I could just hit the library for free, not an option at that hour.

EVen tried just sitting in my car on the side of a public street- and a cop comes by and asks what I am doing. I am like WTF can't even sit on a public street just because it is 2am? Had my laptop on a word document and a book in hand. I was parked a good 200 yards from any houses, with other cars parked there too.

I know better about parks too, closed after dark, if the popo roll up that is trespassing.

So- any ideas people? Like i said I have already frequented the 24-hour starbucks, dennys, amphora, and the like hoping to find someplace else.

Don't need wifi just power sometimes.

Shit if all else fails I am headed out to the woods with a tent and a generator LOL.

Thanks all.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Late night spots to work in Ffx County
Posted by: JKFXB ()
Date: July 08, 2017 01:42PM

Parking lot of 24 hour store - Walmart, some CVS and Giant Foods

Posted by: BLTJH ()
Date: July 08, 2017 01:51PM

The library at George Mason University is open 24 hours
http://offcampus.gmu.edu/where-to-study/

One caveat, during few weeks of year when classes are not in session, it may not be, so best then to check/call in advance.

Posted by: Hyatt ()
Date: July 08, 2017 01:55PM

Hotel lobbies. A big hotel (Hyatt, Embassy Suites, Ritz Carlton, large Marriotts) won't pay much attention to you if you are minding your own business. You may need to get in before they lock up, but some larger places leave the front door unlocked 24 hrs. You could try befriending the night auditor/desk clerk and asking, if they seem suspicious.

There's also airport lounges. And finally IHop seems pretty tolerant of people sitting at a table in the middle of the night without ordering.

Posted by: Stay home ()
Date: July 08, 2017 03:16PM

You've supposedly got your nose in a book, what difference does it make whether you're at home or sitting on the side of the road in a car? The latter sounds annoying and uncomfortable.

Posted by: NotaVictim ()
Date: July 10, 2017 08:49PM

24 Hour Fitness.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.