HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
The 2nd police officer died
Posted by: TrickieL ()
Date: May 17, 2006 01:47PM

I feel so bad. Now the other police officer who was shot last week has also died.

TrickieL ( saying a Hail Mary)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The 2nd police officer died
Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: May 17, 2006 01:50PM

RIP to the dude

He was a good cop by all accounts, and he apparently spearheaded the formation of the local police union.

Posted by: p2dak18 ()
Date: May 17, 2006 05:07PM

R.I.P.

Posted by: Cm ()
Date: May 17, 2006 05:36PM

He was a good man.

Posted by: JigSAW ()
Date: May 17, 2006 05:36PM

God bless him and his family:(

Date: May 17, 2006 09:55PM

With the passing of Officer Mike Garbarino this morning, the Sully Station II Neighborhood Watch, the Sully District Police and Supervisor Michael Frey's office are planning a candle light vigil for tomorrow night Thursday (5/18/06) to show our support to our police officers. Please bring candles, flashlights, lanterns, and wear your Neighborhood Watch vests if you have one.

Plan to meet at the Safeway Shopping Center and park at the end by the Post Office at 7:45 PM on Wednesday evening.
We will try to move across the street and stand on Stonecroft Blvd across from the police station.
The candle light vigil will start at 8:00 PM and end before 9:00 PM.

Please be very careful if you are bringing children, especially because we will be crossing a busy intersection.

Please keep the officers and their families in your thoughts and prayers.

Posted by: vp55 ()
Date: May 17, 2006 11:41PM

Very sad to seem him go. He seemed like a 'down-to-earth' type of cop.

May they both RIP.

Posted by: asdf ()
Date: May 17, 2006 11:59PM

give%20a%20shit.jpg

Posted by: dirty harry ()
Date: May 18, 2006 03:59AM

Asdf you are a ignorant fool.Both of these officers will be missed by their families and many in our community.Normal,high functioning people do care. Just because you don't fall into that catagory doesn't give you the right to post such bullshit concerning the murder of two of our officers.I hope you are in like first grade and playing on mommy's computor.Now go back to your violent computor games you little bastard.Don't be surprised if someone shows up at your door to discuss these post of yours.Ip addresses are easily tracked without a court order.

Posted by: JigSAW ()
Date: May 18, 2006 04:28AM

Well said dirty harry

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: May 18, 2006 08:49AM

It was a troll post, quit feeding it already. No one is going to go to his house... even if he/she stood with you at the vigial and screamed across the street "I don't give a shit that he died" the cops couldn't do anything. The rest of the crowd may kick his/her ass, but an arrest for an unpopular opinion is not going to happen.

Posted by: Cop Lover ()
Date: May 18, 2006 10:06AM

guess what, no one gives a shit

ive heard of that cop 2, Barbarino......fuck em

people die every die

why dont you show so more sympathy when hes throwing people up against his car or sending people to jail everyday for offenses that shouldnt be worth putting people in jail, people spending all sorts of money to fuel the government and taxes

Posted by: LOL ()
Date: May 18, 2006 10:30AM

"spending all sorts of money to fuel the government and taxes"

ROFL

spending money to fuel taxes.....

genius...

Posted by: To Cop Lover ()
Date: May 18, 2006 01:16PM

hey cop lover,

if you need assistance to bail out your mom and dad from the jail, the county government center has establishments that will help you along with various programs at the county courthouse to get them back on their feet...also, medical assistance can be provided for your father regarding the gaping hole he's received from taking it in the ass every night from Jerome..as for your mother, I beleive she prefers to stay there, considering she's been introduced to a lesbian lifestyle by munching on one of our county's finest crack whore..

PS: Don't bother kissing your mother hello, her upper lip has been worn out...she's been displaying her love by munching, if you know what I mean...

Posted by: asdf ()
Date: May 18, 2006 04:52PM

You couldn't even spell computer right... talking about first grade? that's the pot calling the kettle black

Posted by: JL ()
Date: May 19, 2006 01:10AM

Both Officers paid the ultimate price for trying to protect society. May God be with both of them.

