HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Fairfax Co. - Where were you on August 16, 1977
Posted by: R.I.P. Elvis Presley ()
Date: August 16, 2016 12:56PM

This is the 39th anniversary of the death of Elvis Presley.

A day to remember - Remembering the King.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fairfax Co. - Where were you on August 16, 1977
Posted by: King ()
Date: August 16, 2016 01:10PM

I remember as a little kid. We were at the beach in Va. when we heard it. I'll never forget where I was.

Posted by: Raggedvic ()
Date: August 16, 2016 01:14PM

I was in the three foot depth portion of the Vienna Woods swimming pool when my friend Tom told me that Elvis died. My dad was born the same year as Elvis, so I always knew how old Elvis would have been.

Posted by: 32 year old ()
Date: August 16, 2016 11:12PM

I was not anywhere because I did not yet exist.

Posted by: HI!!! ()
Date: August 16, 2016 11:27PM

Europe???

Posted by: I Was In Fairfax County ()
Date: August 17, 2016 12:01AM

But sorry I don't remember where .. other then he died. I liked Elvis.. it was a shock as he was young.. and fat. I think Kilton was his chef and killed him.. with a diet of Hot Dogs.. nothing but Hot Dogs wrapped with bacon, and pounds of fried bacon as a Snack. I still have a National Enquirer of Elvis in his coffin.

Elvis could teach Bill Gates a thing or two. Elvis is loved by America Forever! And one reason was his personal generosity. If he read about some one down on their luck, like a kid needing a operation or a working father or mother, he would mail off a 1000 dollar check. Yes he gave a lot of his money away just like that.. Gates comes off as a stingy jerk with no style or love compared to Elvis. get a grip Gates.. Give up a tiny bit of cash to poor folk down on their luck like Elvis.. Vaccinations of third world countries. For WHAT?? they don't have enough to eat to stay alive!

Gates should come in like the US Army Cavalry. And bring loads of grains flown in to them.. as well as flying in supplies to people in jams like earthquakes, floods, . If it cost him 500 million and he did it every year he might be broke in 167 years..

Damn that sounded good.. Just like A True Democrat.. Spending OTHER PEOPLES MONEY!

RIP Elvis.. you were a loved ALL American Guy and had a big heart as you came in here poor and learned lots of songs from the poor blacks with Soul and you were good with them TOO with many black friends forever..!

DAJAX.. And Elvis Liked GUNS Too Ya.. A Bonus..! can You Just Imagine if Bill Gates Liked GUNS!!!!!! WOW! Of course the would not be any gun shows.. Cause Big $$ Bill would Buy Em All Up in Advance!!

DAJAX The Wise man and Very Loveable Too..No Hate.. just get that border closed..and Vote For Trump..

Posted by: just saying ()
Date: August 17, 2016 04:11PM

Watching nightline on abc with Harold Rivers, I'm sorry, I meant Geraldo Rivera, on the show with colonel Tom Parker. Colonal Tom was explaining how hooked Elvis was on multiple drugs. Geraldo went nuts, half in tears, yelling at the colonel that he was a liar, and how great Elvis was and that he would never take drugs. Then as now, Geraldo was emotionally stable, and a thoughtful accurate member of the media. But I think he may have missed on this one.

Posted by: Abidin Dude ()
Date: August 17, 2016 05:52PM

There was a murder-suicide and the perp set the house on fire. It was right across from where the houses blew up in the big gas explosion in Canterbury Woods.

Posted by: Greybeard ()
Date: August 17, 2016 08:55PM

I was playing pinball in a pool hall!

Posted by: True the Vote! ()
Date: August 17, 2016 09:48PM

Football camp. A coach told my teammate his uncle passed away, it was hot like Africa, kinda like today and yesterday.

Posted by: Marxist ()
Date: August 17, 2016 10:00PM

I was more upset about the death of Groucho Marx within a day or two of Elvis. In my opinion it was completely overshadowed and ignored by the King's demise.

Posted by: This Mortal Coil ()
Date: August 17, 2016 10:11PM

Raggedvic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was in the three foot depth portion of the
> Vienna Woods swimming pool when my friend Tom told
> me that Elvis died. My dad was born the same year
> as Elvis, so I always knew how old Elvis would
> have been.

I wasn't far from you. I was at Oakton Park Apt. pool.
Probably my first memory of a big historic event.

Posted by: wally ()
Date: August 17, 2016 10:28PM

I was on my way to visit relatives in Illinois. I was only 7 and didn't know who Elvis was. All they played on the car radio was Elvis songs on every single station. I just remember my mom crying a lot.

Posted by: Let's be Smart ()
Date: August 17, 2016 10:40PM

How about, "Where were you when Speaker Knockerz (an awesome rapper, Google him to see something great) died on March 7, 2014". At the time, you were probably wasting your life, fuming about more impossible ideals and engaging stupidity here. Just an example for far-better and far more popular rappers of today. Don't be stupid.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.