HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
DUI Road Blocks where and when
Posted by: Lawman ()
Date: July 15, 2006 11:33AM

Can somebody please post all the FFX county DUI road blocks with date and times?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DUI Road Blocks where and when
Posted by: Ur gay ()
Date: July 15, 2006 02:02PM

just click on the link to the FCPD news site and look for yourself homo

Posted by: take a cab ()
Date: July 15, 2006 04:31PM

When: tonight

Where: your driveway

Time: whenever you show up trashed

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: July 15, 2006 04:34PM

I find it ironic that lawman of all people needs this info.

It seems he can look down his nose at other crimes but isn't above drinking and driving.

I hope you drink, drive, and get busted before anyone gets hurt.

Posted by: n00b ()
Date: July 17, 2006 11:25AM

Come now he's obviously new to this let's not be assholes.

They usually get posted here http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/reports/news.htm a couple days before. Link available in the links sections up top.

Posted by: Lurker ()
Date: July 17, 2006 11:40AM

- Braddock Road has them a lot close to 495.
- Springfield\Franconia all over the place. Sometimes two cars rolling as a team.
- Rt 50 incoming from the Mountains before Sully Rd.
- FFX County Parkway between Fox Mill Rd and Sunrise Valley, in general the FFX parkway is famous for checkpoints.
- Centerville Road all over the place.
- Rt 236 by the Church.
- RT 28 Sometimes.
-
In general if you only drink a beer your in good shape, anything more than that and you at risk getting a DUI. Remember VA has new very strict DUI laws as of July 1st.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: July 17, 2006 01:23PM

Old Keen Mill (near Springfeild Mall) has them every once in a while. never seen one on Rolling Road which can be an alt route from Franconia Drive or whatever... where it's four lanes wide. Which would bypass the 495 exit onto/off of Braddock Road.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Officerfriendly ()
Date: July 17, 2006 02:35PM

"In general if you only drink a beer your in good shape, anything more than that and you at risk getting a DUI. "

That just may be the dumbest thing ever posted on FFU.

Posted by: mad max, JD ()
Date: July 17, 2006 02:40PM

Officerfriendly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "In general if you only drink a beer your in good
> shape, anything more than that and you at risk
> getting a DUI. "
>
> That just may be the dumbest thing ever posted on
> FFU.

And that's saying something.

Posted by: jwalker ()
Date: July 17, 2006 05:43PM

Rt 123 by George Mason. Fairfax City Police a road block about every two months.

Posted by: asfdljk ()
Date: July 17, 2006 11:36PM

what are the new dui rules

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: July 18, 2006 12:18PM

I can't remember if the "you are held in jail for three days if you are arrested for DUI" has been in force or not in the past but maybe it is now.

Date: July 18, 2006 01:36PM

Virginia is one of a handful of states to make it a misdemeanor to be caught driving with a BAC of .02 or more. .08 is now the legally impaired limit. Severly drunk drivers (over .15) are denied bail and suppose to do an automatic 10 days in jail.

Date: July 18, 2006 01:47PM

My bad... should read: The threshold for driving with an elevated blood alcohol content has been lowered. Driving with a BAC of 0.15 percent, previously 0.20 percent, will get a drunk driver an additional five days mandatory confinement for a first offense and more for each subsequent offense. Driving with a BAC of 0.20 percent, previously 0.25 percent, will get a drunk driver an additional ten days mandatory confinement or more for each subsequent offense. (HB 667)

Posted by: The Economist22 ()
Date: July 18, 2006 05:06PM

wait a second, isn't that against the U.S. Constitution? If I remember correctly the 8th amendment states that excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted. I'm no lawyer, but getting automatic sentencing without trial, or not being allowed a bail hearing is pretty much against the rules.

Date: July 18, 2006 05:44PM

this is the part where wikipedia says
"see article: guantanamo bay marine base"

Date: July 18, 2006 06:36PM

lol

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: The Economist22 ()
Date: July 18, 2006 08:20PM

Miliatary war is a tad different bro..