Posted by: Pinkprincess06 ()
Date: May 19, 2006 08:21AM

Wow how can you insult someone who gave their life trying to protect our neighborhoods. This man is a hero. This kid was obviosly mentally unstable and should never have left the mental hospital. These two officers are hero for giving their lives to fight a crazy person. Anyone who has said who the hell cares is obviosly a an asshole.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: May 19, 2006 10:27AM

i do agree with the "people die every die" comment that implies why are these two so important. people suffer because of illness/injury and die daily. are these people less important? im not really trying to upset people (troll) but what im saying is a valid point. there are many more people who have died or are still alive that your should be sympathetic to. to me this shows that media can easily manipulate people's feelings simply how they present information or not report it at all. so few people feel sympathy for Mike (the shooter) who was suffering from schizophrenia. i doubt the media even mentioned this or perhaps they mentioned it in passing. there are horrible things happening all over the world (including right around you) that are far worse than a simple shooting yet i see nobody posting about this. i think this goes to show how callus you are to the world by deluding yourself into thinking what the media displays is somehow more significant.

this has been a reality check showing you that the world sucks way more than you will ever admit. this reality check is the number 6 and the letter 'e'.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: asdjsa ()
Date: May 19, 2006 07:44PM

It is very sad that the 2nd cop died and I have great remorse for him and his family but I do not believe he was a good man. He used to harass and fondle boys including my brother. I would not be suprised if he harassed kennedy and made his life a living hell. I am not saying he deserved what he got but I disagree that he was a good man.

Posted by: JJ ()
Date: May 20, 2006 03:13PM

That’s a terrible accusation to make asdjsa, while this is an open forum for people’s views, I think to make a statement like that you need to back it up with evidence.

Posted by: Joel ()
Date: May 20, 2006 04:01PM

though i was pretty obviously pissed in the "do cops visit this site?" thread, that shouldn't happen to anyone, and i hope that his friends and family are doing okay.

Posted by: TrickieL ()
Date: May 20, 2006 05:07PM

ASDJSA needs to look up the definition of libel.

Trickie

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: May 20, 2006 11:30PM

Yes, and slander.

I think it's cool that they have this huge funeral procession, but 1000 + cars! How much gas does that take? I was coming back from a soccer game today and Braddock Rd. is all closed off so the procession can get through. ANd there were 5 helicopters! THose things eat gas like I eat apple pie. I dont mind having a funeral procession for a fallen cop, but when my tax dollars are spent w/o my opinion, I get a little angry.

Posted by: my2cents ()
Date: May 21, 2006 12:01PM

What makes these officers special is that they have spent years trying to make this community a better place to live. I know that many of you do not like the police but do you think that Fairfax County would have the lowest crime rate in the nation, per capita, if it were not for the police department? And when I say that, Fairfax houses over one million people. This county's crime rate would have to be compared to someplace in the mid-west with less than 500,000 people. Fairfax is like an oasis in the middle of the desert when it comes to the crime rate. If we did not have a good police department here you would be afraid to leave your house. Don't believe me, move to PG County.

As far as people die every day, when the sniper was shooting people at random and their funerals were gathering press did you say, well people die every day. If some kid gunned down you mother or father as they came out of the grocery store so this kid could prove a point, would you say oh well, people die every day. What if people said, oh well, people die every day and it was someone you love whose picture was on the news.

Some of you have made statements before that police work is dangerous and that we know that so what is the big deal. The big deal is that we know there is a risk to the job we do. We do the job to give something back to our community. We do the job to make the place that you and our families live a better place. We have spouses, kids, houses, and dogs just like many of you. Most of the time you could be standing in line next to us at the store and not know that the person next to you is in law enforcement. We accept the dangers of the job but that doesn't mean that it is ok when one of us dies.

Officer Garbarino was less than two years from retiring. This man gave 23 years of his life making Fairfax County better and now instead of getting to enjoy their retirement his wife and children have to spend their days trying to fill the holes that this sick bastard left. Why?

Date: May 21, 2006 02:21PM

If you want evidence find out why he was kicked out of working highschools in 1995. There was over 10 cases of inappropriate searching and harassment on highschool boys age 13-15. I'm sorry but its true that was why he was no longer allowed to work at any highschools. I never said he deserved to die and I am not trying to slander his name I am just putting out the facts and that it could possibly be his fault that the other officer died.

