HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
pissed of teacher
Posted by: pissed off teacher ()
Date: April 23, 2017 10:55PM

I work for a public school system. This A-Day, B-Day scheduling is the craziest thing ever. As a teacher, I waste an inordinate amount of time trying to remember what I need to cover tomorrow, v. the day after tomorrow, v. a week from now, adjusting dates on my powerpoints, etc. Also, they have me teaching two different levels. Why can't we keep is simple: teach the same subject for 45 minutes at a time (vs. 90 mins) five times a day? I bet there would be less teacher burn out, less teachers showing up drunk, and students would be better behaved!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: pissed of teacher
Posted by: mmmmm jjjjj ()
Date: April 23, 2017 11:39PM

"A" alternate "B" days make it EASY to teach. If you have two levels, it is either two different subjects one day and two different the next. Each class will be on the same page. Two lessons could be taught one day and the same lesson for the other group the next day. You, the teacher, should pace yourself so that the aforementioned occurs.

Now, if two classes of the same level/subject are taught then there still is no problem...teach two classes of the same level one day and two classes of another level the next.

It is as if you were attending college again.

Ninety-minute classes are better than forty-five minute classes. Nothing can be accomplished in forty-five minutes!

I hope you are not lecturing in forty-five minutes. The ninety-minute block will enable you to perform: Passive, Active, Passive activities. Students should NOT be doing the same activity for ninety-minutes.

Review from the last class meeting and bring them up-to-date. Teach a concept and perform a quick assessment ( game, quiz, role play, etc.) at the end of class....do not forget to conclude the lesson (questions, clarification, etc.)

It is up to your school system to assist you with teaching in ninety-minute blocks....or a specific course in block scheduling should be offered by the school system. They should not take for granted that teachers know how to teach with a "Block Scheduling" approach....good luck!

Posted by: CMGGw ()
Date: April 24, 2017 12:28AM

I'm sorry it takes so little to piss you off considering you wwork nine months a year for pay that is at least 50% more in those nine months than a state cop or a probation officer who supervises felons makes in an entire year. Maybe you can learn the word, perspective.

Posted by: tbt ()
Date: April 24, 2017 05:33AM

1. Block scheduling is easy for both teachers and students
2. September, October, November, December, January, February, March, April, May, June = 10 months.

Let's stop with the "you only work 9 months" deal. We are PAID for 10 months - not 12 months unless we are administrators or work at Gatehouse. And before you start with the "you are OFF for winter and spring break," we are paid for 194 days. That is our contract and that is reality.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.