HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Flip Flippen: The Truth Must Be Told!
Posted by: vote no on the meals tax ()
Date: July 31, 2016 02:27PM

Read about this consultant with dubious qualifications who has been known to ask for, and get, $10,000 to give a one hour speech!

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/2273794.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Flip Flippen: The Truth Must Be Told!
Posted by: You Go, Flipster ()
Date: July 31, 2016 02:35PM

Just put the word "asshole" into google and find all you'll ever need to know about the OP. What a worthless horse's ass. As the link below proves, Flip Flippen rocks, and everybody knows it.

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read.php?2,2084758,2084758

Posted by: Hello, CLOWNBOY ()
Date: July 31, 2016 02:45PM

Clownboy only follows links about Miley Cyrus.

He should, however, look at this one:

http://spedphilosopher.blogspot.com/2009/02/nasty-nexus-unsavory-mix-between-public.html

Flip Flippen is not qualified to receive FCPS funds, plain and simple!

Posted by: HLHwE ()
Date: July 31, 2016 02:48PM

You're not qualified for anything but an endless series of swift kicks in the ass. Go fuck yourself, you lame-ass pointless loser.

Posted by: I am Spartacus ()
Date: July 31, 2016 03:18PM

HLHwE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You're not qualified for anything but an endless
> series of swift kicks in the ass. Go fuck
> yourself, you lame-ass pointless loser.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
-George Orwell

“Secrecy is the keystone to all tyranny. Not force, but secrecy and censorship. When any government or church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man who has been hoodwinked in this fashion; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, whose mind is free. No, not the rack nor the atomic bomb, not anything. You can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.”
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
-Isaac Asimov

Posted by: 34NpM ()
Date: July 31, 2016 03:27PM

Go fuck yourself, asshole. You are too stupid to keep up with anyone. The wages of being a congenital dumbfuck. Maybe one day, liberals will find a way to cure you. Until then, just go fuck yourself and stay out of actual people's way.

Posted by: was I adopted? ()
Date: July 31, 2016 03:38PM

34NpM Wrote:
> Go fuck yourself, asshole. You are too stupid to
> keep up with anyone. The wages of being a
> congenital dumbfuck. Maybe one day, liberals will
> find a way to cure you. Until then, just go fuck
> yourself and stay out of actual people's way.

I was not aware that being a dumbfuck was congenital. I'm sure you could cite some peer reviewed articles to support your assertion. I'd also be curious to know where you got some of my DNA. I must also ask around, as the man and woman who raised me were anything but dumbfucks. Perhaps, in your mind, it is some kind of generation skipping phenomenon.

I'm sure many people are hanging on your every word, waiting for revelations about cures for genetic disorders.

I must also admit to wondering who "actual people" are.

Finally, apart from screaming "pass the meals tax, FCPS and the County need more money" do you have any other ideas about how to solve some of the problems in this community. Why don't you perform a thought experiment (take a break from genetics). What would, and then should, happen if the meals tax is not passed?

Posted by: question about Flippen ()
Date: July 31, 2016 04:25PM

They must have thought he was great when they hired him. I looked on the contracting site, he does not have a current contract. What happened?

Posted by: HORSE PUCKEY ()
Date: July 31, 2016 06:18PM

Well, at least he didn't bring his horse to MVHS. Imagine the mess that would have made.

http://citizensforjustice.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=38

Posted by: Typical Flippen Supporter ()
Date: July 31, 2016 07:06PM

Someone wrote:

HjCKM Wrote:
> Until FCPS shows that it can manage money - i.e.
> spend it with some accountability for results, it
> should be kept on a tight leash.

Read the budget, moron. There is nothing at all wrong with the financial management of FCPS. There is a TON of shit wrong with the fucked up, stupid-ass workings of an awful lot of asshole brains around here. Get yourselves straight, you pathetic twits.

> Unfortunately, with "One Fairfax" we are headed to a
> communistic nirvana where "everyone is special".

Oh, Christ! The only thing special about you is how unbelievably fucking asshole-stupid you are. Get a fucking clue, for crying out loud.

If you want your kids to grow up and write stuff like that, trust FCPS and vote for the meals tax. If this type of behavior concerns you, vote against the tax and insist on some responsibility.

Posted by: LWtjX ()
Date: July 31, 2016 07:46PM

Typical Flippen Supporter Wrote:
> If you want your kids to grow up and write stuff
> like that, trust FCPS and vote for the meals tax.

FCPS is one of the top school systems in the country, The meals tax offers a necessary expansion in County revenues and sources of revenue. You are a feckless dumbfuck ignorant asshole who has an asshole's clue about any public works or public policy. Feel free to go fuck yourself, jackass.

Posted by: Make FCPS Great Again? ()
Date: August 01, 2016 09:47AM

A school system does not become great by wasting money. FCPS seems unable to come to grips with the fact that, if nothing else, the perception exists that much of the money it spends is wasted.

The problem is that FCPS wants more money-so much more money that a tax increase is needed. People question certain expenses and are mocked, rebuffed, and ignored.

Small wonder there is so much opposition to the meals tax.

If FCPS wants to gain public support, it needs to take steps to justify its spending and why substantial cuts cannot be made.

Using Flip Flippen as an example-what did FCPS get for the money it paid him? The man has at best mixed reviews. His "bestseller" is from a decade ago. He was never a teacher, and, while he can legitimately call himself a "psychotherapist" he ought to be more transparent. He is a master's degree level "professional counselor" with an inactive license.