Posted by: MrDoctor ()
Date: May 21, 2006 02:22PM

wow i bet that wont hit the news

Date: May 21, 2006 02:45PM

I think that anywhere you go, a good police force is a reflection of the diligence and involvement of the citzenry.

Posted by: aggie ()
Date: May 21, 2006 10:48PM

Yeah, since he molested kids, they allowed him to become a full fledged cop.

have you ever heard what the person and their family goes through as a background check.

Try anywhere youworked in your LIFETIME

Don't be a hater.

Rest in Peace Gabby.

and maybe if your tax dollars were giving the police the weapons they need to keep up with this shitbricks, theere would have been 2 less funerals

the man was on his way to vacation, now his wife, adn 2 girls are alone.

ththat sucks

ASDJSA?
Posted by: Tina3 ()
Date: May 22, 2006 09:08AM

Why don't you go into detail what your brother was doing to have contact with the police officer. My gut tells me your brother is probably not a very good person!

In in PC world, today we are afraid to call something for what it is!

This officer came to my house when I had a break in on my car. I found him professional, and actually cared.

The ball is in your court!!

Posted by: the truth ()
Date: May 22, 2006 11:04AM

He was not working in a High School in 1995. Sorry try again dick weed

Date: May 22, 2006 11:12AM

yes he was...Marshall Highschool...dick weed.

Date: May 22, 2006 11:40AM

maybe if they didnt legalize high powered assault rifles this type of shit wouldnt of happend

Posted by: mad max, JD ()
Date: May 22, 2006 12:39PM

MrDoctor Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> maybe if they didnt legalize high powered assault
> rifles this type of shit wouldnt of happend

Maybe if they passed a law saying shooting at cops was illegal none of this shit would have happened.

Posted by: Dirty Harry ()
Date: May 22, 2006 12:50PM

We need our high powered "assault rifles" to protect us from these asshole punks that are celebrating the murder of two very fine officers.All you jerks that are bitching about the cops,must constantly be braking the law. Another poster is celebrating the murder of these officers because his license was pulled for driving 96 in a 55.Hey pricks,the cops are doing their job,protecting us from assholes like you.I hope next time you are doing 96 you hit a tree.You are as whacked out as that bastard Kennedy (he is not resting in peace by the way,he is in HELL ).

Date: May 22, 2006 01:59PM

TrickieL Wrote:
> ASDJSA needs to look up the definition of libel.
>
> Trickie

actually, for it to be libel it needs to be a publication. i dont think a reply in a forum really counts as a publication. it would have to be like a news article.

KeepOnTruckin Wrote:
> Yes, and slander.

to be slander it must be spoken rather than written.

Dirty Harry Wrote:
> You are
> as whacked out as that bastard Kennedy (he is not
> resting in peace by the way,he is in HELL ).

hey jerkoff, you dont even understand the situation so you can shut the fuck up. no, he is not in Hell.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: May 22, 2006 07:32PM

Hey asshole,what is there to understand ! He killed a couple of cops.He is in Hell. I guess we are supposed to sit hear and feel sorry for the bastard.Poor little Kennedy,he was ill.Fuck that,he deserved what he got.I'm glad the cops blew him away.Thats the only good thing to come from all this, he is gone!You kids are so fucked up.

Date: May 22, 2006 07:44PM

im glad he is gone too

Date: May 22, 2006 07:53PM

why can't we be happy that everyone got killed? Maybe I'm just morbid and it has nothing to do with the fact that the person was a police officer. I just enjoy hearing obituaries.

Posted by: dlaw ()
Date: May 22, 2006 08:13PM

You're right...No one asked your opinion because it is worthless....And how much taxes do you pay working on the chain gang...

Posted by: Hemsk ()
Date: May 22, 2006 08:22PM

Ah, wonderful. See, this is what I like, and dislike, about fairfaxunderground.com. Every thread, it seems, degenerates into the classic "fuck you; no, fuck you" argument.

Personally, I feel that Gabby was a good man, a good mentor and a good officer. Fairfax is a little more cold and empty without him.

Date: May 22, 2006 08:24PM

I think that Kennedys parents should rot in hell with him.

