HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Skins 2-4
Posted by: Tim45 ()
Date: October 15, 2006 04:56PM

I predicted at beginning of the year skins would be 8-8. I had to endure a few weeks of postings saying how wrong I was, the skins were going to the superbowl. After todays loss they are 2-4. The future schedule has the eagles twice, the cowboys the colts and the saints not to mention a few other teams with at least .500 records.
If I am wrong it will be because I gave them an 8-8 season and should have predicted more losses.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Skins 2-4
Posted by: you are wrong ()
Date: October 15, 2006 05:52PM

wait til the season is over then talk about it
they are gonna win next week colts suck

Posted by: Steve ()
Date: October 15, 2006 06:25PM

you are wrong Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> wait til the season is over then talk about it
> they are gonna win next week colts suck

The Redskins defense is going to beat Peyton Manning and Co. in the Dome after a week of rest? R-I-G-H-T!

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: October 15, 2006 07:54PM

they are gonna win next week colts suck

Yeah right, I predict the spread will be Colts -14 1/2.

The Skins will get there asses handed to them next week.

Posted by: Tim45 ()
Date: October 15, 2006 08:37PM

BTW I am a skins fan, I just happen to know what reality is. There secondary is suspect and plays way too soft on defense. You cant give todays receivers a five yard cushion and not expect to be burned. One missed tackle on a five yard out pattern leads to a 20-30 yard gain.

Posted by: vip555 ()
Date: October 15, 2006 09:01PM

I was at the game and everyone was so pissed, including myself. I mean come on..we lost to the freakin' Titans...

Posted by: Bitter Red than Deadskin ()
Date: October 15, 2006 10:43PM

This is the Real Better Red than Deadskin and even I see the writing on the wall. The Redskins have no chance of making it to the play-offs this season, in this division. Even worse, I now think 8-8 could be overly optimistic given the rest of the schedule.

I have not idea what is wrong with the team. They always seem to do this. They have a good season, like they did last year and when they went to the play-offs in '99. It seems like they need to make a couple of tweaks and they will be set. They do the tweaks (bringing in some top-notch receivers) and then something that hasn't been a problem - defense - falls apart for no reason.

At this point in time, I say the Redskins need to pull Brunell and put Campbell in there. Not because Campbell will win, but because this season is lost and they might as well get Campbell some playing time so the team can be competitive next season.

So what are the odds Joe Gibbs is here next season?

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: October 16, 2006 12:31AM

lol @ bitter red than deadskin (laughing with, not AT for once)

speakin' it like it is

Posted by: 354 ()
Date: October 16, 2006 01:11PM

Vip, I didn't know you were on the roster, what postition do you play. tight end?

Posted by: Fairfax MF--er ()
Date: October 16, 2006 02:30PM

It is apparent that the Redskins no longer have a reliable pass rush without Arrington. I'm also not sure what Williams was thinking by having so many guys in coverage. You have a team with a questionable QB who you know can run, along with a decent running back, and you spread your folks out like you are playing New England. WTF?

Posted by: BR ()
Date: October 16, 2006 03:20PM

The Redskins have too many cooks in the kitchen. They've got Al Saunders doing the offense, Gregg Williams doing defense and Gibbs is supposed to tie it all together somehow. It's clearly not working. Plus, Gibbs is stubborn about who plays and who doesn't.

I don't think switching Brunell out is the solution yet, but what definitely needs to happen is the defense needs to get better. They're just getting worked.

Date: October 16, 2006 04:39PM

BR Wrote:
> The Redskins have too many cooks in the kitchen.
>

Maybe. Maybe not. The Offense seems significantly better this year than last (except for that NY game). The Defense, though, has been MIA. NO coverage downfield. Spotty coverage on the rush. Adam Archuletta seems to think he is a linebacker. He can block the run, but he can't cover shit downfield. Carlos Rogers is very good at standing there while the other team's receivers catch it, and then hitting them. Springs is solid, but he has been injured. And Sean Taylor just hasn't been the factor he was last year. For every good hit he has, he seems to negate it with some ridiculous personal foul.

Special teams seems to alternate between terrific (Cartright runback) to horrific (that horrendous punt block for a safety).

Posted by: yourfuckingstupid ()
Date: October 16, 2006 06:20PM

Fairfax MF--er Wrote:
> It is apparent that the Redskins no longer have a
> reliable pass rush without Arrington. I'm also not
> sure what Williams was thinking by having so many
> guys in coverage. You have a team with a
> questionable QB who you know can run, along with a
> decent running back, and you spread your folks out
> like you are playing New England. WTF?

arrington did nothing for the skins u dumb shit
he played 10% of his scheduled games and did jack shit in those 5 games

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: October 16, 2006 09:58PM

And he refused to play his role in Williams' defense... too much of a lone gunman. Which why, in addition to injuries, he's no longer with the Redskins.