Date: July 18, 2006 08:44PM

i think ive been slacking on the grammar nazi and spelling police bit. i shall avenge my fallen comrade in internet warfare.

The Economist22 Wrote:
> Miliatary war is a tad different bro..

what you just wrote is not only spelled incorrectly, it means that "Miliatary war" is a slightly different brother. i pose the question, who is military war's brother? is it civil war or perhaps guerrilla war? as for being "a tad different," dont you think there is a significant difference between the types of war? perhaps you should learn where and when to use a comma.

Thanks!

Date: July 18, 2006 10:40PM

economist, I do generally agree that war means special circumstances, but the supreme court did just find the trials at guantanamo to be unconstitutional and a violation of geneva. So I think it is fair to use that point to demonstrate the administration's lack of regard for basic rights.

Date: July 18, 2006 11:38PM

{random blather}

The administration shamelesly disgregards basic rights with the justification of "survival of the US at all costs." I have two perspectives on that... first, the definition of "terrorist" is used inappropriately too much. If our country was occupied by China and you and I set off bombs to kill a few of their soldiers where we could, we would be branded terrorists by the occupying power but to us we'd be "resistance." Second, if our freedoms are eroded, America ceases to exist in terms of what it stands for and we are protecting the land mass we live on, not the ideal of America.

That former CIA guy who writes books on his experiences with hunting down Bin Laden had a lot of down-to-earth things to say. Things such as rather than fuck over ourselves here, wasting time on stripping down grandmothers as they board planes to Nebraska, we need to get over this stuff about killing civilians overseas to protect ourselves here. He brought up a situation where under Clinton's second term, Bin Laden's position was known at a certain time and a lot of assets were in place to carry out a particular strike that would have killed him. Clinton bailed on the strike at the last minute because of the word that a few civilian families would have been killed in the strike. The CIA guy said that in order to preserve our nation we need to realize that dead civilians overseas is a preferable outcome to dead civilians over here.

This is one reason why I am voting against all incumbants regardless of party. While we waste time blowing up people in Iraq who can't harm anyone in Fargo ND and one crazy guy was in power controlling all the other crazy people, while they waste time arguing flag burning and gay marriage amendments, while Mayor Williams enacts "solutions" to tourists getting knifed and raped by increasing video camera surveillance (presumably to sell the tapes on pay-per-view I guess because they certainly don't help someone in the process of getting stabbed), inidivudal American situations are declining. If bin laden is the problem then uproot our guys from Iraq, where the people there just want to burn and behead soldiers and burn them and poke them with poles and sticks while they hang from bridge spiress, and get 120,000 troops to the border of Afganistan and Pakistan and kill anything that moves until the animals there are all dead. Either do that or call the boys home so we can spend money on port security and better health care.

{/random blather}

off with his topic!
Date: July 19, 2006 02:49AM

ok... so i think pgens' (and this) post should probably be moved elsewhere... it's hella off topic.

pgens Wrote:
> While we waste
> time blowing up people in Iraq who can't harm
> anyone in Fargo ND

it's not Fargo ND that they are looking to harm, it's the government and economy. basically, they want to have the country collapse on itself. however, they also try to make us fear them for what they can do to us.

> If bin laden
> is the problem then uproot our guys from Iraq,

bin laden is just one guy, a figurehead, there are thousands that will take his place given the chance. think big picture. Iran takes Iraq, now we have Iran * 2. good idea or bad idea? i would also like to point out that the number of soldiers that have died in Iraq is far lower than the amount of people who died in the 9/11 attacks which happened in only one day. let's also think of the mass graves that Sadam was filling with tortured and executed people. dont forget if another huge attack happens, more americans would be dead then than those that die in combat. big picture.

