HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Why are apartments overpriced shit holes???
Posted by: gfdgderewf ()
Date: February 16, 2017 08:14PM

Why are the apartments in the Fairfax area complete shit holes??? Why are you charging me $1700-$2000 a month so I can heave my DOWNSTAIRS and next door neighbor every single day. What the hell justifies this price for having such a crappy home?

I can put my head to my wall and hear every conversation from my next door neighbor, I can watch TV and hear my downstairs neighbor talking over my TV...

Is this area just overpriced shit and I should move or should i complain to the apartment manager that will most likely say there is nothing they can do...I hear EVERYTHING from next door and down below to the point where my mirrors and floors are shaking.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why are apartments overpriced shit holes???
Posted by: gfdgderewf ()
Date: February 16, 2017 08:16PM

hear* before anyone bitches about the error.

I'm also the same person that has the entire grass of dog shit and cigarette butts.

Posted by: Dr deth ()
Date: February 16, 2017 08:33PM

News flash, all housing is expensive here and has been for a long time.

Posted by: Is A Trailer A Deal ?? ()
Date: February 16, 2017 08:46PM

Wondering Just how much are Apt rents in Fairfax City area or Rt 1..??

2 Br..My guess 1550 a month plus electric..Low rent joints Natch..LOL Good Thread Ill start one..Hold On for Funny comments..!!

DAJAX

Posted by: Jones ()
Date: February 16, 2017 09:17PM

$1500/mo to live surrounded by the third world and walk through dog shit and Corona bottles in the common areas. It took me a few years to figure it out and get the hell out of Dodge with my sanity, home equity and life savings intact. I hope you do too.

Posted by: NpMVcNpMVcNpMVc ()
Date: February 16, 2017 11:57PM

gfdgderewf Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why are the apartments in the Fairfax area
> complete shit holes??? Why are you charging me
> $1700-$2000 a month so I can heave my DOWNSTAIRS
> and next door neighbor every single day. What the
> hell justifies this price for having such a crappy
> home?
>
> I can put my head to my wall and hear every
> conversation from my next door neighbor, I can
> watch TV and hear my downstairs neighbor talking
> over my TV...
>
>
> Is this area just overpriced shit and I should
> move or should i complain to the apartment manager
> that will most likely say there is nothing they
> can do...I hear EVERYTHING from next door and down
> below to the point where my mirrors and floors are
> shaking.

Where you livin' bro? Manassas? Dale City? Sounds like you seek out criminals.

Posted by: tmpYV ()
Date: February 17, 2017 05:02AM

Definitely dating myself, but prices for apartments in No. VA were quite reasonable before floods of immigrants came in (not against immigrants who contribute good, but against the criminals and bad of course). In 1975, typical 2BR apartment in decent neighborhood could be had for around $200-250 a month. (Someone told me in late 1950's like apartments were around $60 here, but that was before my time). First flood, Vietnamese boat people in late 1970's after Vietnam War which US Lost. Prices have since gone up from there with more immigrants coming in.

Better apartments, with better sound proofing, can be had for a price, say over $2000-2500 a month, one exception in good neighborhood is Stuart Woods in Herndon-Reston area with all concrete construction floors and walls, built in 1970's, better maintained, not perfect, but better than another one in South Reston. Also keep in mind the minimal Fairfax County building code for apartments requires only concrete on ground floor, unless apartment building is more than 5 to 7 floors.

Some hints living in apartment myself, better than most for under $2k a month, though wall-to-wall soundproofing is great short on occasion neighbor blaring music, floor to floor is lacking though, but neighbors are generally respectful given the construction limitations. 1) get top floor is that works for you, 2) move to neighborhood not next to commercial development and has no more than limited public transit which if more buses brings in illegals, other problems, so not a party neighborhood such as next to GMU, 3) related to 2) neighborhood with trees, 4-legged wildlife which calms people, 4) for under $100, a sound masking machine can be had if ultra-noise sensitive from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Adaptive-Sound-Technologies-Therapy-System/dp/B002SMJQT4. From first hand experience, it does good to block noise up to 70db, 10 times louder than normal conversation, 5) one with management where the company is privately held and not on Wall Street, and more customer and employee caring, and deals with noise problems promptly. My apartment neighborhood is in western Fairfax County (doing some Googling you can figure it out, there may be more than one, but since this is a public forum, not sharing the neighborhood where I live).

Posted by: Franconia Phil ()
Date: February 17, 2017 01:20PM

"My apartment neighborhood is in western Fairfax County (doing some Googling you can figure it out, there may be more than one, but since this is a public forum, not sharing the neighborhood where I live)."

That sucks bro! I was hoping to go to your place for a JO session.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.