I really think they are bigger criminals in this matter, for not taking care of their son properly and taking him to see people that could help him and make sure he coudlnt help other instead of making sure he had access to an arsenol.

fucking idiots, need a damn test to be able to breed!

those of you who celebrate the slaying of these officers, i double dog dare you to say it to one of the officers at the sully station, or any FCPD officer, or better yet, tell the widow and small kids, cause, it hink they will kick your ass :)

Date: May 22, 2006 08:27PM

I haven't been following the news closely. Have the parents come out of hiding yet?

Date: May 22, 2006 08:31PM

no, they are to busy hiding behind their lawyer, cause they are going to be held civially liable and be washing the underwear of the kids whose parents they killed.

Posted by: mad max, JD ()
Date: May 22, 2006 08:33PM

aggie Wrote:
> no, they are to busy hiding behind their lawyer,
> cause they are going to be held civially liable
> and be washing the underwear of the kids whose
> parents they killed.

Why would they be liable for anything? I'm curious why anybody would think that.

Date: May 22, 2006 08:33PM

I'm kind of surprised that they aren't being charged with something like "withholding evidence from an active investigation". They've got to have one f'ed up story to tell once they do.

Posted by: active investigation my ass ()
Date: May 22, 2006 09:59PM

what the fuck, the kid is dead. talk about beating a dead horse.

plus, he was 18, so his parents can't be held liable.

Date: May 22, 2006 10:03PM

aiding and abeding (not sure of spelling)

I just think they suck

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: May 22, 2006 10:13PM

Hey, just because the assault weapons ban expired don't make it legal to have an AK74, or an M16, etc. Inaproprate discharge of a firearm, concealed weapons, shipping in the AK from Russia/NK. all not legal.

And what the fuck do you mean my tax money dont buy them good guns. My tax money buys the M16's and shotguns that they have in the back rooms, not right up in the lobby where we had the shootout. The cops have little handguns, Mike's got 5 handguns, grenades, and AK74 (yes 74, they dont make 47's anymore, just the news is retarded) But you can buy AK's online.

Date: May 22, 2006 10:17PM

I really dont think the assault weapon ban would have prevented this,

where there is a will there is a way.

the FCPD carries pussy pistols because the supervisors are afraid they will look too "scary" to the citizens of FC carrying 40's .

Yeah, ummm how about someone shot the shit outta Kennedy,and he kept going

they would have been better off throwing their dumb guns at the guy

Date: May 22, 2006 10:24PM

im gonna get a bazooka

Date: May 22, 2006 11:14PM

dirty harry Wrote:
> Hey asshole,what is there to understand ! He
> killed a couple of cops.He is in Hell.

oh you silly catholics, when will you learn?

> I guess we
> are supposed to sit hear and feel sorry for the
> bastard.Poor little Kennedy,he was ill.

you and your ignorance is what makes society a little bit worse everyday.

> Fuck
> that,he deserved what he got.I'm glad the cops
> blew him away.Thats the only good thing to come
> from all this, he is gone!You kids are so fucked
> up.

easily summed up as "troll troll troll troll troll"

Date: May 23, 2006 09:20AM

I heard the Kennedy's are selling off Mike's weapons to pay for their lawyer expenses, you may be able to get a good deal on that Bazooka :)

Date: May 24, 2006 07:59PM

Let me know if they have any .44 mags in stainless.
Never can have enough punk blasters when you live among you assholes.
I'm glad Mikes a dead duck.It makes my day.He won't be shooting anymore cops,or residents.Fuck that bastard.I feel sorry for his sister,but I bet she is happy he is gone.The fuck killed her dog.The cops should have had an "accident" that night and popped the fuck.

Date: May 25, 2006 12:19AM

Bazooka time

Posted by: whatuKnO ()
Date: May 25, 2006 09:01AM

damn is funi that mike kennedy was my nigga but far 2 gone rip. is true that FC police are ful of shit cock suckers who fuckn violate our rights all the time. but rip 2 fedz who got killed. true people die everyday but these pigs died in a war for their community. Honestly when our families or friends or anyone else who dies, its not to important nor does the goverment or any of these PIGS even give a fuck, so give me a reason y we should give a fuck they didnt protect no1 fromm this shooting but them self. so u know what its the Countys fault for being a fucking weak ass police department for not having a better safety, funy how fairfax county has one the strongest police force, haha my ass

Posted by: whatuKnO ()
Date: May 25, 2006 09:08AM

hey dirty harry why dont u suck my dick u lil fagot ass muthafucka. you keep talking all this shit over the net about my nigga but u get ur old ass fuked up nigga.

