HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Where can I seek out a developer who may be interested in tearing down my old rambler and building a mega mansion on my former property?
Posted by: BYE BYE NOVA ()
Date: August 04, 2016 02:43PM

How do I get into contact with one of them? The sooner the better.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Where can I seek out a developer who may be interested in tearing down my old rambler and building a mega mansion on my former property?
Posted by: realtorz ()
Date: August 04, 2016 03:04PM

Hire an experienced realtor, price it right and somebody will buy it. Maybe they'll tear it down and maybe they won't, what business is it of yours?

If it's a dump in a desirable neighborhood, the odds of a teardown improve.

Re: Where can I seek out a developer who may be interested in tearing down my old rambler and building a mega mansion on my former property?
Posted by: Reality Calling ()
Date: August 04, 2016 04:22PM

If you have a desirable lot in a desirable area, they will contact you to persuade you to sell. If you haven't heard from developers, then you probably don't meet that criteria.

Posted by: Other options ()
Date: August 04, 2016 07:42PM

If you live somewhere like North Springfield or Edsall Park, you should instead build an ugly, nonsensical addition that doesn't match and is twice the size of the original house. Pave as much of the front yard as possible and also never mow the lawn. This will be in keeping with current convention.

Posted by: Lottery loser ()
Date: August 04, 2016 07:57PM

No legitimate will year anything down on your former property. They like to have the owner's permission before they demolish something.

That being said, FXU is a good place to seek out hoodlums who might just want to demolish your former property.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.