HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
License plate numbers are visible to the public every day so why do people cover them up in pics when selling a vehicle??
Posted by: morons_everywhere ()
Date: September 02, 2016 12:56PM

Makes zero sense, can someone please explain this pointless stupid act to me?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: License plate numbers are visible to the public every day so why do people cover them up in pics when selling a vehicle??
Posted by: Fake License Plates ()
Date: September 02, 2016 01:04PM

morons_everywhere Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Makes zero sense, can someone please explain this
> pointless stupid act to me?

I buy a stolen Black Ford Explorer. I then go online and search Black Ford Explorer. I get the license plate and then make a fake license plate with that number. I drive around speeding past speed cameras and running tolls.

Guess who gets the bill? This is your license plate and your Black Ford. Pay up!

Re: License plate numbers are visible to the public every day so why do people cover them up in pics when selling a vehicle??
Posted by: Fake Plates ()
Date: September 02, 2016 01:07PM

It's this easy to order a fake plate- http://www.autoplates.com/state-replica-license-plate.html

Posted by: makes_0_sense ()
Date: September 02, 2016 02:14PM

Fake License Plates Wrote:
> morons_everywhere Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Makes zero sense, can someone please explain
> this
> > pointless stupid act to me?
>
> I buy a stolen Black Ford Explorer. I then go
> online and search Black Ford Explorer. I get the
> license plate and then make a fake license plate
> with that number. I drive around speeding past
> speed cameras and running tolls.
>
> Guess who gets the bill? This is your license
> plate and your Black Ford. Pay up!

You can drive down the road and see 1/2 dozen black explorers every day with their license plates exposed to the world, why do you have to go online and search for sale vehicles to find it???

Posted by: Curb Stoners ()
Date: September 02, 2016 02:45PM

Most of those cars are for sale by curb stoners. (unlicensed car flippers) They cover up the tags because there are no tags.

If you buy a used car from a private individual, be sure to look at the seller's driver's license and make sure it matches the name on the title of the car. Otherwise, you'll probably end up with a bad car and you'll have no idea which camel jockey you actually purchased the car from. Not that you'll have any recourse against them anyway.

Caveat emptor.

Posted by: M.S.-14 ()
Date: September 02, 2016 03:15PM

My crew earns for Mara Salvatruca by stealing cars and trucks. One of my cholo's old ladies works at DMV. Every day we gather a list of desirable vehicles that we've seen for sale on the Internet and send the list with the license plates to our contact. She then runs the plate numbers and then reports back to us with the address of record on the vehicle registration and then we go and get the vehicles.

Posted by: liar ()
Date: September 02, 2016 03:22PM

M.S.-14 Wrote:
> My crew earns for Mara Salvatruca by stealing cars
> and trucks. One of my cholo's old ladies works at
> DMV. Every day we gather a list of desirable
> vehicles that we've seen for sale on the Internet
> and send the list with the license plates to our
> contact. She then runs the plate numbers and then
> reports back to us with the address of record on
> the vehicle registration and then we go and get
> the vehicles.

First off, no you don't. But let's pretend you do for a second. Why not do that with every nice car driving down the road that you see? Why only vehicles for sale online? That makes zero sense.

Posted by: Greybeard ()
Date: September 02, 2016 09:09PM

Posted by: sweetheart ()
Date: September 02, 2016 11:17PM

Sometimes on tv news where they show a recent fatal accident scene the plate is often covered.

Posted by: phillyrube ()
Date: September 03, 2016 09:09AM

Because of guys like me. You know, on TV, when you see a phone number on a truck, I call the number, just to see who answers. With license plates, I google them.

Posted by: M.S.-14 ()
Date: September 03, 2016 09:24PM

liar Wrote:
> M.S.-14 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > My crew earns for Mara Salvatruca by stealing
> cars
> > and trucks. One of my cholo's old ladies works
> at
> > DMV. Every day we gather a list of desirable
> > vehicles that we've seen for sale on the
> Internet
> > and send the list with the license plates to
> our
> > contact. She then runs the plate numbers and
> then
> > reports back to us with the address of record
> on
> > the vehicle registration and then we go and get
> > the vehicles.
>
> First off, no you don't. But let's pretend you do
> for a second. Why not do that with every nice car
> driving down the road that you see? Why only
> vehicles for sale online? That makes zero sense.

Obviously, we can't steal every car we get an address on. Typically, anything rare or of substantial value is secured beyond the risk associated with acquiring it. Once we have scoped out the location of each car, the other part of the operation involves creating a diversion to draw the owner and or anyone else near the target vehicle away so that we can remove it without too much resistance.

Of course, there are also occasions where if we have a regular customer who has put out an order for a car, we're not beyond using force. But, the risk has to justify the payday. My crew gets triple on a job like that or we don't even get up to take that phone call.

As for car-spotting vehicles running down the road...where would you rather be? Standing on some street corner hoping the right car comes along or sitting in the privacy of the clubhouse combing the want ads on the internet?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.