HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
(703) 973-0231
Posted by: (703) 973-0231 ()
Date: October 08, 2016 01:34PM

Call telling me I'd won a stay at King's Creek Plantation based on an application I had supposedly filled out. King's Creek Plantation is a timeshare with MANY complaints against it.

File under S for scam.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: (703) 973-0231
Posted by: Ginger ()
Date: October 08, 2016 06:26PM

They called me as well today, I told the guy he sounded sketch, then he hung up

Posted by: King's Creek Scamtation ()
Date: October 08, 2016 09:37PM

The deal is usually that you supposedly won a cruise or stay at King's Creek Plantation, but you need to attend a presentation. The presentation is high pressure sales. If you don't follow all of their rules (like letting them copy your ID) you don't get the cruise or whatever. The next pieces of fun come when you find out what the cruise fees are and what the availability dates are.

Posted by: Will ()
Date: October 09, 2016 09:27AM

Same scam call as others note.

Posted by: Timeshares are BULLSHIT ()
Date: October 09, 2016 11:46AM

King's Creek Plantation gets an "A" from the Better Business Bureau despite all of the complaints. Why is this? Simple, the BBB will give you a good grade if you pay to join.

King's Creek Plantation is a dump, the staff members are rude and their sales tactics make used car salesmen look honest. Avoid this place and tell their telemarketers to go to hell after wasting their time. If you get an offer for a free cruise in return for attending a King's Creek Plantation presentation, good luck getting the cruise. Just mess with them, make them spend money trying to sell their WORTHLESS timeshares. If you look around, you will find people selling them for ONE DOLLAR just to get rid of them and get out from under the ridiculous fees they charge!
Attachments:
KCPBBB.jpg

Posted by: change the law ()
Date: October 11, 2016 10:28AM

Telemarketing should be outlawed. No sane person would ever buy anything based on one of these calls. At best, these calls are annoyances, on the other end, they are scams.

Posted by: Stephen ()
Date: October 11, 2016 05:48PM

I tell them I have No car or Money and can they send me taxi Fare.
They always hang up.

Posted by: letmeoutofhere ()
Date: October 11, 2016 06:25PM

Stephen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I tell them I have No car or Money and can they
> send me taxi Fare.
> They always hang up.

I answer the phone, "Fairfax County Jail" if I don't recognize the number. If they ask for someone by name I tell them he or she is in solitary confinement and can't come to the phone.

Posted by: Ying Ko ()
Date: October 11, 2016 07:40PM

634-5789. Yeah, If you need a little lovin'
Call on me....(alright)
If you want a little huggin'
Call on me baby....(mmhmm)

Posted by: Charles ()
Date: October 13, 2016 03:40PM

I got a call from that number today and the guy said he was from American Airlines and that I won a trip to Disney World. :P

Posted by: where it might have come from ()
Date: October 13, 2016 04:32PM

Call American Airlines and see if they are doing this.

If not, it might be the Vanginhoven clan. They have been known to misappropriate trademarks.

You can call them at (561) 232-6002, just ask if they were behind the call or a mailing you received.

Posted by: Marly ()
Date: October 14, 2016 04:01PM

Got a call today from someone with a heavy Indian accent. Could NOT understand him. Told him to hang up or I was reporting him. Eventually he hung up. I kept asking where he was calling from - he said Woodbridge, VA at one point. Scam

Posted by: Miggs ()
Date: October 15, 2016 06:24PM

Got a call from this number this morning. Rejected the call, glad now that I did after reading all these responses. I am on the Do Not Call list and if there is some way they got around that and called me legally, there shouldn't be.

Posted by: Art ()
Date: October 15, 2016 07:56PM

Called this # says not available. Scammer

Posted by: do not call list violators ()
Date: October 15, 2016 11:05PM

Miggs Wrote:
> Got a call from this number this morning. Rejected
> the call, glad now that I did after reading all
> these responses. I am on the Do Not Call list and
> if there is some way they got around that and
> called me legally, there shouldn't be.

They don't call legally because they figure most people will not sue. It is hard to figure out who the car warranty, credit card people etc., are, but in the case of King's Creek Plantation, they are sitting right down there in Williamsburg, an easy target for a lawsuit. Prove you were on the DNC, prove you got the call, testify that it was for them and you are $500 richer.

Posted by: F4CH3 ()
Date: October 16, 2016 06:22AM

http://800notes.com/ is a very good website for checking out scam telemarketing operations, those that more often pop up with more frequency in the last year on my mobile. Just type in the phone number you want to know about and often see dozens of comments if an annoying number is such (may only be a few comments if the number just started calling). And if you get a call from a scam telemarketer, also good place to post about it.

Posted by: Joli ()
Date: October 16, 2016 10:30AM

Got a call from this number @10:25 a.m. on Sunday. Didn't answer it.

Posted by: Arklj ()
Date: October 16, 2016 10:44AM

Got a call from this number on my cell phone just a moment ago! Did not pick up.

Posted by: that's entertainment ()
Date: October 17, 2016 05:21PM

Indian guy: you have won a vacation at King's Creek Plantation.

Me: may I help you?

Indian guy: yes, you have won a vacation at King's Creek Plantation.

Me: yes, this is King's Creek Plantation, may I help you?

Indian guy: what?

Me: You have contacted the vacation department of King's Creek Plantation. Would you like to make a reservation?

