HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
King's Park
Posted by: Fairfax Guy ()
Date: March 05, 2017 02:03PM

What is up with the neighborhood? I grew up there and it was pretty nice. Not the biggest houses, but for the most part people kept them nice and tidy and clean.

For grins, I drove through there on my way home this morning and it looks like the whole neighborhood has declined significantly.

It is a bit surprising. The location is great and the single family houses should attract middle class folks. Anybody have any ideas on why the decline?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: King's Park
Posted by: Perth court ()
Date: March 05, 2017 03:01PM

Fairfax Guy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What is up with the neighborhood? I grew up there
> and it was pretty nice. Not the biggest houses,
> but for the most part people kept them nice and
> tidy and clean.
>
> For grins, I drove through there on my way home
> this morning and it looks like the whole
> neighborhood has declined significantly.
>
> It is a bit surprising. The location is great and
> the single family houses should attract middle
> class folks. Anybody have any ideas on why the
> decline?

My family moved to Kings Park in 1971 and I was born in 73. Growing up there it seemed like 80% of the residents were military or government workers that were middle class. Even as immigrant families started to take over it seemed to stay middle class and even though the Asians liked to cut down all the trees they still took pride in their homes.
When my Mom passed away a few years back the old house was sold to some investors who made minor changes to the house so it could be rented to 5 GMU students. The realtor said that is the trend now in Kings Park as it is no trick to rent to a never ending supply of GMU kids right down the road. Im sure there are other reasons as well but college kids are not known for good housekeeping.

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.