HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Ed Long and the Board
Posted by: Sick of Board ()
Date: March 19, 2014 07:12PM

Fellow Fairfax County Employees. This has gone on long enough. We need to discuss real solutions to the County keeping pay freezes in effect. From 2009-2012, with one pay increase in 2013, and none in 2014. FY2015 budgets have shown no improvement and from what I can tell FY2016 will continue the trend. Already have I seen stories of teachers protesting by dressing down in the classroom. It makes sense: how can they afford to buy dress clothes on a meager 1.29% MRA every year. The pay freeze is beginning to affect people's retirements. Especially for public safety if you were hired in the 2007-2009 range. My amateur projections show that without a pay increase at least in FY2016 and beyond those people will not reach the top of their pay scale by the time they reach retirement age.

I'm at a loss. We need a bone that doesn't come in the form of a one time $500 check. Please help. Maybe a strong showing at the April budget meeting will turn some heads.

Open to ideas.

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.