Posted by: Published in 2007 ()
Date: August 01, 2016 05:14PM

The only book Amazon has for him is "The Flip Side" which is from 2007. I think the guy more than somewhat inflates his credentials.

Posted by: Thanks for that ()
Date: August 01, 2016 05:18PM

You Go, Flipster Wrote:
> Just put the word "asshole" into google and find
> all you'll ever need to know about the OP. What a
> worthless horse's ass. As the link below proves,
> Flip Flippen rocks, and everybody knows it.
>
> http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read.php?2
> ,2084758,2084758

Wow! That's one of the funniest threads I've ever seen at FFXU! Loved the bit about Flip's leadership at San Juan Hill!

Posted by: wasn't that disturbing? ()
Date: August 01, 2016 05:25PM

The "Flip and Pee-Wee's Movie Outing" one kind of bothered me. Especially the part about the horse.

Posted by: KJLd3 ()
Date: August 01, 2016 05:29PM

Hello, CLOWNBOY Wrote:
> He should, however, look at this one:

Why should anyone look at that? It's a load of bloviated, unsourced, unsubstantiated, low-grade, one-man, jerkwad batch of personal ass-crap -- just like the worthless shit that pathetic derps and morons like you post around here every day. All of it is completely useless. As are you. Go fuck yourself.

Posted by: nV6Tp ()
Date: August 01, 2016 05:38PM

Make FCPS Great Again? Wrote:
> A school system does not become great by wasting
> money. FCPS seems unable to come to grips with the
> fact that, if nothing else, the perception exists
> that much of the money it spends is wasted.

The perception exists that you are a fucking whore-born worthless retarded lying total assfuck dumbshit retard. What are you going to do about it?

> People question certain expenses and are mocked,
> rebuffed, and ignored.

Let's be fair, now. Rational posters don't encounter such things. It's only mindless fucking no-account assholes like you who are mocked and ridiculed for being such incomprehensiblY huge total dumbfuck assholes.

> Small wonder there is so much opposition to the meals tax.

LOL! It's all from just the one unemployed welfare-deopendent GED-level asshole. YOU.

Posted by: EW6Wh ()
Date: August 02, 2016 08:49AM

from pg 236 of the FY2016 Approved Budget for FCPS - the number of Seniors that can achieve the School Board target to pass the 5 core (reading, writing, math, science and social studies) SOL subject tests has dropped from 78% in 2010 to 71% in 2014 (last reported data).

So, 29% of the seniors in FCPS can't pass all the SOLs... So much for one of the best school systems in the country - lol

And as a result of this poor performance the Administration is changing the rules of the game to focus on "Portrait of a Graduate" - without any meaningful or comparable measurement metrics BUT it "goes beyond test scores to the skills, knowledge, and understanding that are most needed for FCPS graduates to be successful in the 21st century". Of course none of these skills, knowledge of understanding can be tested... You can't make this stuff up.

But all they need to rectify the situation is MORE MONEY!

Posted by: What I'd Like To See ()
Date: August 02, 2016 09:48AM

EW6Wh Wrote:
> from pg 236 of the FY2016 Approved Budget for FCPS
> - the number of Seniors that can achieve the
> School Board target to pass the 5 core (reading,
> writing, math, science and social studies) SOL
> subject tests has dropped from 78% in 2010 to 71%
> in 2014 (last reported data).
>
> So, 29% of the seniors in FCPS can't pass all the
> SOLs... So much for one of the best school
> systems in the country - lol
>
> And as a result of this poor performance the
> Administration is changing the rules of the game
> to focus on "Portrait of a Graduate" - without any
> meaningful or comparable measurement metrics BUT
> it "goes beyond test scores to the skills,
> knowledge, and understanding that are most needed
> for FCPS graduates to be successful in the 21st
> century". Of course none of these skills,
> knowledge of understanding can be tested... You
> can't make this stuff up.
>
> But all they need to rectify the situation is MORE
> MONEY!

I'd like to see FCPS publish a correlation of their various expenditures to efforts to increase the SOL pass rates. It is pretty obvious Flip Flippen did NOTHING to increase the SOL pass rates but he got hired and paid anyway. The same can probably be said of many others, to say nothing of the training, conferences, and other trips FCPS takes. I've seen the figure of $80,000/month for FCPS travel. How does that help the kids?

The people of Fairfax are only going to put up with so much. The idea that Flippen asked for, and got, $10,000 to give a one hour speech is just sickening.

Posted by: Flippen Made Scores Go DOWN? ()
Date: August 02, 2016 10:07AM

Go here:

http://truthforachangeonline.com

Then search for "Flippen."

It seems this district is not happy with him-shenanigans were involved in his hiring, and, after hiring him, test scores went down.

What a wonderful model for FCPS. "Portrait of a Graduate"-low test scores, but their teachers got to spend a few days listening to horse stories told by a marriage counselor.

I'd buy that for a dollar.

Posted by: overstated credentials ()
Date: August 02, 2016 10:26AM

http://www.flipsidebook.com/pdf/HachetteFlipSideExcerpt.pdf

Back in 2007, Flippen claimed to have privileges at 2 psychiatric hospitals.

Not true.

Flippen has a master's degree in counseling. This does not qualify him to have such privileges. The only way he can even come close is under the supervision of a physician (e.g., M.D. degree).

Now, of course, Flippen's counseling license is inactive, so this is all moot.

Flippen cons school districts by suggesting that he's some leading researcher and psychotherapist. He's been known to ask for, and get, $10,000 for a one hour speech.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.