HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
In the City on July 11, Obstructing Free Passage Arrests
Posted by: causeican ()
Date: July 30, 2016 12:11PM

4100 Block of Chain Bridge Road – On July 11 at 8:59 AM officers observed a group of protestors blocking the roadway on Chain Bridge Road. After the protestors were given three warnings to clear the roadway, three individuals were placed under arrest and taken before a magistrate who issued misdemeanor warrants for violation of the City of Fairfax Code section for obstructing the free passage of people in public places after being ordered to move. Brendan A. Orsinger, 34, of 1348 Parkwood Place, NW, Washington, DC; Karen L. Wolf, 34, of 4307 Ramona Drive, Fairfax; Lauren R. Morretti, 24, of 8170 Sinclair Mill Road, Manassas; and Kirsten A. Wittkowski, 27, of 8198 Winstead Place, Manassas, were released on $1000 unsecured bonds.

http://www.connectionnewspapers.com/news/2016/jul/13/four-arrested-mckenna-protest/

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: In the City on July 11, Obstructing Free Passage Arrests
Posted by: ddoGx ()
Date: July 30, 2016 12:17PM

"Following the incident, Kincaid did suspend the use of tasers in the jail."

We need a new Sheriff.

Posted by: Vnc6Y ()
Date: July 30, 2016 12:21PM

You need a cranial replacement.

Posted by: xkCt6 ()
Date: July 30, 2016 02:12PM

> One deputy used a taser on McKenna four times over the course of the incident. McKenna lost consciousness and was transported to Inova Fairfax Hospital where she later died.

officers are not know for their ability to read engineering instructions and construe their meanings

the tasers should be CLEARLY MARKED HI-LO WITH A MEANING OF NON-DEADLY AND DEADLY - and the settings should be true to their marking

does a farmer buy a cow prod that kills cows? he'd sue the cow prod maker woodn't he?

however: note that rubber bullets are not proven safer than tazing

Posted by: WKMLW ()
Date: July 30, 2016 02:16PM

i have no idea - but i image a female in rage could recover from a low setting taser hit - feel she is too good to be arrested and throw a fit. many women get in big trouble that way with police - having a chip on their shoulder. you see it on police clips on world's dummest or other TV all the time

HOWEVER i dont agree to not use rock salt, rubber bullets or tasers or chemical weapons (hot pepper spray)

police and perps do need to "stay back" to stay safe - contact sport more often involves death struggles

who says the woman did not know that resisting police and getting re-tased did not carry a risk?

her whole day was about taking risks quite obviously - she knew blocking a street involved arrest and was illegal

Posted by: WmJuL ()
Date: July 30, 2016 02:19PM

OH NO ONE DIED YOU LIED, NO ONE WAS TASED

ALL THAT HAPPENED WAS SIMPLE ARREST

the prisoner who was tased was years ago, standard procedure for a PRISONER acting dangerously

i dont know if any of you realize it but in prison you loose your "freedom" and must do as the guards say and MOSTLY: never ever endanger a guard's life

you dont' have "rights to be an asshole and endanger officers in the prison", ABSOLUTELY NOT

Posted by: nx94C ()
Date: July 30, 2016 02:22PM

these women knew they were going to be arrested before they set out

absolutely they should pay the paychecks of the police involved for that day. the room and board for the officer and family, for a day

also they ARE legally responsible if any of the public was injured due to the lack of an officer pulled away from duty - IF there were any

Posted by: EGjve ()
Date: July 30, 2016 02:37PM

FACTS:

the DID NOT protest outside of a CoURTHOUSE

it was clearly the old coursehouse which are now offices

FACTS:

you are SUPPOSED to get county permission for protests. that is debateable whether the county will issue, fairly, a permit of protest against themselves

THE FACT AND LAW IS ON THAT MATTER - WHICH I'VE RESEARCHED - IS THIS

only protests which might require Police or supervision require CITY approval - the city has abolutely no right to reject based on grounds of meaning or content

the young women, being so few, had they protests on the sidewalks would have NOT needed permission and not been arrested

FACTS:

but the women chose to require the judge to use (on duty?) officers to arrest

THE LEGAL CHARGE, IN PROPER, IS AS FOLLOWING:

the women took action to require the CITY to dispense representatives (not necessarily police - that was a choice, to use police) to remove them from the street so that traffic was easier (noting that the moment of a day is not a matter of law, but many moments may be, and it is a street citation regulation in question, thus most certainly a MOVING VIOLATION point upon the women's licences)

====================

1 count requiring city to dispense persons to remove them - however this count implies their whimsical blockade is blocking something, so the OTHER COUNT must be an OR rather than an AND, if you follow the law carefully.

OR

1 county non-accidental moving traffic violation, blocking traffic

take you pick i dont care !

Posted by: 3wyw3 ()
Date: July 30, 2016 02:40PM

were officers really needed to disperse these women?

i could have done the same on lower pay and without being ARMEd quite easily

Attachments:
img.jpeg

Posted by: 9nT4c ()
Date: July 30, 2016 02:42PM

oh crap - my nemesis arrived !
Attachments:
img2.jpeg

Posted by: wwWC6 ()
Date: July 30, 2016 02:45PM

iron walkway railing is out, suspension railing is in!
Attachments:
img3.jpeg

Posted by: tyX6m ()
Date: July 30, 2016 02:48PM

so i'm fishing near the port because fishign is great there and the portmaster has me towed with the most expensive tug in the fleet

i was so pissed - i'm still refusing to pay!
Attachments:
img6.jpeg
img5.jpeg
img7.jpeg

Posted by: 39UKy ()
Date: July 30, 2016 03:03PM

non-violent record prisoners shouldn't be kept with violent history ones

low security prison , high security prison

officers should be at ease in one place, and forwardly on-guard for their personal safety at the other. even non-violent clean prisoners have the right not to be exposed to being threatened by thugs while they do their time.

my guess is the woman tased had a violent history that the courts knew of - and she was in a prison with other violent prisoners for a reason

Posted by: WatchDawg ()
Date: July 30, 2016 03:53PM

ddoGx Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Following the incident, Kincaid did suspend the
> use of tasers in the jail."
>
> We need a new Sheriff.

It is surprising how this entire fiasco falls directly at the hands of this Sheriff.

Posted by: S. Barry ()
Date: July 30, 2016 10:02PM

Not really. It's always been this way with Sheriff Barbie.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.