HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
remeber back when we prayed at school
Posted by: 1960S-1970S ()
Date: July 01, 2017 12:27AM

Back in elementary school To a wndrful principal. Mr.Yancy, would greet us in the mornings, calling us by our names, patting us on the head & saying Goodmorning. He would be there to say Good-bye too. He had a paddle in his office with holes in it, boys would get the paddle, bend over & hold your ankles.A boy who got the paddle told me this, I ask him "did it hurt",the girls would get wacked on the hand with a ruler. I got my share. We would say the pledge to our flag every morning with Mr. Yancy saying it with us over the intercom. After the pledge, he would say a pray, to GOD for his blessings. At lunch time our teacher would say grace. We had the right to pray to the GOD,say the pledge to this GREAT CNTRY,punch a bully in the face & not get in trouble for defending ourself.We learned that there was a price to pay for our actions, that everyone has a god that they will service, I was taught which was the true God, to LOVE our Cntry, to keep a clean mouth & to love each other.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: remeber back when we prayed at school
Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: July 01, 2017 12:42AM

Graduated high school in the mid 1970s, We did have the morning pledge. It was not school wide but was instead done in each classroom. It was a big deal when it was your turn to lead the class in the pledge.

However except for the years I was in private school we never had organized prayers. Some kids would have a group prayer before games or concerts. It was strictly voluntary and I do not recall any teachers participating. We did discuss religion though and holiday choral concerts included some religious music.

There were rumors of corporal punishment, but I don't actually recall seeing a teacher do it. The big fear was that the teacher would tell your parents and then there would be hell to pay.

I also remember being taught how to spell "country".

Posted by: 030,kng bmiu ()
Date: July 01, 2017 12:48AM

Yeah I remember all that, except in our school the girls got paddled too. My homeroom teacher was the football coach, big and strong, and he would line all the perps up--boys in one line and girls in the other one-if he left the room and came back to find it all in an uproar with spitballs flying everywhere and kids laughing up a storm. Hoopskirts were popular then, so the girls often barely felt the paddling due to all the wide wired under slips they had on under their skirts, but the guys really got whacked...

Then we would have these atomic bomb drills where everyone had to duck and cover under their desks...

Posted by: wally ()
Date: July 01, 2017 12:57AM

I was also taught how to spell "remember."

Posted by: damnn ()
Date: July 01, 2017 01:04AM

wally Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was also taught how to spell "remember."

They taught you a lot back when you attend high school

Posted by: altered boy ()
Date: July 01, 2017 03:31AM

I went to catholic school and got fucked in the ass!

Posted by: zeal 33 ()
Date: July 01, 2017 07:35AM

altered boy Wrote:
> I went to catholic school and got fucked in the
> ass!

Thats what Christianity is all about. They control people in the name of Jesus.

Posted by: SteveBannon ()
Date: July 01, 2017 08:57AM

I went to PVI when fr Heet transferred power to ft Lyle and they had the whole Spielberg incident, with that man posing as a hs kid.
Fr lyle would have pool parties with all the elite atheletes-mostly male.

Posted by: Scholar ()
Date: July 01, 2017 10:23AM

In the part of California where I lived, they did not pray in the public schools, at least not in the mid 1960s. In Catholic schools, we did pray. In fact, we prayed several times daily.

The Principal of public elementary school to which I went had a ping pong paddle he used to give spankings. It had tacks in it. The heads spelled out "MR. G". Anyhow, since I was a fuck up in elementary school, the Principal finally decided I was going to get a spanking. He picked up the paddle, pushed back his chair and motioned for me to come to him. I got up, bolted out of the office, had the key to my bicycle lock in hand, opened the lock, jumped on my bicycle and rode off, still holding the lock in my hand. I went home. My mother asked me why I had come home so early.

I told her the truth, since I knew that she would call the school, anyhow. I told her I did not want to get spanked at all, but it was unfair to use a pointy-tack paddle on me. I reminded her that even my father did not do that. She dragged me out of the house, into the car and drove to the school. She ushered me into the Principal's office. She told me to wait while she talked to the Principal. Finally, the Principal called me into his office. My mother explained to me that the Principal would not punish me if I did not follow the rules. Instead, he would call my father, who would take care of the matter.

