HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
BREAKING NEWS Fairfax mayor Richard “Scott” Silverthorne set to resign after arrest
Posted by: Fox News ()
Date: August 08, 2016 04:58PM

SILVERTHORNE2.jpg

http://wtop.com/fairfax-county/2016/08/city-of-fairfax-mayor-plans-to-resign-after-sex-for-drugs-arrest/

4:53 pm, August 8, 2016
80°

City of Fairfax, Virginia, Mayor Richard “Scott” Silverthorne plans to resign at noon Thursday. His resignation comes after his arrest last week in what police say was a sex-for-methamphetamine deal.

The City of Fairfax said in a release that the City Council has scheduled a special meeting at 7 p.m. Aug. 9 in the City Hall Annex at 10455 Armstrong St. in Fairfax.

Fairfax County police arrested the three-time mayor Thursday, Aug. 4 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Tysons Corner. He and two other men that police said were his suppliers were arrested for distribution of methamphetamine.

When an undercover detective met with Silverthorne at the hotel, police said Silverthorne provided two grams of methamphetamine.

The detective had been in contact with Silverthorned through a website used to arrange encounters between men, and then by text message.

Silverthorne will be arraigned Wednesday on charges of felony distribution of methamphetamine and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia.

Silverthorne on Aug. 5 appointed Council member Jeff Greenfield to be the acting mayor.

“The City of Faifax City Council appreciates Mr. Silverthorne’s longstanding dedication to the community. He has served the City of Fairfax as a Coucilmember and Mayor for more than a quarter century. The community has benefited from his dedication and his vision for making Fairfax an excellent place to live and work,” Greenfield wrote in announcing his appointment over the weekend.

The City of Fairfax says city operations are continuing as usual. Day-to-day operations are administered by a city manager.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2016 05:45PM by Fox News.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: BREAKING NEWS Fairfax mayor set to resign after arrest
Date: August 08, 2016 05:45PM

Very sad

Re: BREAKING NEWS Fairfax mayor Richard “Scott” Silverthorne set to resign after arrest
Posted by: H4Hy6 ()
Date: August 08, 2016 06:08PM

watch these sacks of fairfax shit very closely

their will be appointed a "default Mayor" who is not elected

if they do not begin process to hold an election in 30 days they are breaking the law moreso than Rod Blagojevich, who didn't even get 30 days to begin but was arrested by DEMOCRATS

MARK MY WORD THEY WILL USE THIS TO INSURE A DEMOCRAT IS INSTALL, PASSING THE TORCH

you'll see later down the road: the charges will be insignificant or dropped, quietly, but the new DeMOCRAT mayor's powers will not be

Re: BREAKING NEWS Fairfax mayor Richard “Scott” Silverthorne set to resign after arrest
Posted by: NJU6e ()
Date: August 08, 2016 06:09PM

how to run a county without really having elections

redistrict, create new regions, automaticall appoint, run against no one

fx co gov has done them all

Posted by: by appointment only ()
Date: August 08, 2016 06:23PM

H4Hy6 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>

> watch these sacks of fairfax shit very closely
>
> their will be appointed a "default Mayor" who is
> not elected
>
> if they do not begin process to hold an election
> in 30 days they are breaking the law moreso than
> Rod Blagojevich, who didn't even get 30 days to
> begin but was arrested by DEMOCRATS
>
> MARK MY WORD THEY WILL USE THIS TO INSURE A
> DEMOCRAT IS INSTALL, PASSING THE TORCH
>
> you'll see later down the road: the charges will
> be insignificant or dropped, quietly, but the new
> DeMOCRAT mayor's powers will not be
>

THIS. EXACTLY.

Only it's not so much about the Democrats. It's an appointment of who will join the sheep who Silverthorne slated for the Council.

There are many wheels Silverthorne had in motion with the City Manager and those are being investigated too.

Big Big Big problems ahead for this Council and City Manager. It's too late to run defense now.

Date: August 08, 2016 07:48PM

He is pleading not innocent

Posted by: limited sympathy ()
Date: August 08, 2016 07:54PM

Fox News Wrote:
> Very sad

I don't know that I could call it very sad. I mean this man was completely off the rails - meth in exchange for group sex, wth?? I think the citizens are better off w/o this guy in office. His life had been circling the toilet for a while and he opted to flush.

Now I guess all there is to do is let justice be served. And let this guy move on to a new chapter of his life.

