HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Praying for victims
Posted by: Prayer ()
Date: November 20, 2015 07:32AM

Praying for France (or anything/anybody)...

How is it supposed to work?

Like, if we don't pray for the victims, bad things will continue to happen to them, or their healing won't happen quickly, etc.?

Regardless of the innocence of the victims?

So, god turns his attention to things/people if enough people pray, but, if we don't, he's not gonna help out in Paris? Or he'll help out in a lesser fashion if only some people pray?

Why did he go to the trouble of making all this happen in the first place, especially if he's gonna fix some of it up if enough people pray?

Boy, sure seems that he got a bunch of innocent people involved in this little "game" or whatever you'd want to call it, doesn't it?

That is, create an elaborate terrorist event, bunch of people killed/maimed, then, see if other people who weren't involved will "pray" for him to come and fix things up. And oh, by the way, the "tools" of this were people representing that "other" god...But our god, of course, is the only real one, and if we pray, he'll fix a few things up.

I mean, if this was a person orchestrating all this, wouldn't you think, what a huge, egotistical a$$hole, and if were able to catch him, it would be worthy of the death penalty?

Weird, isn't it?

Does anybody have an real "answers" on this?

Like, "god works in mysterious ways, and only believers will understand"...type of logical stuff?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Praying for victims
Posted by: Donut hole ()
Date: November 20, 2015 11:18AM

You could ask the same question about sports morons who believe in praying for their team to win, or the stupid players when they point to the sky after a touchdown. Does praying about anything matter? What things does good care about? I don't know, but every time I try to speak to him he never responds so my guess is nothing.

Posted by: get on yer knees ()
Date: November 20, 2015 11:28AM

Are you praying the right way?

Could it be a technique thing?

Maybe put more energy into it?

Try harder?

Posted by: NvpFh ()
Date: November 20, 2015 12:12PM

For starters I suggest you ask God, not us. Do you know how to think? Do you have feelings? Do you know how to talk? Just do it. Speak the truth about yourself. Ask how to pray? He's waiting. What? Do you have to have all the answers before you start?

Posted by: The Word of God ()
Date: November 20, 2015 12:14PM

Prayer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Praying for France (or anything/anybody)...
>
> How is it supposed to work?

Attachments:
gods-love.jpg

Posted by: A time for War ()
Date: November 20, 2015 12:15PM

Jesus said that near the end or in the endtimes there will be wars and rumors of wars and nations will rise against nations and peoples and peoples ...
Revelation even states that those who believe (in jesus) will be taken to the steps of the Magistrates and their heads would be cut off ... which religion is doing this a lot recently -- yes Islam.

Also, the Bible tells us that the day will come that anyone who kills you will believe they are doing "a service to God" -- Again which religion does this sound like? Yes Islam.

Praying does work. If you doubt God -- pray with all your heart that He will reveal himself to you and He WILL!

Terrible things must happen -- because there is evil in the world -- by take heart -- Jesus has overcome the world. -- His kingdom is not of this world -- His kingfom is eternal.

Faith without action is dead. -- If you see trouble coming, then prepare (do something_ -- Pray Yes. But prepare also.

Also, we should never allow the innocent to be dragged off to their deaths (also in the Bible)

So there is a time for war (Ecclesiastes chapter 3).

Posted by: deflector ()
Date: November 20, 2015 12:15PM

Didn't even really come close to answering the questions.

Posted by: A Prayer For those Hurting ()
Date: November 20, 2015 12:21PM

Lord I pray that you would comfort the loved-ones of the victims of the Paris attacks. I pray that they would find peace and solace in you during this difficult time. I pray that you would help them grieve well so that they would not harbor revenge in their hearts. I pray that they would be able to forgive those responsible for murder. I pray that they would trust in you and in the authorities to handle the on going situation. I pray also that they would have peace during the midst of the storm they are going through. Lord teach them have to continue to live within their environment. That they would continue to love their neighbors despite their loss and that you would be glorified through this. I also pray that you would heal those who have been injured in the attacks, that you would even give the doctors wisdom on how to best treat the wounded. -- In Jesus' Name- Amen.

Posted by: Praise jeegus ye verily ()
Date: November 20, 2015 05:59PM

That is pretty, and very nice.

It occurs to me that it may be more helpful for those reciting it than for those for whom it is intended.

Which may be rather selfish.

Now, if enough people pray, does god take that into account, and really work hard to help those people whose lives were upended via this act of god?

On the other hand, if very few people pray, does god then say, ahhh f*** it, nobody gives a sh** about these people, I ain't gonna do sh** for 'em?

Seriously...how is prayer supposed to work, and if god is gonna fix 'em, why did he f*** 'em up in the first place?

Posted by: causeican ()
Date: November 20, 2015 11:48PM

yes, the more people that pray, the better. He is like a father, if we are all making a lot of noise for his attention, he will give us what we want. Thus the saying, "be careful what you ask for”

The way I understand it: The default force moving the earth on it’s downward course is bad stuff: death, destruction, hate - all the bad things that can happen. The fact that God is still in existence in the world is because God is waiting for you to call on him to save you. So, shit is going to happen. God will use it but he isn’t causing it. God’s purpose is to get all those who will call upon him, to do it. Once everyone is off ship (saved), he’s gone too and only the scary dark and dreadful remains (all the bad/evil) No more light. No more love. No more mercy. No more hope. All hope will be gone. Better grab a life boat while you can.

Posted by: causeican ()
Date: November 20, 2015 11:49PM

If you were a being from another world, how would you communicate with people on earth?

Posted by: Fox News ()
Date: November 20, 2015 11:52PM

120804_Romans8_26.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2015 11:53PM by Fox News.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.