HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Remember to Vote NO on the Meals TAX
Posted by: sdadsdsadsa ()
Date: September 18, 2016 04:14PM

VOTE NO

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Remember to Vote NO on the Meals TAX
Posted by: sharonbulovasucks ()
Date: September 18, 2016 04:29PM

fuck yessss

Posted by: Lucha por $15 ()
Date: September 18, 2016 04:34PM

On it.

Posted by: mikebumpo ()
Date: September 18, 2016 04:42PM

bump

Posted by: The Rich Jerk ()
Date: September 18, 2016 04:46PM

Money from this tax will be wasted just like the 2 billion the schools already get

Posted by: xsddsds ()
Date: September 18, 2016 06:24PM

no

Posted by: Yes baby ()
Date: September 18, 2016 06:30PM

Yes!

Posted by: no new taxes! ()
Date: September 18, 2016 06:38PM

Right on niggah!

Posted by: BBarker11 ()
Date: September 18, 2016 10:39PM

Ehhh, naaa. The 3 bond referendums this year, totaling over 300 million, will surly pass again by a 2-to-1 margin, just like they continue to do from years past. However, lets not pass this meals tax option, because its a better idea to have only registered FF property owners pay for the bulk (~65%) of FF county services and infrastructure, especially for the increasing number of outsiders who work, transit, drink/play, & unofficially stay here. By the way, have you seen all the Maryland and DC plates parked in neighborhoods?

Posted by: BBarker11 ()
Date: September 18, 2016 10:48PM

The problem is, they could ask for 100 million for ketchup popsicles, put it on the ballet, and people will pass it simply because "it will bring magical happiness". They have been successful each year doing that. They need to not put anything else on the ballet except for candidates, the one reason why spontaneity voters come out once every 2-4 years anyways. Instead, hold a separate ballet to vote on budgeting issues away from spontaneous voters, and leave it to the people who actually look into what it is they are voting for. Everyone in FF would agree that money is being wasted here and there, yet a majority of these spontaneous voters will say 'yes' to all 3 bonds, and an automatic 'no' to meals tax.

Posted by: Typical libtard ()
Date: September 18, 2016 11:14PM

Vote yes!!! I love paying more taxes!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: typical contard ()
Date: September 18, 2016 11:27PM

I make $32,000 a year cleaning dryer vents, the only dinning out I do is eating gas station hot dogs and picking up some budweisers. This tax is gunna take my lively hood away. God damn rich liberals trying to make the working man pay more

Posted by: Ffxpiggy ()
Date: September 19, 2016 12:36AM

Let me tell you something, FFX County Board of Superiority members make me pissed off. Like I like living here, but the

Posted by: M4 ()
Date: September 19, 2016 06:52AM

How much do they expect to raise per year in the off-chance that it passes? It would be a hell of a lot easier just to have the brain-deads around here vote for 3x the amount in a bond referendum every 3 years. The idiots always vote "yes" for more debt.

Posted by: 9m6m4 ()
Date: September 19, 2016 09:14AM

The Rich Jerk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Money from this tax will be wasted just like the 2
> billion the schools already get

Plainly the money spent on educating you was wasted, wherever and for however short a time that actually occurred.

Posted by: Jeez... ()
Date: September 19, 2016 09:21AM

BBarker11 Wrote:
> They need to not put anything else on the ballet except for
> candidates, the one reason why spontaneity voters come out
> once every 2-4 years anyways. Instead, hold a separate ballet.

Ballet is a form of dance. You are lucky that liberals made literacy tests illegal.

Posted by: Math is hard -- for dunces ()
Date: September 19, 2016 10:10AM

M4 Wrote:
> How much do they expect to raise per year in the
> off-chance that it passes?

About $100 million. Way to pay attention, bozo. So instead of needing to find a total of about $4.2 billion worth of funding elsewhere (mostly from YOUR property taxes), the BoS would only need to find about $4.1 billion.

> It would be a hell of a lot easier just to have the
> brain-deads around here vote for 3x the amount in a
> bond referendum every 3 years.

Hello? Bonds supplement the County's CAPITAL budget. That's things like the construction and maintenance of schools, parks, police and fire substations, senior and homeless shelters, roads and other transportation, sewers, and stormwater management facilities. Major funding for these projects is received through General Fund transfers and state and federal contributions. The balances are made up from the proceeds of bond sales approved by voters. The benefits of such projects are apt to accrue annually over many years. Bonds allow part of the payment to be made in the same way.

> The idiots always vote "yes" for more debt.

You've got no room at all to be talking about anyone else as an idiot.

Posted by: cvhk ()
Date: September 19, 2016 10:20AM

Voting NO will not prevent the Board of Supervisors from raising your taxes. If they're going to raise the taxes anyways, let's pass off 28% of the tax on non-residents with a meals tax.

Posted by: We all need the meals tax ()
Date: September 19, 2016 10:35AM

Exactly. The Board is going to fund whatever levels of expenditure they see as needed to support the natural expansion of essential County programs and services. A NO vote only means that they will have no choice but to raise property taxes to cover ALL of the increase in outlays. There would be no place else for them to turn. A YES vote would make the job about $100 million easier for them. Voting in favor of the meals tax is simply a no-brainer.

Posted by: 746378 ()
Date: September 19, 2016 11:02AM

Gatehouse is meeting at Sea Pearl for lunch tomorrow to discuss this.