Date: October 17, 2006 10:11AM

Then explain the total lack of pass rush this year. And am I wrong about Archuletta, Taylor or Rogers?

Arrington was an ass. But he was no T.O. in terms of destructive attitude. Maybe the guy just knew what his abilities were - getting the QB - and was tired of having to do shit he wasn't good at.

Posted by: Nik ()
Date: October 17, 2006 11:49AM

I think we could beat the Colts. I mean, the Skins lost to the Titans partly because we wrote them off as an easy win. Maybe the Colts have written the Redskins off as an easy win.

----------------
WHERE'S THE BEEF

Posted by: BR ()
Date: October 17, 2006 12:22PM

While I don't think we're going to beat the Colts, it'll probably turn out to be one of those days where we play really well and stay in the game. It's the MO of this team...we can occasionally play the tough teams well, even eeking out a win, but the teams we're supposed to destroy pwn us.

The Colts have been just barely getting by the past couple of weeks, so maybe the matchup is at least a little more even then it seems. Then again, this might the week the Colts finally light it up.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: October 17, 2006 01:36PM

Nik Wrote:
> I think we could beat the Colts. I mean, the
> Skins lost to the Titans partly because we wrote
> them off as an easy win. Maybe the Colts have
> written the Redskins off as an easy win.

We? I didn't know Nik was on the team!

But no, the redskins lost because they are sucking, which depresses me as a fan. I may need to buy a Ravens jersey this year because the skins look done.

Date: October 17, 2006 02:38PM

pgens Wrote:

>
> But no, the redskins lost because they are
> sucking, which depresses me as a fan. I may need
> to buy a Ravens jersey this year because the skins
> look done.

Have you seen the last two Ravens games? Better start likin' Da Bears.

Posted by: 354 ()
Date: October 17, 2006 02:47PM

Gibbs needs to be stuffed on mounted on a placard and placed on a wall deep in the bowels of Raljo.....errrrr Fed Ex field

Date: October 17, 2006 02:56PM

354 Wrote:
> Gibbs needs to be stuffed on mounted on a placard
> and placed on a wall deep in the bowels of
> Raljo.....errrrr Fed Ex field

Actually, that should be Dan Snyder.

Date: October 17, 2006 03:07PM

Speaking of the Ravens, firing your Offensive Coordinator less than halfway into the season probably isn't a good omen for the rest of the season...

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory?id=2577674

Posted by: Nik ()
Date: October 17, 2006 06:07PM

Let's just give the 700-page playbook some time to sink in... although I'm not sure if we really needed to hire Saunders.

----------------
WHERE'S THE BEEF

Posted by: vip555 ()
Date: October 17, 2006 06:09PM

rant/We need to get rid of Al Saunders. WTF.."700 page playbook" my ass. All they can do FUCKIN' do is do screen passes all day long. Thank god for Portis or wouldn't have no offense this season../rant.

Date: October 18, 2006 11:11AM

The 700 page playbook? Any team that scores 22 points stands a decent chance of winning if you have a Defense and Special Teams that do their job. The Skins coverage schemes suck this year for some reason. Instead of trying to stop both the run and the pass, pick ONE! Stop the run and blitz the QB. Let fate take care of the pass. In trying to stop both, the Skins' D if failing 100% of the time instead of just 50% if they would only pick one.

On Offense, I agree about running the ball more. Brunell is not a deep threat guy out of the shotgun. The Skins need to do what Gibbs is famous for and what Denver has done for years with mediocre Jake Plummer - run, run, run, play-action pass, screen, run..repeat. Brunell is not Kurt Warner circa 1999. Saunders needs to realize that.

Posted by: FIRE AL SAUNDERS ()
Date: October 20, 2006 06:46PM

official man law

this year is a official rebuilding year
next year straight to the superbowl 16-0. thats true as long as we give saunders the boot right up his tight bootyhole

Posted by: evberwer ()
Date: March 01, 2016 01:29AM

Bobby 3 sticks!!!!!

Posted by: wegwrev ()
Date: March 01, 2016 03:52AM

Keep improving

Posted by: DEEEZ NEUF ()
Date: March 01, 2016 01:08PM

8-8

Posted by: Timmy Jim ()
Date: March 02, 2016 09:48PM

damn we suck

Posted by: ergvre ()
Date: March 03, 2016 04:15PM

They suck

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.