Indian guy: no, you have won a vacation at King's Creek Plantation.

Me: you guys screwed up again. You need to take this number out of the dialer.

Posted by: Julia ()
Date: October 29, 2016 12:44PM

Received a call that I won an award because I filled out an application. But they couldn't tell me the name on the application. Total scam. I hope people don't fall for this.

Posted by: explanation for what they do ()
Date: October 29, 2016 01:19PM

Julia Wrote:
> Received a call that I won an award because I
> filled out an application. But they couldn't tell
> me the name on the application. Total scam. I hope
> people don't fall for this.

They say you filled out an application because under the TCPA they need express permission to call you. You can sue King's Creek for this and put $500 in your pocket.

Posted by: TJXP ()
Date: November 09, 2016 02:46PM

Just got a call on my cell.

They did Not Answer.

Posted by: tb ()
Date: November 12, 2016 08:43AM

This person called me at 8:40AM on a Saturday morning. When I answered, he/she/it hung up.

Posted by: ds ()
Date: November 15, 2016 03:19PM

Guy's accent was so heavy I had trouble understanding him. Told me I won a trip somewhere because I filled out something about a Plantation (which of course I never did). I said no and he hung up on me.

Posted by: Del ()
Date: January 06, 2017 10:05AM

Got a call on my cell from this number but was on a call. After my call ended, I tried to call the 0231 number. Was told it isn't a working number. Glad to see the posts--thanks. will not answer in the future.

Posted by: 6Nc4F ()
Date: January 06, 2017 10:28AM

http://800notes.com/ is a good website to check if a number is a telemarketer or not. People post here. More reports for a number if a number has been calling for a while vs. brand new TM op.

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-703-973-0231

Posted by: Gruntled ()
Date: January 06, 2017 12:03PM

According to the law, once you are on the national do-not-call list, the only telemarketers allowed to call you are charities, and if they are using paid telemarketers, that telemarketer must put you on their do-not-call list if requested. However, if the FTC won't get off their fat asses and actually sue them (instead of settling out of court for a pittance and a promise not to do it again), we are out of luck. What they really need to do is go after them under criminal statutes against harassing phone calls, and get their stupid employees into court also. Unfortunately, I don't see this happening ever.

We are still stuck with the assholes who do "surveys" (and sometimes reward you with a time-share sales pitch...I mean a vacation for participating).

Posted by: JK ()
Date: January 09, 2017 03:42PM

Just got this call and made them work for it. Heavy Indian accented woman called from the above number, she was polite saying I filled out a form (I did not) and that I won a free trip etc etc. Said she worked for the Marriott or something. she never used my name or bday. Transferred to the supervisor Shane Marshall (slightly more understandable but I think Indian as well). He told me I had to go to their office and then the gift claim number would be generated. He couldn't really tell me why it couldn't be generated on the phone and said nothing of a timeshare. He said they are a travel company and want to use word of mouth instead of paying for advertising lol. I said I don't even live in VA and I know I didn't fill out any form, I visit my family every few mos. He said I could have my family pick it up for me if they came to: 14067 Crown ct. "port ridge" 22191. I didn't see port ridge on map so maybe he said Woodbridge. I also thought he said king's creek foundation instead of plantation. He said he didn't know my name bc the lady transferred the call but he said his number was 972-994-6722 x x125 (extension). I told him sure hold my paper I'll come by in a month or two and gave a common single name (as if I was Price or Cher lol). I was on so not callnlost but not sure if I renewed yet for year 2017.. if thy call again I'll bring up the lawsuit and say we have started a class action lawsuit. In the meantime maybe we can spam his number lol. I haven't tried it yet I found this site first (easily). Their website looks trashy and I imagine ppl are selling their timeshares for $1 to get away from them lol. I even asked him what the catch was and he went into the word of mouth vs advertising thing. Can't wait if they call back so I can string them along for a bit before mentioning "lawsuit". Thanks for this site it was immensely helpful!.

Posted by: So THAT'S it ()
Date: January 10, 2017 06:35AM

I keep getting alsrms in my Reminder app to call this number back. Never call it of course. Pissed me off to know the bastards are messing about on phones.

Posted by: B anthony ()
Date: January 16, 2017 12:57PM

Call I'd says call from Russia!!!!!!

7 039730231. Was how appeared on call id

Posted by: tink ()
Date: January 16, 2017 01:55PM

I received a call from this number except it says the call is from Russia. Comes to caller ID as

+7 039730231 says from Russia. I didn't answer.

Posted by: a useful resource ()
Date: January 16, 2017 02:59PM

This site:

http://sstaceykuehner.homestead.com

Contains some of the "scripts" used by these callers. It also confirms that the King's Creek Plantation address is in Woodbridge, VA-a garden spot of the earth!

Posted by: Just Bob ()
Date: February 13, 2017 04:42PM

Caller gave me an address in Woodbridge - 14067 Crown Court, 22191. "Supervisors' extension is 125. Can I get a thousand or so people to call demanding their prizes?

Posted by: CYL3v ()
Date: February 13, 2017 05:07PM

change the law Wrote:
> Telemarketing should be outlawed. No sane person
> would ever buy anything based on one of these
> calls. At best, these calls are annoyances, on the
> other end, they are scams.

idiot it was outlawed. national do not call list means: do no call

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.