Posted by: KNemM ()
Date: September 19, 2016 11:21AM

746378 Wrote:
> Gatehouse is meeting at Sea Pearl for lunch tomorrow to discuss this.

No, they aren't, and you're a worthless dumbfuck.

Sea Pearl however is a very nice restaurant. You would not be welcomed there. Morons are looked down upon in Asian fusion culture. And in most others.

Posted by: EeCjH ()
Date: September 19, 2016 11:28AM

cvhk Wrote:
> Voting NO will not prevent the Board of Supervisors from raising
> your taxes. If they're going to raise the taxes anyways, let's pass
> off 28% of the tax on non-residents with a meals tax.

For background, last year's real estate tax increase of 4 cents per $100 of assessed value raised about $93 million. The meals tax would do more and cost County residents less. Quite obviously, YES is the only sensible vote to cast.

Posted by: Dmsoosn ()
Date: September 20, 2016 11:42PM

Bump

Posted by: Education Ruined by Democrats ()
Date: September 21, 2016 06:55PM

As soon as the Democrats pass this tax, they'll move onto the next tax.

We don't need to raise the teacher's salaries, and fund their retirement. We need to demand that teachers are competent, and can support their own retirement.

The Democrat Party controls the local education system, and they say, "Fuck You" to the children, and cry day and night for more money for teachers.

I'm voting for Trump.

Posted by: Voting NO ()
Date: September 22, 2016 06:22AM

I have yet to see a well thought out and supported reason to support the meals tax so I will vote NO.

Posted by: cvhk ()
Date: October 28, 2016 09:41AM

Voting NO Wrote:
> I have yet to see a well thought out and supported
> reason to support the meals tax so I will vote NO.

Vote NO for meals tax = Pay 100% of tax increases next year

Vote YES for meals tax = County residents pay only 72% of tax increase (and can self-select not to eat out and pay the tax)

Posted by: NO tax please ()
Date: October 28, 2016 09:56AM

> Vote NO for meals tax = Pay 100% of tax increases next year

> Vote YES for meals tax = County residents pay only 72% of tax increase (and can self-select not to eat out and pay the tax)

OR

Vote NO for meals tax = Pay 100% of tax increases next year

Vote YES for meals tax = County residents Pay 100% of tax increases next year and in addition, 10% on any prepared food. (And can self-select not to eat out and pay the tax) But remember its prepared food, some consider food an essential, it's not necessary to be "dining out." A a food truck at a construction site is included in "fine dining".

Posted by: Booster Booster ()
Date: October 28, 2016 10:10AM

You forgot one.

Vote NO and the county has to go back, sharpen it's pencils, and get rid of bullshit excess spending like studies on HS name changes and turf fields.

Posted by: Real Donald Trump ()
Date: October 28, 2016 10:45AM

I am voting YES.
Attachments:
1.JPG

Posted by: bpHPG ()
Date: October 29, 2016 08:56AM

Here is another reason to support voting NO on the meals tax. With surrounding jurisdictions already having a meals tax and Fairfax County currently does not, this encourages those living or working near the border of Fairfax OR commuting or driving through Fairfax say from DC, Arlington, etc. to further out suburbs or in the opposite direction to realize the tax savings of eating in Fairfax County (this has to be offset with the current even cost of car gas especially for the 1st situation). If the meals tax pass, then for those customers, then less of an incentive to eat in Fairfax as lose much or all of the tax savings compared with surrounding jurisdictions. Fairfax county restaurants then lose out on these sales and Fairfax County ALSO loses the existing 6%/2.5% tax on these sales ( http://www.tax.virginia.gov/content/food-tax explains the different taxing for eat in restaurant food vs. carryout food for home consumption).

Probably not a huge, huge impact, but something to think about. Of course, even with above, there are other factors why one may eat a restaurant or fast food in one place or another in one jurisdiction or another, such as quality of service and food, price if both restaurants not of same chain, convenient meeting spot for a group, immediate hunger, etc.

Posted by: meals tax = defense fund? ()
Date: October 29, 2016 12:00PM

You have to wonder if some of the meals tax money might get funnelled to Menville "Flip" Flippen to do damage control after his investigation by a California grand jury:

https://fairfaxvotenoonthemealstax.wordpress.com/2016/10/10/vote-no-on-the-meals-tax-fcps-consultant-menville-flip-flippen-investigated-by-california-grand-jury/

This is the type of crap FCPS wastes money on. This is why the way to vote on the meals tax is NO.

Posted by: don't know ()
Date: October 29, 2016 11:22PM

WTF is food taxed in the first place?

Posted by: good good good ()
Date: October 30, 2016 12:14AM

I hate schools so much. Gosh I hate schools, and teachers, and taxes, and family court. F schools. Tax my cheeseburger and I'm grabbing my musket

Posted by: Yeyruyruruwiw ()
Date: October 30, 2016 01:39PM

Got my NO vote in yesterday. Starve the beast!

Posted by: Vote No on November 8th ()
Date: October 31, 2016 06:08PM

Posted by: Pollster ()
Date: October 31, 2016 09:33PM

Two questions for you democrats out there:
1. Have you ever been opposed to a new tax?
2. Have you ever paid any taxes yourself?

Who's kidding whom? Every liberal is a leeching, deadbeat boil on the anus of society.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.