HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Window Tint of Driver's (front) window is illegal in Virginia, see the code
Posted by: libs flaunting disrespect of VA ()
Date: June 04, 2016 12:14PM

the driver's window is tinted

lately i've been seeing ALLOT of cars in fairfax - often from korea - with driver's windwos tinted AND VALIDATED RECENT Virginia INSPECTION STICKER

last time i heard that's illegal in VA

bob mcdonald didn't change the law. if terry mc'au'lift changed VA's tint laws i'm going to be irate enough to demand removal of VA inspection stickers from any vehicle he drives

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Window Tint of Driver's (front) window is illegal in Virginia, see the code
Posted by: flaunting criminal dis of VA law ()
Date: June 04, 2016 12:16PM

Attachments:
img.jpeg

Date: June 04, 2016 12:21PM

* window tint on front side windows are dangerous to officers
especiall at night when a nigga may be reaching for the glove
and very well might shoot the officer through the window

* window tint front side is provenly dangerous to pedestrians

* front tint also dangerous on the highway - on a rainy night it
NECESSARILY is between the driver AND the driver side door mirror
(which is required for inspection to see 200ft back in the dark)

(rear window tint can fail inspection / be illegal too: the law in VA says only that the drive must be able to see 200 ft behind in rear view mirror AT NIGHT, to pass. it's the inspector's or cops call if the tint is too dark.)

Posted by: h4Yv6 ()
Date: June 04, 2016 12:23PM

terry mc'au'lift

"you should fear authority. we dont care if you die in VA. we only care to take away your weapons to prevent an effective rebellion against corrupt government"

Posted by: h4Yv6 ()
Date: June 04, 2016 12:25PM

(support making weapons illegal but also support running over pedestrians and cop killing?)

Posted by: 46nPJ ()
Date: June 04, 2016 12:40PM

3. No sun-shading or tinting films shall be applied or affixed to any window of a motor vehicle that (i) have a reflectance of light exceeding 20 percent or (ii) produce a holographic or prism effect.

must be NON-REFLECTIVE for driver/front windows

* many of the cars i see are reflective tint (cannot see driver)

* many appear to be at least %50 tint

* cops cannot bother carrying around tint meters (sold through california made in china) - if they see a car but cannot see the driver its' a pull over - and the driver in that case SHOULD get a ticket and ordered to replace the window

i've had to remove cheaply applied window tint from driver's windows a vehicle due to reduced visability (tint film)

Posted by: XJ6ej ()
Date: June 04, 2016 12:41PM

(i) have a reflectance of light exceeding 20 percent

again cops cannot carry around meters

Posted by: Ncxbw ()
Date: June 04, 2016 12:42PM

Code 1950, § 46-295; 1958, c. 541, § 46.1-291; 1970, c. 16; 1978, c. 233; 1981, cc. 17, 626; 1985, c. 160; 1987, cc. 298, 315; 1988, c. 751; 1989, c. 727; 1991, cc. 100, 328; 1993, c. 808; 1994, c. 118; 1997, cc. 744, 880; 1998, c. 133; 1999, c. 75; 2004, c. 613; 2008, c. 189; 2015, cc. 502, 503.

which proves liberals INFACT HAVE BEEN EDITING THIS SECTION OF CODE

Posted by: VKJJv ()
Date: June 04, 2016 12:48PM

E. No film or darkening material may be applied on the windshield except to replace the sunshield in the uppermost area as installed by the manufacturer of the vehicle.

WRONG - the old code limited even what manufacturers could ship into VA

F. Nothing in this section shall prohibit the affixing to the rear window of a motor vehicle of a single sticker no larger than 20 square inches if such sticker is totally contained within the lower five inches of the glass of the rear window, nor shall subsection B apply to a motor vehicle to which but one such sticker is so affixed.

WRONG - 20" square on a rear window is dangerous and had been dis-allows and was above (in the same code!) dis-allowed

infact seeing something you might run over behind your vehicle is part of the function of your rear window that is ... NOT TO BE BLOCKED BY ANYTHING other than a safety approval sticker - but their are no such stickers because ... it's unsafe

Posted by: 9KKpY ()
Date: June 04, 2016 12:49PM

"i can put a nearly 2 foot square sticker in my rear window as long as i hang it low"

fucking liberals are STUPID

Posted by: cYPCy ()
Date: June 04, 2016 12:52PM

1. To drive a motor vehicle equipped with one optically grooved clear plastic right-angle rear view lens attached to one rear window of such motor vehicle, not exceeding 18 inches in diameter in the case of a circular lens or not exceeding 11 inches by 14 inches in the case of a rectangular lens, which enables the driver of the motor vehicle to view below the line of sight as viewed through the rear window

even an optical "sticker" can only be in one place, must be smaller, and only be present if it aids seeing behind the vehicle - and at one time they wanted those removed if i remember (the cheap ones - it was at inspector's choice to say so) - because they were cheap ass and often did more to harm visibility than aid

Posted by: 6npjW ()
Date: June 04, 2016 12:58PM

No motor vehicle registered in the Commonwealth, designed and license dprimarily for passenger vehicular transportation on the public highways andmanufactured after 1968 shall be driven on the highways in the Commonwealthunless equipped with at least one outside and at least one inside rear viewmirror meeting the requirements of this section.

just so you know - the "tint law" says outside mirror is required if windows are tinted

that isn't true they are somewhat required WITHOUT tint - it is an incorrectly written law - likely a recent Wordpad hacked law

Posted by: Someone always pays ()
Date: June 04, 2016 01:09PM

Violation of the tint laws isn't a victimless crime.

Date: June 04, 2016 01:10PM

one more important aspect of the law not metioned

(because before darker tint and reflectivity and certain colors were dissallowed)

is that a vehicle aproaching another from the side (ie, tinted vehicle is rambling whether to make a move onto the highway)

MUST be able to see the driver (perhaps not the passengers) of the orthagonal vehicle. the number of feet is not stated but assumed to be at least 200 ft. (but better yet - within breaking distance that allows prevention of death)

Date: June 04, 2016 01:12PM

VA was (IS) more strict on window tinting than other states (states who were financially involved in selling tint inside the other states)

there seems to be a seepage of "give us your tobacco money and take your pants down - liberals are invading your state" here

Posted by: wyWWG ()
Date: June 04, 2016 01:39PM

Geeessss,

You can have window tint/shading on ANY and ALL windows, to include the windshield depending on the type of vehicle, the shading darkness and if you have a Sunshading Medical Authorization. Full windshield tint is allowed up to 70% with a Sunshading Medical Authorization.

Additionally VA does not try to typically enforce sunshading on vehicles registered outside of VA. So if a FL or AZ driver comes into VA with darker tint than VA allows, VA cannot do anything about it.

http://www.dmv.state.va.us/drivers/#medical/sunshading.asp

Posted by: ...... ()
Date: June 04, 2016 07:55PM

Exactly why I keep my auto registered in Florida.

Bite me, SEAL wannabes.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.