HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
New McLean Principal
Posted by: concerned McLean Parent ()
Date: September 02, 2012 12:40PM

Can anyone explain how the new principal was named- Ellen Reilly? My FCPS neighbors tell me it is well known with the school system that Ms. Reilly has been moved several times from school to school for affairs with fellow employees. The most recent was at Oakton, where she was having an open affair with her Social Studies Dept Chair. She was moved to Herndon and now 2 years later she ends up as principal at McLean? Can anyone explain?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New McLean Principal
Posted by: Unconcerned Parent ()
Date: September 02, 2012 12:45PM

I read this interesting review about her...

"Judgemental and non-communicative with students. Doesn't listen very well to student concerns. Suggest taking concerns to prinicipal."

Posted by: who cares ()
Date: September 02, 2012 12:46PM

who cares who she sleeps with, as long as its on her own time. just like nobody gives a crap who you sleep with.

Date: September 02, 2012 12:54PM

by the way, she was not the principal at herndon hs, she was an assistant, and same at oakton hs. guess thhe "affair" didnt matter or effect her work since she was promoted. why worry, its not like she is going to teach your smart nose rich spoiled brat kids anyway.

Posted by: concerned McLean Parent ()
Date: September 02, 2012 12:54PM

In most cases I could care less as well, but if you have been caught in the work place with co-workers, subordinates, it is an issue.

Date: September 02, 2012 12:57PM

maybe thats why she left oakton hs so she could continue that relationship so it wouldnt cause a work place issue. sounds like your worried for nothing.

Posted by: Former Teacher ()
Date: September 02, 2012 12:57PM

That fact that Ms. Reilly had an affair with her Dept. chair is well known in the county. Internat affairs looked into it and found grounds to move her from Oakton to Herndon. How can you one of your top high schools end up with this person as principal?

Date: September 02, 2012 12:59PM

Then why was the dept chair also moved- to South Lakes? I agree that nobody cares who these administrators screw on their own time, but when it involves employees, it is a problem. It makes you wonder how these principal decisiosn are made

Date: September 02, 2012 01:01PM

obviously they dont feel its a concern since she was promoted. work place affairs happen everywhere. she was moved so if the relationship is still ongoing, it wont be an issue. by the way, one"incident" doesnt make it well known as someone who has relations with coworkers. get a life and stop worrying so much.

Date: September 02, 2012 01:04PM

sounds like all you "concerned parents" should direct your questions to the school board, instead of bitching on this website. maybe you'll get the answer your looking for.

Date: September 02, 2012 01:07PM

School Board already approved her hiring, with all this common knowledge, just venting

Date: September 02, 2012 01:10PM

who have you slept with? maybe we should be concerned about that.

Date: September 02, 2012 01:11PM

What are you Reilly's mother or attorney

Posted by: only in Mclean ()
Date: September 02, 2012 01:15PM

Please invent some more non life changing items to bitch/whine about.Please go out and find your own job,

Date: September 02, 2012 01:16PM

sure, so how bout a list of people you have slept with. ill analyze it, and decide if you should still be at your job.

Posted by: McLean Parent ()
Date: September 02, 2012 01:20PM

No subordinates on my list, I also don't have students talking about me and my various hook-ups in the hallways of both Oakton and Falls Church high schools. You don't see that as an issue in a school?

Posted by: Awesome ()
Date: September 02, 2012 01:21PM

Looks like I need to start attending those parent-teacher conferences more often. With tequila.

Date: September 02, 2012 01:25PM

nope. kids gossip about anything and everything. the school board approved her promotion so they dont have a problem with it, and if doesnt happen at school (innapropriate behavoir) then it shouldnt matter what/who she "did" on her own time. its not illegal to have an affair, im sure plenty of the rich mclean parents do the same thing, and prob with coworkers as well.

Posted by: CPT Obvious ()
Date: September 02, 2012 02:01PM

concerned McLean Parent Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can anyone explain how the new principal was
> named- Ellen Reilly?

Pretty sure her parents named her.

Posted by: plus 1 ()
Date: September 02, 2012 02:31PM

CPT Obvious Wrote:
> concerned McLean Parent Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Can anyone explain how the new principal was
> > named- Ellen Reilly?
>
> Pretty sure her parents named her.

+1

now this is the FU I love

Posted by: Ryan weeks ()
Date: May 17, 2015 04:32PM

You parents should be ashamed. I had her as a teacher in high school about 12 years ago. She was an incredible teacher who was passionate about teaching which made others passionate about learning. Those of you being critical in a public forum about someone you have never met should get out from behind your computer gain some perspective.

Posted by: iffy move ()
Date: May 17, 2015 05:09PM

"nope. kids gossip about anything and everything. the school board approved her promotion so they dont have a problem with it, and if doesnt happen at school (innapropriate behavoir) then it shouldnt matter what/who she "did" on her own time. its not illegal to have an affair, im sure plenty of the rich mclean parents do the same thing, and prob with coworkers as well."

It's not a problem if it does not affect the other teachers. I taught at a school where the principal was having an affair with a member of the faculty (which broke up his marriage BTW). Anyway, it was not perceived well by the other teachers . . . the level of respect for her was dismal. This is the problem with having an affair with a subordinate when you are the big boss. It's just not using good judgment to do it even if it's legal.

That said, maybe she'll do fine at McLean. I don't know her.

Posted by: McLean parent ()
Date: May 17, 2015 05:48PM

Dr. Reilly actually cares about the kids in our school. She attends almost every event and takes time to hang with kids and the good teachers are happy. Even parents are happy with her. I will take her over that fake Jackson woman any day.

Posted by: live you long time ()
Date: May 17, 2015 07:56PM

reilly2015.png

Posted by: basically.... ()
Date: May 17, 2015 08:12PM

They are all a bunch of horny white collar criminals/thieves.

Posted by: FCPS Watcher ()
Date: May 18, 2015 02:31PM

McLean HS was the top ranked high school in the county in the last teacher survey on working conditions. It was conducted after Reilly had already been there a couple of years.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/local/wp/2014/05/21/fairfax-countys-stuart-high-struggles-on-teacher-survey/

(PS - thank God they got rid of the Stuart principal eventually!)

Posted by: Dean Wormer ()
Date: May 18, 2015 03:44PM

She's a good looking lady, very milfy.

Posted by: well........ ()
Date: May 18, 2015 07:23PM

Dean Wormer Wrote:
> She's a good looking lady, very milfy.

It sounds like she makes her own arrangements for that.

Posted by: Timothy (Mclean parent) ()
Date: September 21, 2016 12:25AM

Reilly is an obnoxious and rude lady. She ruined an opportunity for my son, a student at Mclean HS with her vindictive and revengeful behavior.

Posted by: As I said------------> ()
Date: September 21, 2016 01:20PM

They are all a bunch of horny white collar criminals/thieves.

She is a shining example of both.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.