Other kids later told me what this Principal did was put you over his knee, raise the paddle as if he intended to paddle you with the side with the tacks sticking out, but flip it at the last minute. The whole thing with the tacks was simply to induce terror into children. In the end, I suppose that the ping pong paddle would have been much less than what my father did.

There was a gym teacher at my Junior High School who had a prison strap. If you got into trouble, he would take you into the ball room during calisthenics. Everybody paid half attention to the boys who were leading calisthenics, but every once in a while, everyone looked toward the ball room and kept one ear cocked to it. You heard the Coach's loud command DROP EM! (that meant pull down your PE shorts), then BEND OVER AND GRAB YOUR ANKLES! Suddenly you heard a crack, a loud scream and in less than thirty seconds, this kid would come flying out of the ball room, red faced, holding his posterior and running a lap as he screamed. A more accurate description might be he half ran and half danced in pain as he took the lap. He held his posterior the whole time.

The funny thing was that in the Catholic High School, which was run by the Jesuits, it was rare that the priests or scholastics struck a student. You did sometimes get calisthenics, picking up trash or other work assignments as punishment (called JUG, in Jesuit institutions), but sometimes you got writing or memory assignments. A priest or scholastic who was teaching a class might slam a pointer on your desk or smack you lightly with it if you were sleeping in class, but even that was rare.

Posted by: hkxkx ()
Date: July 01, 2017 11:51AM

democrats would advertise school prayer was back in the 60's - because they are lying sacks of shit trying to write a new history full of lies

90'S (well, almost 90's, definitely 80's)

SCHOOL PRAYER EXISTED UNTIL THE BILL CLINTON DAYS, WHERE DEMOCRATS ALLOWED ILLEGALS WHO HATED CHRISTIANS TO SUE THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT FOR BEING FORCED TO LISTEN TO SOMEONE ELSE'S PRAYERS

the fact is until bill clinton there were extremely few non-christians to file a complaint to begin with. and there's the biggest lie: that illegals were here in the 80's complaining about prayer in school. for our area (fx co.) they weren't f'ing here yet.

it happened earlier in fairfax than in other areas of the usa

Posted by: questionplease ()
Date: July 01, 2017 11:39PM

Think dumb-asses?
Attachments:
11233996_1599273343659227_3065108730497531717_n.jpg

Posted by: test me ()
Date: July 02, 2017 02:08AM

It's been said many times:

As long as there are tests, there will be prayer in schools.

Posted by: Krystal Koons lover ()
Date: July 02, 2017 02:11AM

Religion is a scam.

Posted by: parishoner2 ()
Date: July 02, 2017 05:19AM

SteveBannon Wrote:
> I went to PVI when fr Heet transferred power to ft
> Lyle and they had the whole Spielberg incident,
> with that man posing as a hs kid.
> Fr lyle would have pool parties with all the elite
> atheletes-mostly male.

Did you get fucked in the ass too?

Posted by: Space Ghost ()
Date: July 02, 2017 08:30AM

Crime is much lower now than in the 60s and 70s. Looks like we're getting along fine without the prayers and paddlings.

Posted by: Blimmo ()
Date: July 02, 2017 08:58AM

questionplease Wrote:
> Think?

Just mine, of course, stupid shit. What the fuck do you think this is, anyhow, libstain? You don't like my religion, move to North Korea where the only religion they have is worshiping Dear Leaders of the Kim family. Libtard pantyboys like you would he happier there, anyhow. You can scream about how much you hate America all you like and they'll applaud you enthusiastically. If they don't they get executed by an anti-aircraft gun.

Posted by: St. Leo the great kid ()
Date: July 02, 2017 09:24AM

At St Leo's we prayed we wouldn't get fucked in the ass again.

Posted by: School days ()
Date: July 02, 2017 09:57AM

:)
Attachments:
IMG_5171.JPG

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.