> where the people there just want to burn and
> behead soldiers and burn them and poke them with
> poles and sticks while they hang from bridge
> spiress,

a broken bone that has healed incorrectly has to be rebroken to be fixed. we broke Iraq. reseting a broken bone hurts. nobody wants to feel that pain. Iraq is broken and now it's being reset. it's painful but it's for the best. as for the people, the media loves to make everything sensational, there are plenty of people in Iraq that are glad this change is happening. a lot of them hate Sadam, incase you havent noticed, people keep killing his lawyers.

> and get 120,000 troops to the border of
> Afganistan and Pakistan and kill anything that
> moves until the animals there are all dead.

bombs are more effective for what you are suggesting.

> Either do that or call the boys home so we can
> spend money on port security and better health
> care.

this port security thing has been blown out of proportion because people (and the media) dont understand how port security works in the first place.

Date: July 19, 2006 06:50PM

please explain, Gravis. I would seriously like to know what you know about port security. This is not a "dis" or a challenge, but you simplified that statement too much for me.

I've read my fair share and do know a few customs employees, and the info I have received tells me that the ports in this country are not salvable security-wise, however, even the customs employees I know admit there is a large element of logic-based speculation in what they tell me.

Date: July 19, 2006 07:59PM

Normally when people make that kind of port security comments, they are really saying that in order to get 100% security, every container would have to be inspected. Everyone kneows that would make the ports useless because nothing would ever get through. I'm not talking about 100% protection. I'm saying spend money on research grants for better explosives detection and such. All containers already go through these huge radiation detectors and that is cool, but that doesn't stop a ship from parking just outside the port and blowing off a nuke.

Date: July 19, 2006 08:05PM

I did watch season 2 of "The Wire", as well as "Sum of All Fears", so i can assure you I am an expert in the ports. Well at least the ones in Baltimore.

Posted by: Lurker ()
Date: July 21, 2006 10:22AM

Officers Target Drunk Drivers in July

The Fairfax County Police Department, in the interest of promoting safe and sober driving, has launched its “Safe and Sober Summer” program. The purpose of the campaign, which runs from July 1 through August 4, is to continually educate the public about the dangers of irresponsible drinking and driving. During the last campaign, well over 100 drunk and impaired drivers were arrested.

The “Safe and Sober Summer” program consists of 12 select officers from a variety of stations and the motorcycle unit. They have formed a roving squad with the primary purpose of identifying and arresting drunk drivers. The squad has made 76 arrests to date. These officers work both weekdays and weekends throughout the evening hours. DWI checkpoints are also conducted as part of the strategic plan to combat impaired driving. The third component of the plan involves alcohol stings whereby underage cadets attempt to purchase alcohol from a variety of establishments.

Captain Bowman, commander of the Traffic Division, said that “drunk and impaired drivers caused 16,694 alcohol-related fatalities in 2004. The Fairfax County Police Department is serious about enforcing Virginia's DWI related laws and our officers know exactly what to look for. When we find you driving while impaired we will arrest you. No warnings, no second chance. Your life, your future and the lives of others depend on your decision to not drive under the influence.”

Date: July 21, 2006 11:44AM

Lurker Wrote:
> DWI
> checkpoints are also conducted as part of the
> strategic plan to combat impaired driving.

im not an idiot, the checkpoints are a PR stunt. too bad every soccer mom on the planet is an idiot when it comes to stuff like this.

Date: July 21, 2006 12:02PM

I think it's funny the commander of the traffic division enforcing drunk driving laws has a last name of "Bowman".

Date: July 21, 2006 06:29PM

I also find the fact that the most hellacious drink-drivers I have ever met are cops to be ironic.

I went to a crazy policeman's bachelor party at a VFW hall ten years ago or so, and nobody in that room was not wasted. Every single car was gone from the parking lot at the end of the night.

Posted by: 50505050 ()
Date: December 23, 2015 06:21PM

theyll be out over the Holidays

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.