HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
"America Uprising" Call- Go F Your Telemarketing
Posted by: Scam Calls ()
Date: October 17, 2016 09:40AM

My cellphone has now been called five times from this Trump PAC trying to raise money.

GO F YOURSELF! I don't give to political campaigns. That money just gets pockets by friends of the candidate.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "America Uprising" Call- Go F Your Telemarketing
Posted by: outlaw telemarketing ()
Date: October 17, 2016 10:12AM

No rational person makes a purchase based on an incoming call. Charities, surveys, and political calls are exempt from the DNC.

They need to outlaw telemarketing and caller ID spoofing. Between the calls for Trump, Hillary, timeshares, car warranties, credit cards, mortgages and so on it is really quite maddening.

Posted by: nomorobo.com ()
Date: October 17, 2016 10:18AM

A free service provided by the government to stop telemarketing calls. Works great!

Posted by: Suspicious ()
Date: October 17, 2016 11:37AM

I signed up for the nomorobo site and it does work well. One ring from a telemarketer and the call drops. Hopefully they are being responsible with the info they ask for at sign up... Hard to trust anyone on the internet anymore.

Posted by: Scam is right (actually left) ()
Date: October 17, 2016 12:01PM

Something tells me the OP is a Hillary supported, so SCAM is right, you left leaning Hill-Tard!

Posted by: Gruntled ()
Date: October 17, 2016 12:50PM

Back in the last election, I was always getting fundraising calls from Romney, but there was this really fast message you had to hear multiple times before you could tell it said "Not affiliated with any candidate or candidate's committee".

If they would just let us sue the phone company for routing phony caller ID, I'm sure the phone companies would fix things in a hurry.

I would really like them to make robo-surveys illegal, because you can construct the only allowed answers to skew the data to whatever you want to report. I kept getting calls from TPC Research and I finally listened to their whole spiel and pressed the button to say that NO, I was NOT a registered voter in North Carolina. Anyone that stupid doesn't deserve to be employed outside of the menial service industry. Anyone in NC who has a 703 area code likely has a cell phone, which is illegal to make those sort of calls to anyway.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.