HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Plows this year?
Posted by: Pickett ()
Date: February 13, 2014 10:39PM

Wow in the Woodson District they did a great job on the roads. How is everybody else roads?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Plows this year?
Posted by: Kings.Park ()
Date: February 13, 2014 10:57PM

Still...not...plowed.

Posted by: 0tter ()
Date: February 13, 2014 11:46PM

Yeah, I'm pleasantly surprised. They're doing pretty well. I wish I could watch their jet engine truck. They bought one to melt the pushed mounds of snow at Park and Rides.

Posted by: wybeck ()
Date: February 13, 2014 11:58PM

They buried my driveway. I think they need more training on how to plow short streets.

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: February 14, 2014 12:41AM

They came and plowed the streets. Everyone got out and shoveled out their driveways and areas on the street to park. A couple of hours later they returned and plowed again.

Posted by: pine ridge ()
Date: February 14, 2014 03:49PM

I live in the Woodson district and didn't see even one plow till after midnight this morning. They didn't even bother plowing any of the courts. VDOT can eat shit.

Posted by: VDOT Can't Plow ()
Date: February 14, 2014 04:50PM

This morning West Ox northbound at Monument went from three lanes to one due to the right two lanes not being plowed at all. Not a pile of snow. Untouched, unplowed snow. What happened to curb to curb plowing???

Posted by: Last white man in the barrio ()
Date: February 14, 2014 05:19PM

Surprisingly for the Rt 1 area they did a really good job plowing most of the neighborhood streets.

Posted by: snow 1 ()
Date: February 14, 2014 08:49PM

I would say to call VDOT they contract the plow companies. Where do you all expect the snow to be put? VDOT does not want to pay the companies to clean your driveways as well as the road.

Posted by: Popeye's spinach ()
Date: February 14, 2014 09:26PM

They could put the snow where there isn't a driveway. I don't expect them to clean my driveway, but I also don't think they should dump a huge mound of snow right in front of my driveway. I'm able I clear it, but a lot of people wouldn't be able.

Posted by: be realistic ()
Date: February 14, 2014 10:43PM

In my hood springfield they have done an awesome job...ever since 2010 snowmagedon they have stepped up their efforts. Sorry to all the people who listen to yacht rock and complain about shoveling your apron after a plow comes through...but it comes with the territory....news flash vdot can't coordinate and plow every street at your requested time...have some patience....and get outside for some exercise and enjoy the day off because u know your not working...just complaining.

Posted by: Jujed ()
Date: February 15, 2014 12:50AM

wybeck Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They buried my driveway. I think they need more
> training on how to plow short streets.

I was actually trying to take out your mailbox. I'll be more accurate next time.

Posted by: Thucydides ()
Date: February 15, 2014 12:14PM

We had contract crews in our neighborhood twice this morning making runs with too much speed and sending slush flying into people's driveways and hitting cars. Guy even hit a bunch of garbage and recycling cans and sent them flying.

Totally unnecessary considering the streets were already completely passable and everyone's driveways were well dug out.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.