HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Hey libcucks....Solid right SC for the rest of your lives.
Posted by: ..... ()
Date: November 12, 2016 04:31PM

Guess which President doesn't need even one Dem vote for his nominee?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hey libcucks....Solid right SC for the rest of your lives.
Posted by: Well ..... ()
Date: November 12, 2016 04:43PM

They could filibuster

Posted by: ...... ()
Date: November 12, 2016 05:24PM

Well ..... Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They could filibuster

Reconciliation. The same way Obamacare passed. As long as there are federal funds tied to the implementation, all we need is 51 senate votes.

Posted by: What a difference a day makes... ()
Date: November 12, 2016 05:53PM

Well ..... Wrote:
> They could filibuster

Not Supreme Court nominees. Much to the dismay of Harry Reid now. He's been such a good obstructionist hasn't he?

lol

Outgoing Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) said he is confident that he has laid the groundwork for Democrats to nuke the filibuster for Supreme Court nominees if they win back the Senate in November.

Envisioning Hillary Clinton in the White House and Democrats controlling the Senate, Reid warned that if a Senate Republican minority block her Supreme Court nominee, he is confident the party won’t hesitate to change the filibuster rules again.

Such a move would be an extension of what Reid did in 2013 when he was still majority leader, eliminating filibusters (with a simple majority vote) on the President’s nominees. There was only one exception: the Supreme Court. As it stands now, Democrats still need 60 votes to move forward with a Supreme Court nominee.

Reid said, however, that could change.

“I really do believe that I have set the Senate so when I leave, we’re going to be able to get judges done with a majority. It takes only a simple majority anymore. And, it’s clear to me that if the Republicans try to filibuster another circuit court judge, but especially a Supreme Court justice, I’ve told ’em how and I’ve done it, not just talking about it. I did it in changing the rules of the Senate. It’ll have to be done again,” Reid told TPM in a wide-ranging interview about his time in the Senate and his legacy.

“They mess with the Supreme Court, it’ll be changed just like that in my opinion,” Reid said, snapping his fingers together. “So I’ve set that up. I feel very comfortable with that.”

Posted by: I see the problem ()
Date: November 12, 2016 06:31PM

...... Wrote:
> Well ..... Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > They could filibuster
>
>
> Reconciliation. The same way Obamacare passed. As
> long as there are federal funds tied to the
> implementation, all we need is 51 senate votes.

You need to go back to governmeant class

Posted by: The GOP Will Hold Hearings ()
Date: November 12, 2016 10:27PM

On a Trump SCOTUS appointment to Replace Justice Scalia.. Of Course Dems will Filibuster.. The GOP will play their game..for so long.Let them have their say..Then they will wait the Dems out and when they get a crack in the Filibuster. Then That's it..Move for a A Floor Vote.. And Its A Done Deal. Filibusters only really work on time sensitive issues like Budget deadlines..

DAJAX

Posted by: 7PDym ()
Date: November 12, 2016 10:31PM

No filibuster for SCOTUS nominations.

Posted by: No Not Right Off The Bat. ()
Date: November 12, 2016 10:38PM

The Newly seated GOP Senate majority will write the Senate Rules when Jan 17 Comes.. They probably will not do that right off the bat..They will reserve their majority power and see what happens..Its a better political move to let the Dems Have their say and their obstruction. Then The GOP..Gets the Crack and ends the filibuster then just declaring No filibusters right off the bat.

DAJAX

Posted by: uUynD ()
Date: November 12, 2016 10:41PM

No Not Right Off The Bat. Wrote:
> The Newly seated GOP Senate majority will write
> the Senate Rules when Jan 17 Comes.. They probably
> will not do that right off the bat..They will
> reserve their majority power and see what
> happens..Its a better political move to let the
> Dems Have their say and their obstruction. Then
> The GOP..Gets the Crack and ends the filibuster
> then just declaring No filibusters right off the
> bat.
>
> DAJAX

That's already the case - No filibuster for SCOTUS nominations.

Merrick Garland wasn't filibustered, they just didn't consider the nomination.

Posted by: Thats The 114th Congress Rules ()
Date: November 12, 2016 10:57PM

And Each time a new Congress is seated . They write the rules..The Senate may write the rules with No Filibuster or they may not at first..and do it later If they need to. The majority party writes the rules and can change them too..and the Senate Majority Leader is the one who does it. We'll see In Jan.17

For those who don't understand..Congress.. Each Time The House is elected, every two years thats a new Congress..composed of both the House and the Senate. House members are elected every two years. Senate members serve 6 years and every two years 1/3 of the Senate runs for reelection. This coming Jan 2017 Congress will be the 115th.It will run until Jan 2019 when the next new Congress the 116th is seated.

DAJAX Dammn..The 100th was "Just The Other Day!!LOL..

Posted by: C6mLW ()
Date: November 12, 2016 11:15PM

Not exactly right. The Senate votes to change its rules. The way that Reid was able to change it for lower nominees aka the 'nuclear option' was to override Leahy's decision as parliamentarian not to change it with a screwy side vote.

In any case, Schumer and McConnell aren't complete dumbshits like Reid was. No need to fuck with long established rules of the Senate to do so in this case. As partisan as they both are, Schumer won't force it and McConnell probably has more respect for the Senate as an institution and its rules than anyone there.

Posted by: Senator Robert Byrd (D)Side Note ()
Date: November 12, 2016 11:22PM

Who a was a KKK member.. "Exhaulted Cyclops"..LOL or something like That .. when he was a young man..and Asked for forgiveness years later.

And that said..I will have to give him credit for Bootstrapping himself up from a meat cutter to US Senator..and a Senator Who Did Bring many good things to West Va..He was not from the other Old Money VA Bryd Family and is often confused with them. he came from humble origins.

He was a Expert on the US Constitution and the US Senate Rules.He indeed was.. True!

And his knowledge of the rules came in handy for Dems in many hearings.

In Fairfax Co on Rt 50 about 15 years ago, he rear ended a car .. The FCPD responded and were going to write him a ticket..But he pulled a copy of the Constitution out of his Pocket.. (Ya We've seen Those..LOL) and started rattling off Rules that he could not get a ticket as he was on his way to the Capitol for a vote..He was not!!..But the Cops knew who he was ..A US Senator who Lived in McLean..and his "Mumbo Jumbo" worked and he went away with No Ticket..LOL

DAJAX

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.