Date: May 25, 2006 06:03PM

Yeah, ummm ok,
you are probablly some little skinny as white kid who hasn't hit puberty :)

Posted by: Highlander ()
Date: May 25, 2006 06:15PM

Maybe the county should hire whoever protected you from spelling tests....

Date: May 28, 2006 11:23PM

i DID hear they have spelling tests in the FCPD academy :)

Posted by: diryharry ()
Date: May 29, 2006 10:34PM

Hey whatuknow,Obviously you are an typical alley nigger or alley nigger wannabe.
You are a perfect example of the lack of intelligence that keeps niggers down.

Posted by: M ()
Date: May 29, 2006 11:15PM

P to the K who is dirty harry?????

Posted by: M ()
Date: May 29, 2006 11:25PM

Anyone who is "DH" ?????????????????

Date: May 30, 2006 07:44AM

Who cares who he is? He's just a troll with nothing to do.

Posted by: slipp ()
Date: June 09, 2006 01:44PM

hooray, the cop got what was coming to him

Posted by: brianl703 ()
Date: June 09, 2006 03:23PM

Did anyone see the article in the Washington Times that the security gate for the parking lot was broken when the shooting happened?

That's apparently how Kennedy got in.

The article further goes on to say that the security gate had 25 service calls in the last year.

Date: June 09, 2006 08:42PM

That's a helluva lot of service calls for a relatively new gate!

Date: June 10, 2006 04:39PM

The gate was broken. it was replaced the next day.

Date: June 11, 2006 09:37AM

I guess they took the VDOT way of doing thiings... improvements and fixes are prioritized by the number of deaths resulting from them. VDOT wouldn't fix the 29/Oday problem in Centreville until several people died... apparently gates don't get fixed until a wacko cruises in and shoots up the place. It's the Centreville way I guess.

Date: June 11, 2006 11:37AM

Speaking of VDOT, have they bothered to clean the graffiti off the sign on 28 south just before Walney and Braddock roads? (It's the sign that says no through trucks on Walney).

I actually went to their webpage to send them a message about it..that was over a week ago.

Did you hear about how VDOT lied to Congressman Wolf?

He got them some federal funding for a smart traffic signal system. It was to be installed on Route 7. Supposedly it would adjust the traffic signal timing in real-time.

Well, he got stuck in traffic on 7 at around 10:30pm at night, hitting every single red light.

He called VDOT and they said, "Oh, we turn the system off after 10pm".

Then he called them again and found out that they never got the system working right.

So he pulled the funding until they can figure out what's wrong with it and make it work.

Posted by: asfd ()
Date: June 11, 2006 01:10PM

finally a congressman who cares ^^

Date: June 11, 2006 04:56PM

brianl703 Wrote:
> Speaking of VDOT, have they bothered to clean the
> graffiti off the sign on 28 south

do you seriously think they can just clean graffiti off a sign? better yet, would it be cost effective. come one, think about it, man.

Date: June 11, 2006 09:59PM

The end result is that the graffiti should be gone. Whether that's done by cleaning it off or replacing the sign, I'll leave that to the experts at VDOT to figure out. I don't really care about the process, just the product.

Posted by: brian703 ()
Date: June 11, 2006 10:01PM

And if, for some reason, they can't do either in a timely manner..then they should just remove the sign. It's basically unreadable anyway.

opps
Date: June 12, 2006 02:09PM

_

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2006 02:10PM by Gravis.

Date: June 12, 2006 02:09PM

brian703 Wrote:
> And if, for some reason, they can't do either in a
> timely manner..then they should just remove the
> sign. It's basically unreadable anyway.

nah... someone should just paint over the graffiti with the proper information... but then again, it may never get fixed then. so be sure to add "VDOT SUCKS!" somewhere. :)

Posted by: bj696969 ()
Date: March 23, 2016 12:31PM

Good, Fuck the police

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.