HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Helpful, hate crowded Walmart store, but like their prices
Posted by: 6ThvN ()
Date: March 27, 2017 03:08AM

Just sharing this because helpful to some, just an individual consumer who have used the service below more than once, and not work for Walmart nor have any financial ties, not even a stockholder.

If live in Fairfax Co. or No. VA., you can get Walmart's nonperishable grocery, over the counter drug store items, and other household goods by ordering at walmart.com now with free 2-day shipping (Walmart uses Fedex) to home with $35 order minimum at Walmart store prices. They do not have fresh grocery delivery here yet, except for pickup at the Dulles Town Center and Fredericksburg stores.

1. This is for nonperishable groceries. This is not fruits and vegetables, meats, frozen, refrigerated, or breads available through Giant Peapod, Safeway, or Amazon Fresh. With Walmart unlike the others, no annual membership nor delivery fees nor tipping the Fedex driver. With Walmart though, you can add on to your order household goods, office supplies, toys, CDs/AV items, etc.

2. You can order packaged, boxed, or canned goods.
* If canned goods, sometimes have to order in multiples of four to prevent shifting during shipping. You can order canned or bottled juice (not refrigerated), but water is premium prices, and soft drinks/sodas that people buy a lot not available through Fedex shipping (likely Walmart's contract with Fedex to keeping shipping weights under control).
* You can order paper towels, napkins, toilet paper, even laundry detergent, and some other bulk items.

3. Items that qualify for free shipping are ones listed sold by walmart.com, not by third party sellers. Especially some over the counter medicines are sold by third party sellers. Seller walmart.com or someone else will be listed by each item you are buying. With walmart.com items, you get their low prices, but if third party seller, prices are often higher.

4. They actually package the stuff pretty well. Say if it was a bottle of liquid household cleaner, they will have the lids/openings sealed with tape to prevent spillage during shipping. Look of rolled crumpled paper inside each box to fill the empty space in each box to prevent shipping shifting.

5. Delivery will likely come in more than one box and more than one Fedex driver. 2-shiping does not include Sundays, so if order on Friday, delivery will not be until Monday. Fedex tracking number provided through email for all shipments. For No. VA, most often the goods from a warehouse in PA, but some items will come from warehouses across the US. Like any Fedex, UPS, or USPS, delivery is to the door only, not inside your home like Peapod or Safeway.

6. You can pay with most any major credit or debit card online. Believe Walmart gift cards are also accepted, but have not tried that. They do not accept paper manufacturer coupons on grocery type items sold through website, perhaps sometime digital coupons for say electronic type items, but have not tried that.

7. If by slight chance an issue with your order, only one time out of several deliveries minor shipping damage, you may call Walmart online customer service at 1-800-925-6278 or on the website via email or chat (chat is limited to most daytime and evening hours). Representatives are US based, many in Orlando, FL. You can request a refund or replacement, or even return some unwanted item to the local Walmart stores (like return restrictions apply as with to in-store purchases).

Hope this helps. Please let know any reasonable questions can answer from my experience.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Helpful, hate crowded Walmart store, but like their prices
Posted by: 6ThvN ()
Date: March 27, 2017 03:34AM

Found a few typos in original post, 3am without caffeine, corrections below

Should read
Item 4. Lots of rolled crumpled paper
Item 5. 2-day shipping (2 typos above)

Posted by: konsumer of stuff ()
Date: March 27, 2017 04:45AM

I go to wallmart at like 6am. It is not crowded at all. I use the price match guarantee app and walmart refunds the difference of any item I buy that is cheaper at any other store in the area. It saves me 10 th 15 bucks a month and requires very little effort on my part.
I am cheap as hell but I like it.

Posted by: bxM9G ()
Date: March 27, 2017 04:59AM

konsumer of stuff Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I go to wallmart at like 6am. It is not crowded at
> all. I use the price match guarantee app and
> walmart refunds the difference of any item I buy
> that is cheaper at any other store in the area. It
> saves me 10 th 15 bucks a month and requires very
> little effort on my part.
> I am cheap as hell but I like it.

Yes, also use the Walmart Savings Catcher, which automates the price matching process, at least for grocery items bought at the store - takes a few days once initiate at the website by putting in your receipt number and date. Any difference deposited to Walmart gift card upon request (usually within 24 hours). Have used it over a year and earned over $100. There are times when I have earned as much as $20, other times just a few dollars, yet other times usually on smaller purchase totals less than $2. Only problem I see with the Walmart Savings Catcher, they for some reason and have not figured/found out why they do not do the price matching on some of items on the receipt, even for items carried at Giant/Food Lion/Safeway, the exact same brand, same boxed/canned/package variety, and same weight/quantity. I understand they cannot do it for vegetables/fruits or meats or anything that is a store generic band such as Great Value.

Posted by: hYnGK ()
Date: March 27, 2017 12:24PM

My trick is to buy ammo as well, you can check out your shit at sporting goods and go past the front lines on your way out.

Posted by: Freq ()
Date: March 27, 2017 08:49PM

But can you buy ammo from Walmart on-line and have it Fedexed to your home>

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.