HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Bad news for basement dwelling libtards...
Posted by: We all see you as losers so... ()
Date: August 24, 2016 10:59PM

Social isolation ‘as bad for your health as smoking’

Being socially isolated is just as bad for your stress levels as smoking is, researchers said.

Wednesday August 24th 2016

Having a small social network is as bad for your health as smoking, according to a new study.

Researchers from Yale University showed that a person’s position in the social network is associated with blood markers of stress. They discovered that the more people who would call you a friend the lower the levels of fibrinogen, a predictor of heart attack and stroke, in your blood.

However, reeling off a long list of those we consider friends does not have the same effect. The number of friends and relatives named by an individual, reflecting the perceived social network, is only weakly related to fibrinogen levels.

The association between social isolation and fibrinogen is comparable to the effect of smoking, and greater than that of low education, a conventional measure of socioeconomic disadvantage, the scientists said. What matters is how others see us, not how we see them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bad news for basement dwelling libtards...
Posted by: researchthis ()
Date: August 25, 2016 09:07AM

I read being a punk ass bitch is more detrimental to your health than being antisocial.

How is being antisocial stressful, if anything it's easier. Just reading this in the morning is stressful because it's just reminding me of all the idiots I have to deal with throughout my day, thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.