HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Talk about a speed trap...!!!
Posted by: SpeedRacer ()
Date: January 12, 2016 02:03PM

Got on 66 at 123. New signs posting "SPEED 45" hung over each lane and another set hanging a short distance down the road. The last two were just before Rt 50 exit and at Rt 50 exit. Those two said SPEED 55 and that's where State Trooper had just pulled someone over.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Talk about a speed trap...!!!
Posted by: if you say so ()
Date: January 12, 2016 03:02PM

I was in the middle lane on 66 West trying to get by the slow fucks in the right lane. State Police in fast lane stuck behind a roofing truck going 55 mph. I went right by him doing 68 mph then merged over to exit onto 50 West. He didn't care. #drivingwhilewhite #winning

Posted by: causeican ()
Date: January 12, 2016 06:25PM

were the signs still saying “SPEED 45”?

Posted by: Benedict Cumberbach ()
Date: January 12, 2016 06:35PM

causeican Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> were the signs still saying “SPEED 45”?

They were at 2pm.

I don't get it... Where'd that money come from? And wtf are the signs for anyway? Hardly any time on 66 East or West bound that you can do the speed limit nowadays anyway.

Posted by: not official ()
Date: January 12, 2016 11:25PM

Unless they changed the state law, those signs are not enforceable.

Have they removed all the other regular speed limit signs?

Posted by: LAWDOG ()
Date: January 13, 2016 09:20AM

They are not enforceable signs. They are just advised speeds for the traffic conditions. The vehicle that was pulled over, was probably for hov a violation, or other traffic infraction.

Posted by: causeican ()
Date: January 15, 2016 09:40AM

I didn’t see where it said recommended but I suppose that is what the yellow represents. Okay. I can get along with that. No wonder no one slowed down.

It likely was a lot of money for nothing. I can’t see anyone out there slowing to 45. They might have been better off getting drivers down to 55 first.

Yesterday the first sign where I got on - 66W at 123 - posted SPEED 50. The neon sign to the right says “Reduce Speed”. As soon as I merged onto 66, another sign posted SPEED 45. At exit for 50W (no image) SPEED 55.

It was Tuesday on the west side of the 50 bridge where the Trooper had pulled someone over. When I went out Thursday, I thought, I better get it down to 45, or I might get a ticket. I almost got killed.
Attachments:
new speed sign 66 2016.1.12.jpg
new speed sign .jpg

Posted by: Art VanDelay ()
Date: January 15, 2016 06:45PM

Saw these the first time last night getting on 66 at the Pkwy heading west and they had the signs start at 45 mph and then the next set was 35. There were 2 state troopers on either side of the highway with disabled cars. Trooper on the left side pulled across traffic as a blocker to get the flat bet with a car on it over to the right.

I figure these signs are to enforce the move over or slow down law they passed a couple years ago that no one obeys. Signs were colored white rather than the yellow posted above until you got passed the police activity and then it went back up to 55.

Posted by: flying turtles ()
Date: January 15, 2016 07:18PM

I noticed in the first picture a truck that said 'turtle wings'. Since when did turtles have wings? Are they from the reactor at lake Anna?

Posted by: Greybeard ()
Date: January 15, 2016 08:39PM

flying turtles Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I noticed in the first picture a truck that said
> 'turtle wings'. Since when did turtles have wings?
> Are they from the reactor at lake Anna?

I know you were being funny, but since so many retards on this list can't seem to figure out how to use The Google:

www.turtlewings.com

Posted by: HolyMoly ()
Date: January 16, 2016 09:49PM

I just farted while reading this and now my room smell like eggs. JOKES ON ME.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.