Date: August 08, 2016 08:42PM

limited sympathy Wrote:
> Fox News Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Very sad
>
> I don't know that I could call it very sad. I
> mean this man was completely off the rails - meth
> in exchange for group sex, wth?? I think the
> citizens are better off w/o this guy in office.
> His life had been circling the toilet for a while
> and he opted to flush.
>
> Now I guess all there is to do is let justice be
> served. And let this guy move on to a new chapter
> of his life.

He was expected to replace rep Connolly

Posted by: reflection16 ()
Date: August 09, 2016 11:47AM

Very sad indeed................

I graduated from Fairfax HS 32 years ago with Scott. He was so cocky, arrogant, pretentious and just a bit of a prick. I remember he always drove to school in a shiny relatively new convertible black Cadillac, I think a Feetwood and really shoved his affluence in peoples faces.

Back then if you would have told me Scott Silverthorne in 2016 would be bankrupt, unemployed, unemployable, homeless, openly gay after being married to two women, dealing meth for group relations with strange me, a disgraced mayor on a national level, an embarrassment to the City of Fairfax and Fairfax HS etc. etc. I doubt I would have put much money on that bet or would anyone else.

Scott always ran with the affluent kids, the ones who went to Ivy League schools or the very high achievers. I just have to wonder how many of them hitch their wagon to him now.

Even though I never cared for the little shit, I went through some very tough times my first few years out of HS and thankfully learned and grew from it. I seriously hope he gets the support and help he needs, he has really lost control of his life. I would hope he has people keeping an eye on him because I could see him taking his own life, I mean the guys life is a sliver of what it used to be at one time. I have heard rumors, yes rumors, that his own family wants nothing to do with him.

Posted by: Really??? ()
Date: August 09, 2016 12:05PM

Posted by: Herbert Kornfeld ()
Date: August 09, 2016 12:11PM

Why would a democrat ever resign?

Republicans resign in shame. Japanese officials kill themselves over shit like this...but a democrat? They just say shit like "oh stop dredging up the past" and "at this point what difference does it make?" and just keep holding office. And their idiot voters will keep re-electing them.

Posted by: Body Count ()
Date: August 09, 2016 12:16PM

How many men did he expect would be at the hotel waiting to bang him in the poo hole?

Posted by: L9Mbt ()
Date: August 09, 2016 03:01PM

Oh, Mr. Mayor, Mr. Mayor.
Attachments:
image.png

Posted by: MaGrough teh Cryme Dawg ()
Date: August 09, 2016 03:06PM

Is he a bottom or a top?

Posted by: Please stop the madness ()
Date: August 09, 2016 08:32PM

Scott... Step away from the podium and get your life together. You have caused harm to my fine city. Be gone with you!!!

Posted by: Fitz ()
Date: August 10, 2016 06:46AM

Herbert Kornfeld Wrote:
> Why would a democrat ever resign?
>
> Republicans resign in shame. Japanese officials
> kill themselves over shit like this...but a
> democrat? They just say shit like "oh stop
> dredging up the past" and "at this point what
> difference does it make?" and just keep holding
> office. And their idiot voters will keep
> re-electing them.

+1

Liberals love felons, and strongly prefer them over law-abiding people.

Posted by: Vienna laughs at Fairfax ()
Date: August 11, 2016 03:23PM

So is he done or is he working till close of business today?

Posted by: cPx96 ()
Date: August 11, 2016 04:18PM

MaGrough teh Cryme Dawg Wrote:
> Is he a bottom or a top?

Obviously a bottom.

Posted by: Second that. ()
Date: August 11, 2016 05:29PM

He's a bottom.

Date: August 12, 2016 01:06PM

I will be running for mayor. Vote for me!

Posted by: Tax man ()
Date: August 12, 2016 01:08PM

Fox News Wrote:
> I will be running for mayor. Vote for me!

First we need to know your position on the meals tax?

Posted by: No Tax Man ()
Date: August 12, 2016 01:17PM

Let's start by getting rid of the City of Fairfax meals tax.

Posted by: mXwuM ()
Date: August 12, 2016 01:39PM

Chuck the "at large" system and go with wards for the City Council.
More neighborhood representation that way.

Posted by: CGX3G ()
Date: August 12, 2016 03:53PM

Fox News Wrote:
> I will be running for mayor. Vote for me!

You're too late, in general.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.