HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Beach Traffic Down I 95 To Get Much Worse
Posted by: New I 95 Toll Lanes A Bad Idea ()
Date: July 10, 2016 02:24PM

Gov McAuliffe says Virgina will get money from the Feds and will take the Lexis Lanes all the way to Fredericksburg. This is A Lousy Idea! The majority of weekend traffic is people on I 95 going North to South from all over the East coast.

This is what the Effects will be.. This is a 10 mile stretch Longer then the other lane expansion to Garrisonvile.

For the Next 2/1/2 years after this starts Expect huge traffic jams coming North and South during construction. Leave Thursday AM for Beach Trips south.

Then Leave the next day. Friday AM to get back to NOVA.

Then after its done.. It will be 25-35 dollars to run down there all the way. One Way. And there will still be a back up on I95 where it ends ..Take a look at it today. The main stream Jammed South bound on Saturdays. And few are ever in the Lexis Lanes south.

On Sundays it reverses flow heavier North, But its still not as bad as heading south during every summer weekend or holiday during the year. Its always worse going South. People head in Mass on the Friday and Saturdays, Then they flow back on different days not just Sunday.

And remember the Lexis lanes go only 1 way. If its going in your reverse direction it wont help you a Bit . No matter how much money you have got to spend on the toll, or how many people are in the car.

This is a stinking plan, and once Virginia gets sucked into will not be able to get out with the same Trans group running it.

ALL that is Needed and WHAT should be done is creating New a 4th south bound lane only from Garrisonvile to past the I 95 Rappahannock bridge, past Fredericksburg with a long merge lane back into 3 lanes. A FREE For Everyone 4th lane. That's It For Now! No Northbound construction hassles and much Easier and cheaper to do then the median Lexis Lanes. This Will Move Traffic South bound better then any toll road! If need be they can designate the 4th lane Mon-Fri as a HOV 2 lane.

When Money is Available in the Future, Then they can do a 4th lane from down South up to Garrisonville. A Free 4th lane.

To Hell with this toll lane expansion plan. Let your state Delegates and Senators know this will Not Fix Anything. Just make it Worse! And in the End only the toll road operators will get anything good out of it.

By Rights this is more of a Federal Issue then Virginias, as so many travelers from all over are using this stretch. And By Rights they should improve the Rt 301 Bypass and build a new 301 Bridge over the Potomac to take so much of the bypassing traffic from the DC Metro area and NOVA,before wasting any money on another worthless toll road South on I 95

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Beach Traffic Down I 95 To Get Much Worse
Posted by: Highway Man ()
Date: July 10, 2016 02:31PM

So easy to avoid. Go to Warrenton, down 17 to 95 and get on 95 below Fredericksburg.

Posted by: Different Route ()
Date: July 10, 2016 02:34PM

I stay off of 95 when I travel to the NC beaches.

Posted by: 100 Miles out of the Way ()
Date: July 10, 2016 02:55PM

Its 32 miles from the Fairfax County line to Fredericksburg on I95 at the Rt 3 exit.

Its 34 miles from Rt 29 down Rt 3 and I 95 at Fredericksburg alone. Where Below Fredericksburg you going to get on I 95? from Charlottesville on I 64, 50 miles away from I95? And its still 28 miles from Opal on Rt 29 down 17 to The 17 -95 exit..which is full of traffic at that exit . Plus another 25-45 miles down there to the 17-29 south route from Fairfax. and Rt 29 has its own share on traffic.

I don't see new toll lanes helping out at all.

Posted by: Suck it up ()
Date: July 10, 2016 03:06PM

What's the matter?
Did you vote democrat?

Illegals and refugees gotta get on the highways too.
It's not just for you Americans

Hillary for us in 2016!

Posted by: Kiltons BFF ()
Date: July 10, 2016 03:09PM

I love sittin in traffic, just gives me more time with my hog

Fat_guy_on_a_little_motorcycle.jpeg

Posted by: EujMy ()
Date: July 10, 2016 03:10PM

They need to expand the hot lanes until the last exit in Fredericksburg. Add lanes, not just tolls.

Virginia should also put up tolls at the southern tips of 95 and 85 at the NC border. Allow a generous discount for the local users, but get some $ from the people driving to and from Florida and Atlanta/NC.

Maryland and Delaware tax you for the little time you spend on 95. Virginia has about 180 miles of 95 and no one is paying a cent for tolls. $2 a car won't kill anyone as long as it goes to Northern Virginia to alleviate the shit on 95, I am OK with it.

Posted by: Cut Me In. I want My % ()
Date: July 10, 2016 11:49PM

Ya Ya Ya Ya .. What a GREAT IDEA from McCaliffe.. Whats his name? Im In.. So Now give me my kickback for the support....and F You!

What a Shitty thing.. the current toll lanes don't do jackshit to move traffic south except they did help PW county..by moving the backup south from the 234 exit. But then there's that Stafford 610 backup.. Then there will be the Rap Bridge back up. One more lane south FREE. That's the ticket..Thats what they should have done from PW down in The FIRST PLACE..When Can WE VOTE ON THIS?? SO I Can Vote NO. And Hell yes the toll will be 50 dollars..To ride all the way down then sit in traffic trying to get off.. More Rigged Bullshit. Some ones palm is getting some grease for sure..and yes it will be 5 years of construction f..ing up everyone..

DAJAX

Posted by: Toll the entire highway ()
Date: July 11, 2016 12:17AM

Every lane from North to South. All of I-95 and all connecting beltways.

Posted by: DMV 2 OBX ()
Date: July 11, 2016 10:54AM

Charter a helicopter to OBX, and avoid all of it.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.