HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
how likely are u to recommend ffxu to a friend
Posted by: okaa ()
Date: May 16, 2017 10:36AM

For highly likely press 4

For somewhat likely press 3

For not likely press 2

For never press 1

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: how likely are u to recommend ffxu to a friend
Posted by: Usual Dislaimers Apply ()
Date: May 16, 2017 11:50AM

Well, it depends on the friend. Usually the best of friends will understand there is a difference between all the content on the Board and what I would agree with personally.

So I press 3.

I do reference some stories from the board without mentioning it's name to some people, because I know the shallowness of their nature and their tendency to paint with broad strokes.
They will assume things without asking or think I support everything that goes on in this "place", though I don't.

I know at least one friend, who would go nuts posting sensitive info. about me here as a joke, if I introduced FFXU to him, but that friend actually is a bit "special", he would be a great asset here, but I can't be the one to introduce the site to him or he would just harass me, out me and think it's hilarious.

So it depends on which friend, how much critical thinking they employ etc.

I introduced my wife and after scrolling through some threads, she judges me by what everyone else posts.

She doesn't get the free speech environment and the fact that I may not agree with your opinion, but I support your right to express it.

We could have divorced over it easily -- she started calling me a racist, bigot, redneck, criminal, stalker, male chauvinist, thinking I was into weird stuff. One day she asked me why there were jokes about f***ing goats on here.

I told her I didn't post that stuff! She said: but didn't but you must like it because you keeping checking out this site!
I replied, No, I might find the dialogue interesting or entertaining and even downright crazy, but that it didn't mean I was "into" what was being posted
plus there are actually news stories linked and discussed here.
For quite some time, she continued to give me a hard time for visiting this site -- so I had to verbally condemn some threads in front of her:

"Oh that's awful!" "Can you believe someone posted that!!"

and Eventually, she was OK with it.

3 PRESSED for sure.

I am Sharky8 not signed in.
A couple of my favorite posters on here are eesh and chuck hoffman, among others who make sense and use critical thinking instead of being washed away by mass opinion or groupthink. The truth is always in the details of a matter,

Posted by: Doc Holliday ()
Date: May 16, 2017 12:14PM

Good of you to protect your wife by telling her the goat fucking was a joke, but we all know Gerry takes his goat fucking very seriously.

Posted by: Sharky8 ()
Date: May 16, 2017 12:48PM

^^ LMAO Yes Doc and I will be sure to reminder her that some of this shit on here is real!!

Like Gerry's goats ... or we'll just call them "Gerry's kids"

Posted by: Dr. T. Y. Sanchez ()
Date: May 16, 2017 01:38PM

Usual Dislaimers Apply Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, it depends on the friend.

^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^

If the friend is a troll, absolutely. This has to be one of the biggest troll wars on the whole internet.

If the friend is a liberal, absolutely. Let's face it, liberals are easily offended, so it's funny to see them blow up over nothing. Liberals don't understand trolls too good. You can tell them and tell them that a troll will post ANYTHING if he thinks it will get a reaction out of you. The true troll will think nothing of posting some ultra-right drekk to a topic then coming back later and posting some ultra left drekk if he thinks it will piss people off. Consistency? That only detracts from trolling.

If the friend wants to learn anything about FFXCo, nawwwwwwwwww. He'll do better calling FFXCo gummint and asking. We all know how much result THAT will produce.

If the friend is a logical type, probably not. The use of logic on FFXU only counts against you.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.